Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
25 posts

Re: Does anyone use a ps2 anymore?

Jan 28, 2013

I use my PS2. its still my all time favorite system!

The games that came out for it were wonderful!

Xenosaga series, Kingdom hearts, final fantasy. I love the ps2

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 9, 2013

Still play my PS2 everyday. Usually Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3. Was gonna get the HD collection until I found out the music was taken out. Dragon Quest 8 is another reason to keep the PS2. Hopefully these amazing games will be released on PSN but from what I hear it's very unlikely. Too bad too cause those are my favorite PS2 games.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 35 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 9, 2013

I would really like to use my Tosca Race Driver 3 on my PS2 but I can't. The game won't use the "Bonus Code" we've used for years and when I contacted Codemasters they told me bonus codes are no longer available due to age of game.

This is really terrible and I feel Codemasters have let customers down - we didn't know there was a limited lifespan on the game we purchased in good faith. Any ideas ? If anyone knows of any other game which covers British Race Circuits like this one - would be very grateful.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 35 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 11, 2013

i have a playstation 2 but hoping to get a playstation 3 for christmas 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 35 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

I've spent the last 3 days home after eye surgery and had the greatest time .... no, not with my PS 3 but with my PS 2  ... I can't understand Sony . Those who love games should know there are just a ton of varied and different reasons to buy disks. I don't want to actually know how to fly a chopper after 200 hours of simulator grief ... I don't want to fight off 40 jungle solders with 20 bullets and a rusty melee weapon ...  I love the artwork, I love to watch the entire story like a movie, I paid for it's use and I want to see the conclusion of the story and all 16 crazy endings ... that's why I play. So whats my point ? I can only do all that on my PS2  thanks to Gameshark, Action Replay, Codebreaker, and Pelican disks ... Ok, no argument on why all console makers hate these companies . Good, be that way ....   but put the **bleep** 'cracks' within the purchased game ... and no, not after 3 playthroughs on  'incredibly hard' ... my God I'm buying the products for you ...  must I actually use them only as you demand ? It's like buying a new Sports car only to learn I must never cruise the boulevard at any speed less than 80,  or buy a steak at a grocery store that must only be eaten after proof of purchase of  some expensive vintage wine.

The PS2  created cheat disks were wonderful for what the intent of a player is ... so I am not the best at games ... so I'm forever  cursed to keep buying ... oh yea, they like me to do that ... but only to remind me I will never get to see anything but the first hour or so ... becvause even the game producers won't put the 'cracks' or a debug level in just for we players with tons of other reasons for buying and playing games ... go figger is my only final comment  plus a question ... Wouldn't any of us as the creator or part of a game's production team enjoy knowing that all have seen the entire wonderful creation  aside from  'just beating' the game ?   Heck, you would think even the staffs would want to let ALL  players see thier new baby boy ... either by the included cracks or on plain skill alone ....  What other product in the world excludes or limits it's own full use and enjoyment ... and AFTER a full and legal dollar sale ... And as a retired businessman I even laugh at these game companies who are missing an extra chance for even more profit .... I can't be the only one who would gladly buy a $59 game AND the optional $12  CRACK disk produced by the same maker of the game ... No insult to real gamers, more profit to the game producers, I'm happy, you professionals are not outraged, gamemaker laughs all the way to the bank, etc etc ...  They could save the need for a separate optional disk by putting the same game out for an extra $10 that includes the "ENJOY THE COMPLETE LABOR OF LOVE "  mode  that includes total God mode ,all weapons, ... exactly as the old cheat disks had .... Even the hard core pros in here might not realize that they may have a quick kill talent for final bosses that  didn't make you hang around all enough (as you can in invulnerable mode) to let you learn of even more secret rooms and other endings ... so even the Rambo skilled player might not know about one or two other endings in thier disks .... I stare at a stack of PS3 disks in the corner .... fully purchased ... and like a book with pages missing , must only wonder at what the beautiful but unseen artwork and final plotline ....  was ....

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 35 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Feb 18, 2013
Oh yes! I still spend loads of time on my PS2. Good times last forever.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 35 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Yes, and we have a couple original Playstations running too! My kids love both. My oldest daughter is a Sly and Ratchet and Clank fan and thinks the newer versions suck. lol.

Den
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 35 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

i still have my PS2 out in the open, i rarely play it though. i tried to start up a new game of Soul Nomad & the World Eaters, got distracted, started a new game of Persona 4 after i finished Persona 4 Arena. i tried to start a new game of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne when i bought a copy i found at a store. it looked lonely and out of place, between those obsolete sports titles in filler cases.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 35 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1587 posts

Feb 27, 2013

I still use my PS2, although I might need to consider getting a new A/V cable because the old one does not work anymore. Also, assuming that most PS2 games, consoles and accessories are still selling on most stores on the internet, including GameStop, I'm pretty sure the PS2 will still be around.

photo metakraken_redbull_final_500_zps9ce1f6ed.png

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4165 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Once in a while. If I could get a better arrangement going for my 'gaming area' then I probably would, but my PS2 is under several wires and cords.. and dust.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 35 (59 Views)
0 Likes