Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2442 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

May 26, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

I just want too throw this out there, but. Isn't it possible that Sony designed the Vita with the PS4 in mind?

They sold us a standalone console, not a glorified remote pad. If they'd have told me beforehand that the PSV's biggest feature would be remote play I wouldn't have bothered with it and I'm pretty **bleep** sure most of the 4M PSV users would agree with that~.

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 128 (226 Views)
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

Gadirok wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

I just want too throw this out there, but. Isn't it possible that Sony designed the Vita with the PS4 in mind?

After all, technically it could communicate with the PS3 so much more, but it doesn't. Which is why so many think that the Vita is failing, when in fact Sony was looking at the future. And, the PS4. :smileywink:

Just my $0.02 cents.

You know what the Vita needs?

A game like Starhawk.

Actually thats what I need. Starhawk had so much of its maps in co-op left untapped. I often walk through them knowing its such a waste when prospector uses 1/50th of the entire map like Site-17.

Vita's install base would have embraced the game more and loved it more. It would have been a killer app for the system rather than being abysmal on the PS3.

Then again, I think the Vita couldn't handle it. But then I look at gravity rush which has the largest open world I have ever explored in any single game and think otherwise.

is starhawk really that good? because i am considering getting it because the ultimate edition is only 15$.

$15 is a good price, since you are getting all the dlc.

I paid $67 on launch week when I bought it. I don't have many initial regrets but I didn't see the game bombing the way it did either. When I look back, not many people even knew what I was talking about when I told them stories about starhawk and never heard of it. Besides the closed beta promotions (how I caught onto the game) its promotions and handling was abysmal and I blame Sony, and the Warhawk elitists for their boycotts like SpaceNun.

Then again, Light box Interactive (the devs) should have implemented the feedback their fanbase threw into the game rather they releasing the half baked product as it was. In the beginning, there was ALOT of biased battles where the first team to get the advantage would completely obliterate the other team. 

After a few patches (post-august) was when I felt the game really got amazing and fixed most of the problems (like nerfing cluster bombs because it was being over abused and removing the bruiser).

The September patch, the final one atleast pushed so much content into the game and further grounded it as one of the best experiences on Playstation 3.

It was a shame LBI had layoffs and handling was sent to Santa Monica soon after. Now the game lives on, but the community has dwindled. The game is still active though, I don't visit the general board any longer as much as I used to but the community is still active and their are a plenty of matches to play.

I don't encounter zones matches as often as I used to though. A shame, I loved zones. 

Let me know if you plan on picking it up as I can probably play with you. I'm not as good as I used to be since my strategy of rushing recklessly with a sidewinder blew into bits when they decided to put lock-on with rocket launchers on sidewinders and grizzlies came in but have gained alot of experience with hawks since that patch. Dodging experience, as I still can't hit for **bleep**. Lucky prospector matches have great AI prep against the real deal with MP since you are likely to plummet face first if you don't know what you are doing.

The most fun I had with the game is still the closed beta. Knifing was a little rigged back then but it was hilarious and fun since combat was alot more varied even with only razorbacks and hawks.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 128 (218 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6964 posts

May 26, 2013

Gadirok wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

After all, technically it could communicate with the PS3 so much more, but it doesn't. Which is why so many think that the Vita is failing, when in fact Sony was looking at the future. And, the PS4. :smileywink:

Just my $0.02 cents.

You know what the Vita needs?

A game like Starhawk.

Actually thats what I need. Starhawk had so much of its maps in co-op left untapped. I often walk through them knowing its such a waste when prospector uses 1/50th of the entire map like Site-17.

Vita's install base would have embraced the game more and loved it more. It would have been a killer app for the system rather than being abysmal on the PS3.

Then again, I think the Vita couldn't handle it. But then I look at gravity rush which has the largest open world I have ever explored in any single game and think otherwise.

Starhawk in my opinion doesnt come even close to Warhawk's greatness, not even remotely close, thats why the game didnt sell, they just needed to release a better looking game with the same game mechanics, a single player campaign and more modes and maps but noooooo they wanted to be creative and added lots of unnecesary things so what did they get? the majority of the warhawk fanbase mad at all the changes, same thing goes to insomniac trying to change the traditional Ratchet and Clank game mechanics.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 128 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

May 26, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

Just my $0.02 cents.

we will know at E3, but if this is true, then I will start calling sony by scammers, beacuse they scammed me by not saying anything about ps4 when I bought my vita. not only me but more people will feel the same if what you said is true 

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 128 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1813 posts

May 26, 2013

zack2091 wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

Just my $0.02 cents.

we will know at E3, but if this is true, then I will start calling sony by scammers, beacuse they scammed me by not saying anything about ps4 when I bought my vita. not only me but more people will feel the same if what you said is true 

if sony creates a new vita and renders my obsolete, im gonna rage.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 128 (192 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

May 26, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:

zack2091 wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

Just my $0.02 cents.

if sony creates a new vita and renders my obsolete, im gonna rage.

I don't think they will unveil it at E3. I'm guessing the new model (if they plan on supporting the Vita) will come E3 2014 along with a new boost. 

I would love a new model. My mom plays and loves my current Vita too much and I will likely give her my old Vita with the 4gb to play ToM:Blitz.

I haven't really treated that Vita with too much care though. No scratches because screen protector but I dropped it on the pavement when I got out of the car once, and I was bummed out the entire day as it left a rigged mark on the edge of the Vita where you are supposed to hook a wrist band.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 128 (187 Views)
PistoI Proficianado
1125 posts

May 26, 2013

Yeah, well lets not turn this into a Warhawk - Starhawk argument. Please?

Gadirok, have you considered joining the Wednesday server ever?

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 128 (184 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

No, I think I accidentally stumbled upon that server once Wednesday night during the anniversary a few weeks ago. It was fun but I don't generally participate in the Wednesday community night.

I generally only join populated games with more than 20 people as I hate joining servers with less than 16 people. So whichever server has more people at any given time that I play (random days) I just join that server.

Sometimes I would follow some random guy named hippy70 and his clan and just stalked them around, they didn't really care though that I followed them around.

It was fun messing around with them but I never saw them online again.

Have you seen someone named MrMoustache? I never saw that guy again and he was the best player I ever saw. I honestly don't know how he was so skilled at the game. He would create servers back in August and kill people on his own side and the enemy team. 

I wonder if he still plays.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 128 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PistoI Proficianado
1125 posts

May 26, 2013

Gadirok wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

No, I think I accidentally stumbled upon that server once Wednesday night during the anniversary a few weeks ago. It was fun but I don't generally participate in the Wednesday community night.

I generally only join populated games with more than 20 people as I hate joining servers with less than 16 people. So whichever server has more people at any given time that I play (random days) I just join that server.

Sometimes I would follow some random guy named hippy70 and his clan and just stalked them around, they didn't really care though that I followed them around.

Have you seen someone named MrMoustache? I never saw that guy again and he was the best player I ever saw. I honestly don't know how he was so skilled at the game. He would create servers back in August and kill people on his own side and the enemy team. 

Oh yes, MrMoustache... I remember him, one of the only people too kill me with the pistol. Several time's, while surrounded by team-mates every time.

Haven't seen him since December.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 128 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

Makuta1213 wrote:

Gadirok wrote:

Makuta1213 wrote:

Oh yes, MrMoustache... I remember him, one of the only people too kill me with the pistol. Several time's, while surrounded by team-mates every time.

Haven't seen him since December.

I was in his clan and he would still team-kill me alot. 

Once in a open server before the "assault" mode came out everyone was getting sick of his crap and I had enough. Rammed a razorback into him while he was killing people with headshots.

So many people across the server were happy at what I accomplished. Even if I team killed my clan leader, who was on the same team as me in the match.

He followed up by spawn killing me six times in a row with an assault rifle right after. Each time I would duel him he would kill me in a few shots. 

I shortly left the clan when he disappeared. Still miss that guy as even if he was a **bleep** and never talked to me or bothered to reply to my messages, it was still fun following him.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 128 (169 Views)