Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
VP of Gaming
29668 posts

Re: Do you think the PS4 multimedia was deliberately disabled?

Mar 23, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@HiTmAN_90

And there are a lot of great PC games that never make it to a console. Just because they font say Sony on the box, it doesn't make them any less of games. There are also plenty of other great options in games that a console will never do. See the PC versions of The Elder Scrolls as an example.

You do have many options though. You can. Buy a PC, see what the Bone or Wii U offer, suck it up and use another device for media or quit gaming.

As for me, I'm glad they didn't make the casual media crap a launch focus. We have a much better gaming machine as a result and the PS3 was a sucky media player to begin with.

sorry i find it ridiculous that you think you have to tell me this...

you dont even know what kinda games i like to play probably

im not so dense to leave playstation because ps4 is missing some features that ps3 had

i cant believe that haha

Message 51 of 71 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Mar 31, 2014

I like the gaming aspect but why take away from a console just to focus on gaming.  Its smart to me- the more your console can do the better it is....just sayin'....My big sound system is hooked up to my tv and liked being able to play from Pandora and mp3's.  Have company over for dinner turn on the ps3 and enjoy the music.  Wasn't too happy when the Ps4 couldn't do that...I mean really, focus on games, naaaaa, impress me and do everything i want it to do...

Message 52 of 71 (186 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Mar 31, 2014

I'm saving up for a next-gen console and this really concerns me. If I can't play any media files on the PS4, then most likely I won't buy it. I understand that Sony wants to concentrate on making quality games for the system, but people would like to listen to music and watch videos on their console, too.  Maybe PS4 will enable this on the next firmware update if enough people voice their concerns.

''When in doubt, tell the truth.'' --Mark Twain
=+= LOYAL PLAYSTATION GAMER SINCE 1999 =+=
Message 53 of 71 (176 Views)
First Son
8 posts

May 6, 2014
As a more mature ps3,4 user I feel they have missed out BASIC ENTRY LEVEL MULTIMEDIA FEATURES in favour of childish gimmicks.

Flashing light on the crontroller = a gimmick.
Recording & sharing of gameplay video footage = a gimmick.

...but it wont play a music CD, play USB based multimedia or stream music or video from a media server.

This is a step backwards.
Message 54 of 71 (115 Views)
Survivor
2523 posts

May 6, 2014

SpiraldivePara wrote:
As a more mature ps3,4 user I feel they have missed out BASIC ENTRY LEVEL MULTIMEDIA FEATURES in favour of childish gimmicks.

...but it wont play a music CD, play USB based multimedia or stream music or video from a media server.

You must not be aware of Youtube then.

Message 55 of 71 (97 Views)
Last Guardian
11595 posts

May 7, 2014

murphdawg1 wrote:

SpiraldivePara wrote:

You must not be aware of Youtube then.

well yeah. The Gaming Community is taking over Youtube...right?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 56 of 71 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 7, 2014

When the PS4 was announced they pushed it as being the center of your living room. All it does is games. The features they have added with the so called huge update 1.70 was to promote free advertising with game shares and the ability too add videos to You Tube. I enjoy watching youtube but I enjoy gaming and watching my movie collection even more. They need to add the PS3 functionality (DLNA, watching video from a USB device) so we have something to do until the good games come out. There are some good ones out now but mostly the behind the times indie games.

Message 57 of 71 (87 Views)
Fender Bender
2430 posts

May 7, 2014
Clearly the PS4 OS was no where close to being completed when the console launched. Sony didn't reserve 3GB of RAM for the OS for nothing a lot of features will be coming. Who knows they might just announce that Music Player App at E3. Be Patient.
Message 58 of 71 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

May 7, 2014

I don't see why it matters. Yes, PS3 had these features.

But here is the thing: Its a game console. 

I frankly am glad they are focusing more on games. Rather than producing an update to add MP3 support and other features, they can instead use the time and effort to improve stability and such. 

Message 59 of 71 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8890 posts

Re: PS4 multimedia deliberately disabled

May 7, 2014

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

i find it crazy how some people use the argument

oh if you want those features just keep your ps3 and use your ps3 for that

so i have to go to a 10 year old machine last generation to use something that my new ps4 system cant do

also before anyone writes this because i see that this is popular now
 the fact that people didnt do their research lol

first it was keep your ps3

now its just you shoulda done yer reeesearchhhhh durrrrrrrrrrrrr

ps4 shoulda had all this stuff long time ago

Actually its both. I did that kept my PS3 and researched what the PS4 can and cant do. I have clear understanding and can rely on my PS3 when need be.

Message 60 of 71 (70 Views)
0 Likes