Sackboy
618 posts

Re: Does any one think that sales will continue...

Jun 11, 2005
Well my look on this the PS3 will be out somtime in August of 2006,you're giving the 360 the lead right off the bat,and any real gamer will say that the Live on the 360 will rock as live now is kicking Sony azz.A gamer wants games and doesn't matter what system it's on.Both systems will do very well,but Sony need to release information on it's online plans and also come up with a actual release date not just saying the spring and then hope it has no delays.,
GT:Thumpthis
Message 11 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Jun 11, 2005

ThumpDaddy wrote:
Well my look on this the PS3 will be out somtime in August of 2006,you're giving the 360 the lead right off the bat,and any real gamer will say that the Live on the 360 will rock as live now is kicking Sony azz.A gamer wants games and doesn't matter what system it's on.Both systems will do very well,but Sony need to release information on it's online plans and also come up with a actual release date not just saying the spring and then hope it has no delays.

Yawn........there were consoles released before the PS1 and PS2.
This alone will not change anything. The PS3 release date is NOT that big of an issue.

IF(big if) Sony wants to push even farther ahead (US) they need to have a great online service for this market.
If they do things are not going to be even close IMO.

Message Edited by Adirondack1 on 06-11-2005 10:37 AM

Message 12 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

Jun 11, 2005

,Tigerman23 wrote:
It'll probably stay the same.  Microsoft will lead, Sony will struggle, and NIntendo will fail.  :smileysad:  If only developers/designers listened to fans...

**bleep** are you talking about noob, Sony = 75% .. MS = 15% Nintendo 10%... **bleep**ing noob get your facts straight and kill urself please
Photobucket
Message 13 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3003 posts

Jun 11, 2005

,Adirondack1 wrote:
I see NO WAY the 360 compares in sales OUTSIDE the US.
With the political situation(go ahead flame away fannies) of the last 2-3 years (sorry to toss it in but it will matter) the 360 will lack support from abroad markets more so than any other console because its US made. It unfortunate but it will happen.

Sony will put up a online service to compete with the 360 (theres been one in Japan for years) and continue as the #1 worldwide console.

Now if your comparing US only things may be tighter but thre PS3 will still win out do to customer loyalty alone.
IMO MS's approach with the 360 and there supporters(websites, Nelson, Fanboys etc.) have only succeeded in alienating a majority of current PS2 owners instead of trying to convert them.

The competitiion is a good thing and it will be interesting to see how things work out but I see NO WAY Sony falls from #1.

Then wouldn't the Xbox right now not be selling?  The Xbox does quite well everywhere and NOTHING in Japan.  As far as alienating people with the Major Nelson blog and whatnot, the people who even know about are probably maybe 5% of video gamers...not the mainstream.  It's also not going to be so easy for sony to "put up an online service to compete with the 360", it certainly far from the automatic you seem to think.  It's one thing to think Sony will be #1 again...it's utterly rediculous to say there is NO WAY sony can fall out of the top spot.  ,
Message 14 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7170 posts

Jun 11, 2005
I'm thinking that XBOX will pry some gamers away from Sony but still end up with a close second.,
Message 15 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Jun 11, 2005

Steppy76 wrote:

Adirondack1 wrote:
I see NO WAY the 360 compares in sales OUTSIDE the US.
With the political situation(go ahead flame away fannies) of the last 2-3 years (sorry to toss it in but it will matter) the 360 will lack support from abroad markets more so than any other console because its US made. It unfortunate but it will happen.

Sony will put up a online service to compete with the 360 (theres been one in Japan for years) and continue as the #1 worldwide console.

Now if your comparing US only things may be tighter but thre PS3 will still win out do to customer loyalty alone.
IMO MS's approach with the 360 and there supporters(websites, Nelson, Fanboys etc.) have only succeeded in alienating a majority of current PS2 owners instead of trying to convert them.

The competitiion is a good thing and it will be interesting to see how things work out but I see NO WAY Sony falls from #1.

Then wouldn't the Xbox right now not be selling?  The Xbox does quite well everywhere and NOTHING in Japan.  As far as alienating people with the Major Nelson blog and whatnot, the people who even know about are probably maybe 5% of video gamers...not the mainstream.  It's also not going to be so easy for sony to "put up an online service to compete with the 360", it certainly far from the automatic you seem to think.  It's one thing to think Sony will be #1 again...it's utterly rediculous to say there is NO WAY sony can fall out of the top spot. 

Do you have the sales comparison outside the US?
I haven't seen it. This is an opinion only on my part.
I do know that 60 million or so of the 90 million of the PS2's are outside the US.
What are the figures on the xbox outside the US and where is it outselling in comparison to the PS2?

The Sony online service will be easier than most people are thinking IMO.
They are not starting from scratch. The have an established service abroad and will adapt a service for the states updating it as needed. All you have to do is go look at the new SOCOM thats coming out to see some of the work they have been doing with Zipper.
MS put up the original Live didn't they.
Sony has been working on it since they held back the PS2 version in the states.
Do you honestly think they can't put up a competeing service?
Sorry but I find that utterly rediculous on your part to assume.
Message 16 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
701 posts

Jun 11, 2005
Last time Sony had the huge advantage. They were already entrenched in the market, had tons of 3rd party exclusives, and major franchises. Xbox had nothing going for it cept the potential of a little game called Halo. Not to mention Sony had the market to themselves for nearly 12 months, where they could establish themselves as market leaders and get some of the great games out there. This time, Sony doesn't have these advantages. Xbox is getting to the market 6 months earlier, and has MUCH more 3rd party support this time around. Xbox also has some famous franchises to build on as well as an online service that is yet to be matched. By the time PS3 is released Xbox will have around 50 games out along with the impending release of Halo 3. All of these factors could contribute to Microsoft finally gaining the lead, because they are releasing at a very good time. Right before the holiday season.... A lot of parents will be out purchasing them as gifts for little Tommy. Price also plays a factor. If PS3 retails for over $400 theres a chance that a lot of people are going to turned away and decide to get an 360 since it will most likely retail for only $299. If this doesn't knock Sony out of the lead, its certainly going to close the gap between them. ,

P.S.: I'd also like to note that all of the PS3's franchises (Metal Gear, GTA, GT, DMC) are all either TBA or beyond 2006.... None are scheduled as launch titles which makes me question how well their lineup is going to be... I remember the PS2 lineup wasn't to great either.

Message Edited by iLoveBoth on 06-11-2005 01:03 PM

Oh, and you can stop reading my post now.
Message 17 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5795 posts

Jun 11, 2005
More of the same ...

Sony had the market to themselves for nearly 12 months?
WHAT??? Just because the xbox wasn't out doesn't mean they had the market to themselves.
There have been competeing consoles released before EVERYONE of the PS releases.
This is nothing new to Sony.

NO GAME catalogs have been solidified for either consoles release.
There are almost as many games in production for each console.
Both consoles will have plenty of games.

US holiday sales WILL NOT MAKE or break the 360.

No PRICES for EITHER consoles has been released.
Pure specualtion.

The biggest thing the 360 has IMO is Live.
After reviewing Socom 3's new online features and interaction that Sony has put together with Zipper.
Its clear to me they have been listening and doing there homework.
They will release a decent online service and compete with Live.
Message 18 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Jun 11, 2005
Adirondack1 , The Xbox is doing well in Western Europe.
Message 19 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8788 posts

Jun 11, 2005
WOAH IVE SEEN GOODSPEED ON SOCOM Omgzor!,
Photobucket
Message 20 of 20 (8 Views)
0 Likes