Sep 05 2013
By: ColtsFanatic86 Lombax Warrior 228 posts

Don't understand the complaints about Madden 25, I love it.

38 replies 520 views Edited Sep 5, 2013
I just dont get why ppl are saying Madden 25 sucks. alot of ppl are complaning about graphics but for current gen u gotta understand its maxed out. Which is why I decided to wait to get maden until I get my PS4 on launch nite. I went to go play it at my local best buy, an I was amazed at the things that now make this a true football simulation game. The blocking is realistic, the improved running game is legit, the defensive AI is realistic. The presentation is good. All the little things that count are right in this games its awesome, i cant wait to play it on PS4 I might even pop in madden before 2K14.
Message 1 of 39 (520 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: Don't understand the complaints about Madden 25, I love it.

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

Graphics have zero to do with it. The game has been trash for years, same legacy madden issues that never get fixed. Poor animations, AI. DB's are stillr etards, same plays over and over can exploit the AI. Play MLB the show then madden, it's like comparing an artist to an amateur painter.

The fact that you say the defensive Ai is realistic is laughable at best. People want Sim football not a bad arcade/sim hybrid crap that is great at nothing.

The presentation has also been terrible for years.

Message 2 of 39 (513 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Sep 5, 2013

blocking AI is subpar, limited tackling animation ...you play a week and youll see 95% of the animation, not to mention the limited commentary, which...in a week itll sound on repeat...blowing up franchise mode and never putting it back properly

and these are a few of my faaaavorite things

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 3 of 39 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 5, 2013
@mastorofpuppetz How long have I been playing Madden, its not gonna be perfect. If it was so realistic it was perfect you would not score a single point. As far as the AI being exploited, u do know that happens in real football. U win by exploting the defenses weakness. I see no major problem with the blocking. Commentary is repetative but, what do u expect they can only say so much. If u dont likr it dont buy it, u say its been wack for years yet u bought it. IDK play on all-Madden. Ill enjoy Madden this Year On Next- Gen.
Message 4 of 39 (477 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Sep 5, 2013

here's what i dont get about madden, or any sports title.  Why not let me move my solo carreer mode skills & stats to subsequent titles? is there a tech problem that prevents that.  I mean like mass effect but my attributes and stats move to the next itteration of the game.

Message 5 of 39 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Sep 5, 2013

The Madden Franchise has sucked for at least 10 years now... There hasn't been any real game breaking innovation or improvements in a looooong time.

Why would they when they own the rights to the NFL so they can pump out the same overpriced mediocre crap every year?  

Remember back in 2000-2005 there was a competitor to Madden... the NFL2K series.

For those who are unaware, NFL2K was superior in every way. Much better graphics, more gameplay features, better customization, and overall vastly improved quality over Madden... AND it was $30 cheaper!!  

That's right - Madden was $50 each yearly title, while NFL2K was $20 each yearly title....

So Instead of trying to actually improve the quality of Madden, EA instead spent MILLIONS to buy up the rights to the NFL - The result = They haven't had to innovate or improve Madden at all since 2005... and now it's $60 a year unless I'm mistaken.  

So I can definitely understand the hate... NFL football games died in 2005 when EA bought the rights. We likely won't ever see a quality football game again.

Message 6 of 39 (466 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3602 posts

Sep 5, 2013

This years Madden is not perfect but it's the best one in years and has the feel of the Madden games that made the series great. I have to agree with the OP. Play the game and have fun!

Message 7 of 39 (465 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Sep 5, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:

here's what i dont get about madden, or any sports title.  Why not let me move my solo carreer mode skills & stats to subsequent titles? is there a tech problem that prevents that.  I mean like mass effect but my attributes and stats move to the next itteration of the game.

Generally speaking, from year-to-year on a sports game, the way the game is played, the stats are tracked, and the inner mechanics of the game change routinely.  As a result, a character and their attributes in one year's version of the game wouldn't be directly "mappable" to the next year's version of the game.  With sports games, there isn't a great deal that you can change since the basic rules and regulations don't change.  So the developers will typically make adjustments to the attributes of the players, the physics of the game, the AI, etc.  Much of these little changes require direct ties to the stats/attributes of the players so the end result is that the definitions in one year's version won't work with the next year's version.

Message 8 of 39 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

A few nights ago I was playing Madden '93, on Sega Genesis, with my brother and his friend.

We had fun, sure, but I'd much rather play Madden '13 now. It has nothing to do with graphics. I just feel like I have more control over my team.

I didn't play a Madden game from '95 till '07.

Instead, I enjoyed GameDay '98 (PS1) and NFL 2K (Sega Saturn) between that time.

But, when I played Madden again in '07 (PS3) I still wasn't impressed, so I skipped it yet again until Madden '11.

Since then, I've been hooked. (mostly because of MUT.)

Madden (or any football game) is best enjoyed when playing with friends / family -- People you know.

Otherwise, of course you will get matched up with strangers who like to exploit crap online.

I know I will eventually pick up Madden 25 for PS4. This ignite engine has me interested.

It's a nice new step in the evolution of Madden.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 9 of 39 (443 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Sep 5, 2013

bring back NFL 2K!

Message 10 of 39 (427 Views)
0 Likes