Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Re: Does Anyone Think The Vita Should be Let Go?

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

:smileyvery-happy:

Cool! I disliked him anyway, always seemed to be a thorn to the game when he was there.

Oh and as a little suggestion, check by this Wednesday! The server is typically close to full and very hectic.

Though you should sign up on the Starhawk forums if you decide too, Plymco is thinking about restricting it again to make it more enjoyable. :smileywink:

Message 61 of 128 (207 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3831 posts

May 26, 2013

@Gadirok You should try to get into the Wed. Night Community games. They are a ton of fun every week, and you get to know the forum people, and after awhile it just is so nice to play with familiar people.

It's funny reading some of the things you've said. Like my PS Vita. I dropped it one day, so freaking not my style and I have a nasty ding right there a little above where a wrist strap goes. I was bummed, felt sick to my stomach about it.

About SH Private Beta, yeah, the Glory Days of SH. Sigh. I loved those games. I talk about it to this day at home, how much fun it was then. But it's still fun today, just not always easy to find the great matches, just decent games even. Usually if I make a server, it's really fun, gets popular but then some bunch of people come in and take over and over dominate and everyone else leaves ... that's no fun. So I really only mostly play on Wed. Nights now. 

I'd like to play more, but my little group of clan mates seem to prefer DUST514 lately during the afternoon or evening. I don't like DUST.  

Message 62 of 128 (200 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1938 posts

May 26, 2013

Ok, I just bought stargawk. Add me please

Message 63 of 128 (197 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2415 posts

May 26, 2013
I don't think the vita should be let go,
I mean I'd be really mad if it was considering I've spent over $400 on it already and I like playing games on it and hope they release more games for it.
Message 64 of 128 (170 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4487 posts

May 26, 2013

The marketing group over at SCE need to make some adjustments. The Vita device itself is at a decent price. Even though it's $50 more then current hot smartphone. What really kills from more people from buying a Vita is that the memory cards are so **bleep** expensive. Not to mention the controls on it can be kind of a pain for some selected games out there.

Which one is better? Most are going to pick the PS3 since you will get more for your money and will have more of a game selection.

PS3 bundle right now - 250GB console, Move Controller, Move Navigation controller, PlayStation Eye and a new game for $249.

Vita bundle - Vita itself, CoD game, 4GB memory card for $249.

YB

Message 65 of 128 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

May 26, 2013
I don't think there's anything wrong with the controls, I've played different genres and they all perform smooth like silk. There's a problem when people try to force the whole stupid touch control thing on you though, Ninja Gaiden Sigma / 2 are great examples of that, as is AC3:Liberation. The back touch panel is the most useless thing ever too~.

The price is wrong, it should be no more than $199 and the memory card prices need to be slashed by half~.
Message 66 of 128 (160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
741 posts

May 26, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

@Gadirok You should try to get into the Wed. Night Community games. They are a ton of fun every week, and you get to know the forum people, and after awhile it just is so nice to play with familiar people.

It's funny reading some of the things you've said. Like my PS Vita. I dropped it one day, so freaking not my style and I have a nasty ding right there a little above where a wrist strap goes. I was bummed, felt sick to my stomach about it.

About SH Private Beta, yeah, the Glory Days of SH. Sigh. I loved those games. I talk about it to this day at home, how much fun it was then. But it's still fun today, just not always easy to find the great matches, just decent games even. Usually if I make a server, it's really fun, gets popular but then some bunch of people come in and take over and over dominate and everyone else leaves ... that's no fun. So I really only mostly play on Wed. Nights now. 

I'd like to play more, but my little group of clan mates seem to prefer DUST514 lately during the afternoon or evening. I don't like DUST.  

I tried DUST thinking it would be similar to a FPS starhawk, but I couldn't stand it.

Graphics were PS2 levels for me and there was so much latency. Felt like my shots were doing nothing.

The game was massive though, but not my game.

I love starhawk for the massive maps, and exploration and span it gives you. Dust 514 looks more of the same with an emphasis on...people.

Message 67 of 128 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 26, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the controls, I've played different genres and they all perform smooth like silk. There's a problem when people try to force the whole stupid touch control thing on you though, Ninja Gaiden Sigma / 2 are great examples of that, as is AC3:Liberation. The back touch panel is the most useless thing ever too~.

The price is wrong, it should be no more than $199 and the memory card prices need to be slashed by half~.

I agree with your point that "forced" touch support is absolutely the wrong way to go about game design and usually winds up with a sub-par experience, but I completely disagree with the back touch panel being useless - games like LBP, Dokuro, Jetpack Joyride, Escape Plan, etc. have made perfect use of it. Again, it all boils down to whether developers simply add it for the sake of adding it, or actually take the time to determine how best to utilize it, if at all.

Message 68 of 128 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

May 26, 2013
And Tearaway will utilize it too and knowing MM we both know it won't feel gimmicky. But that's what? 5 games out of 100+? Can you honestly say that without the back touch panel the experience on those games would have felt compromised? In paper, the back touch pannel seemed like a good idea, I mean, more possibilities. Hell, certain android / iOs games like the Chaos Ring series could have been brought to the PSV and be played without compromise. It was an idea full of potential that nobody invested on~.

But in practice? The use of it to simulate the L2/R2 in PSOne emulation is cumbersome and overall, in the games that use it, they don't add much. Some games have tried to map patterns to it (fighting games) but the results are less than optimal given that unless you are using grips, you probably touch the back panel by accident~.

Now, cheap as it sounds, the cost of the PSV could've been slightly less without it and much like it happens with the 3D in the 3DS, I really don't think that the system would've suffered without it. But that's just personal opinion~.
Message 69 of 128 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1938 posts

May 26, 2013
I want to see a modern combat game on the Vita. Now, I've never played Modern Combat, but if it is as good as the reviews say it is, I'm sure gameloft could make a GREAT version for the Vita.
Message 70 of 128 (130 Views)
0 Likes