Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/14/2008
Offline
3225 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

With more PS4 and Vita cross over play, there is a lot of potential there. And given a price drop as well will make this system pick up steam. I'm just waiting for some type of price drop and more games.



"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment


Message 21 of 128 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/15/2009
Offline
4113 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

No offense, but people break promises, get over it. 

There are some great AAA titles such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona. i can gurantee that if every game that is currently in the Vita library, you still would have the same amount of games you currently have.


People is one thing; companies are a very different thing. If after you buy your PS4 you find out that you have to check online once a day in order to play on your system, what are you going to say? "People break promises, I'll get over it" or "Well, crap, this isn't what I was sold on"? Go ahead, tell me~.

 

Uncharted is a launch title, Gravity Rush is not that far off, nor is Persona (which is a port). The underlined part I can't answer to because that sentence just makes no sense to me. What I can guarantee you, is that I own more PSV games than you do, and thus I am entitled to my educated opinion~.


OK then, list the games you own. Which version (download or card) and a sentence review or statement about each game.

 

Please do this so that we can accept you as the authority over us.

Message 22 of 128 (368 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

Let's face it, hardly anyone wants to buy a $250 system, with $80 32gb memory cards that has no games. I think it'd be better to focus on making the slow transition from ps3 to ps4, than to have the Vita serving as a distraction.

 

And, by 'slow transition,' I mean slowing down the PS3 releases. This year we have The Last of Us, Beyond, and GT6. They should support those games with DLC and patches (obviously), then call it a generation.

 

I really don't see the Vita taking off.


You're a complete....I'll stop there so I don't get suspended for flaming.

 

I've seen a lot of stupid suggestions regarding the Vita, but this seriously has to be the dumbest ever. Let's forget the fact that Sony has already said the Vita will play a large role in the PS4, Sony's still making money on the Vita even if it doesn't sell huge numbers the media wants, so there's no point in just dropping support completely.

 

It's also quite humorous that you think Sony's hardware division affects their software divisions in any way.

Message 23 of 128 (362 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

OK then, list the games you own. Which version (download or card) and a sentence review or statement about each game.

Please do this so that we can accept you as the authority over us.


Right, because I'm going to waste my time typing stuff to prove stuff to people on the Internet. Most you get is my public trophy list, something you could've checked beforehand on your own~. 

 

Oh and as a bonus, because they say pictures are worth 1k words, a picture of my current PSV retail collection~.

Message 24 of 128 (362 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

No offense, but people break promises, get over it. 

There are some great AAA titles such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Persona. i can gurantee that if every game that is currently in the Vita library, you still would have the same amount of games you currently have.


People is one thing; companies are a very different thing. If after you buy your PS4 you find out that you have to check online once a day in order to play on your system, what are you going to say? "People break promises, I'll get over it" or "Well, crap, this isn't what I was sold on"? Go ahead, tell me~.

 

Uncharted is a launch title, Gravity Rush is not that far off, nor is Persona (which is a port). The underlined part I can't answer to because that sentence just makes no sense to me. What I can guarantee you, is that I own more PSV games than you do, and thus I am entitled to my educated opinion~.


lol, i meant to say "library was a AAA title, you..."

 

and having AAA games and needing to connect to the internet are two COMPLTELY different things.  Also, Sony never said anything about AAA games, they just said its will play high quality games, which is does. If Sony say Infamous will be a launch title at E3, but then delays it 2 months, ill be **bleep**, but ill get over it.  The Last of Us was delayed.  I've been waiting 2 years for it, and it was suppose to release on my birthday earlier this month. I got over it though.

 

Also, whats the big deal about a game being a launch title?  Its still a AAA game.

Message 25 of 128 (355 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

 

and having AAA games and needing to connect to the internet are two COMPLTELY different things.  Also, Sony never said anything about AAA games, they just said its will play high quality games, which is does.

 

Also, whats the big deal about a game being a launch title?  Its still a AAA game.


A promise is a promise; remember Bioshock Vita? It was one of the many things mentioned to get people to buy one. Where's that game now? Right, nowhere~.

 

The big deal with Uncharted GA being a launch title is that...it's a launch title. Awesome, it was an AAA. But that game is from a year and a half ago. I kinda want new stuff. Of course that is a bad example, other AAAs have been released since then, but the rate at which they are released is very poor. After SS we have Muramasa: Rebirth on June (which is a port) and KZM in September. it's a drought, though nowhere near as bad as last year's period of June ~ September. Before SS, the last AAA game was AC3: Liberation, the gap is almost concerning. I'm not opposed to PS3/PSV releases but come on, give the PSV a bone and toss them some exclusives. Why'd people buy a system to play games they can already play on the console they own~?

Message 26 of 128 (348 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/26/2008
Offline
47 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
no, my vita is awesome, and you dont NEED a 32gb memory card. you can buy physical games, and some digital games are small. Seriously, just because you don't have one, don't assume their **bleep** and should be discontinued. Vita's are amazing devices that a failing because of **bleep** like you who won't even give it a chance.

No reason for name-calling. It's pretty pathetic that people can get so emotional over their pieces of plastic. And yes, a 32gb card is pretty much needed...unless you don't mind having, basically no media on the machine. In that case, it's basically a machine that plays watered-down ps3 ports.

Message 27 of 128 (333 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/30/2011
Offline
2032 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Occhi07 wrote:

 

and having AAA games and needing to connect to the internet are two COMPLTELY different things.  Also, Sony never said anything about AAA games, they just said its will play high quality games, which is does.

 

Also, whats the big deal about a game being a launch title?  Its still a AAA game.


A promise is a promise; remember Bioshock Vita? It was one of the many things mentioned to get people to buy one. Where's that game now? Right, nowhere~.

 

The big deal with Uncharted GA being a launch title is that...it's a launch title. Awesome, it was an AAA. But that game is from a year and a half ago. I kinda want new stuff. Of course that is a bad example, other AAAs have been released since then, but the rate at which they are released is very poor. After SS we have Muramasa: Rebirth on June (which is a port) and KZM in September. it's a drought, though nowhere near as bad as last year's period of June ~ September. Before SS, the last AAA game was AC3: Liberation, the gap is almost concerning. I'm not opposed to PS3/PSV releases but come on, give the PSV a bone and toss them some exclusives. Why'd people buy a system to play games they can already play on the console they own~?


well, you have Dragon's Crown, Jak and Daxter collection, and other games (a lot being small indie titles) .  Also, That Bioshock guy says all the time, they want to do it, they just don't have money or time.  He said its in the hands of the money guys or something like that.  Same with Borderlands, but they want another, really good dev team to make, like Bend.

Message 28 of 128 (333 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 12/26/2008
Offline
47 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

Let's face it, hardly anyone wants to buy a $250 system, with $80 32gb memory cards that has no games. I think it'd be better to focus on making the slow transition from ps3 to ps4, than to have the Vita serving as a distraction.

 

And, by 'slow transition,' I mean slowing down the PS3 releases. This year we have The Last of Us, Beyond, and GT6. They should support those games with DLC and patches (obviously), then call it a generation.

 

I really don't see the Vita taking off.


You're a complete....I'll stop there so I don't get suspended for flaming.

 

I've seen a lot of stupid suggestions regarding the Vita, but this seriously has to be the dumbest ever. Let's forget the fact that Sony has already said the Vita will play a large role in the PS4, Sony's still making money on the Vita even if it doesn't sell huge numbers the media wants, so there's no point in just dropping support completely.

 

It's also quite humorous that you think Sony's hardware division affects their software divisions in any way.


Well, go suck a...I'm going to stop there. I can't believe how mentally handicapped some people can be....I remember when people were always saying "wait a year," "wait until this game comes out," and "wait until e3." It's excuse after excuse from rabbid fanboys that are in denial. This thing was basically dead on arrival...something like an abortion. Time to open them eyes.

 

And learn to read. I was implying that if they keep having studios devoted to making these watered-down ports, no one buys, it's practically a waste of time. They can't even get people to make games, so they had hype up the indie market...I'm pretty sure no one bought a Vita for that. And, I'm pretty sure everyone who wanted cheap indie games are playing them on their phones, already.

Message 29 of 128 (330 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/15/2013
Offline
13 posts
 

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 25, 2013
I love my Vita, and if you think it is useless you are missing out. It is small, but with a decently sized screen for it's size (bigger than my phone for certain). I have downloaded games plus a few cartridges, so I can play as I like when I like. Plus when I showed my Vita to the game store people when discussing the PS3 their eyes lit up like Christmas trees as they started telling me everything that would cause me to love my Vita even more when the PS4 was released. I watch Netflix and YouTube regularly on it, love Treasure Park for all that it is a simple, cheap, basically throwaway game. I really can't explain well enough how amazing a handheld system it really is.
Message 30 of 128 (326 Views)