Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2012
By: PhaseFavor Lombax Warrior 166 posts

Does Jeff Rubenstein make the Minis?

6 replies 117 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

On podcast Beyond the hosts always say that Jeff Rubenstein, Social Media Manager for Sony Computer Entertainment of America, makes the PS Minis. By "make" do they mean he ports them over to the PS store? 

Message 1 of 7 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: Does Jeff Rubenstein make the Minis?

Oct 26, 2012
No. Developers are the ones that do that.
Message 2 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Oct 26, 2012

So what does podcast Beyond beyond mean by Jeff making the minis? Is it a big joke or something? He obviously doesn't create the games from scratch. It would make sence if he just added them to the PS store or if he did minor programing like making the pause menus and writing the descriptions on the PS store.

Message 3 of 7 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Even if what you're stating was the case, he still wouldn't be making the minis, so I don't get what the podcast is stating. All I can tell you is that I'm pretty sure no developer is giving anyone any rights to their content, whether it be to edit or contribute by programming little things for them. The developers do the work, they retain full control of their content, and the minis keep coming.
Message 4 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Oct 27, 2012

lmfao its just a running joke on beyond. no he doesnt make the minis. Jeff is actually in on the joke. 

Message 5 of 7 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
166 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Richard919 wrote:

lmfao its just a running joke on beyond. no he doesnt make the minis. Jeff is actually in on the joke. 

Thanks. i thought that might be the case. Its just that I've listened to every episode of Beyond and have heard Greg say that so many times; basically every time Jeff is brought up. I don't remember them saying its a joke at any point but im sure i just missed it or forgot about it. 

Message 6 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Oct 27, 2012

PhaseFavor wrote:

Richard919 wrote:

Thanks. i thought that might be the case. Its just that I've listened to every episode of Beyond and have heard Greg say that so many times; basically every time Jeff is brought up. I don't remember them saying its a joke at any point but im sure i just missed it or forgot about it. 

youre welcome! Ive listened to every episode as well and im not sure the exact episode but it has been explained.  I laugh every time they say it haha. 

Message 7 of 7 (71 Views)
0 Likes