Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Re: Don't understand the complaints about Madden 25, I love it.

Sep 5, 2013

why get madden when you can play MLB The Show 13? So much freaking better and fun

Message 11 of 39 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4264 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

EASTC0AST_GH05T wrote:

bring back NFL 2K!

That would be nice.

It honestly stinks that Madden is the only official NFL game.

Unlike 10-15 years ago, where the NFL didn't care (as long as you paid) and there could be 3-4 NFL licensed games on the market.

Now it appears they just want it all under one roof, in 1 game...

Sadly, MLB may be going that way.

Last I heard, MLB The Show is the only officially licensed MLB game right now. 2K lost the license.

So, it's looking like "MLB 14: The Show" could be the only one on the market next year.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 39 (168 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12706 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Well that's not bad. MLB the show is the better of the two anyway
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 39 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Sep 5, 2013
Mlb only on ps4 also :smileyhappy:

Suck it microshaft!
Message 14 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26175 posts

Sep 5, 2013

People are complaing because big bad Electronic Arts has an exclusive deal with the NFL, and they won't be "swell guys" and share. That's the only reason. The game itself is secondary. Football is football. Unless you have a major rules change, expansion or contraction, realignment, or franchise relocation, there's not much you can really do. You already have franchise modes, fantasy and coaching modes. I imagine that most players aren't creative enough to draw up their own plays, and if they did they probably wouldn't work very well, so a custom playbook is out.

Message 15 of 39 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

People are complaing because big bad Electronic Arts has an exclusive deal with the NFL, and they won't be "swell guys" and share. That's the only reason. The game itself is secondary. Football is football. Unless you have a major rules change, expansion or contraction, realignment, or franchise relocation, there's not much you can really do. You already have franchise modes, fantasy and coaching modes. I imagine that most players aren't creative enough to draw up their own plays, and if they did they probably wouldn't work very well, so a custom playbook is out.

Sorry but no... The NFL2K series was better in every concievable way. From graphics, AI, controls, additional game content, EVERYTHING was superior.  PLUS it was $30 cheaper!!!!!    Since EA bought the rights to the NFL the Madden Franchise has undergone only the most minor of improvements.   

All this talk of football games makes me wish my PS2 still worked so I could play some NFL2K5... I would bet that NFL2K5 is STILL to this very day better than the latest Madden release in terms of gameplay and content.   Yet Madden is STILL overpriced at $60 each year!!    

I actually feel sorry for football fans who have no other option these days than Madden.  Most of them simply don't know what a "good" football game is like. :smileysad:

Message 16 of 39 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12018 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

WTH? Yes take out a feature that sounds cool because bad logic is always best logic 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 17 of 39 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26175 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Crazy-MoFo-024 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Sorry but no... The NFL2K series was better in every concievable way. From graphics, AI, controls, additional game content, EVERYTHING was superior.  PLUS it was $30 cheaper!!!!!    Since EA bought the rights to the NFL the Madden Franchise has undergone only the most minor of improvements.   

All this talk of football games makes me wish my PS2 still worked so I could play some NFL2K5... I would bet that NFL2K5 is STILL to this very day better than the latest Madden release in terms of gameplay and content.   Yet Madden is STILL overpriced at $60 each year!!    

I actually feel sorry for football fans who have no other option than Madden, so they actually think it's "good"

And why do people still have such a yearning for 2K? Because the big, meanie, greedy, poopie head corporation EA won't play nice. That's all it is. And for the record, EA didn't "buy the rights", the NFL offered up exclusivity, and if someone made you that offer, you'd take it in a heartbeat.

I admit, 2K was good, very good, but the only reason it was cheaper was so they could get a foothold in the market. They weren't being swell guys, or bringing games to the masses. It was all about market share.

Message 18 of 39 (131 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26175 posts

Sep 5, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

WTH? Yes take out a feature that sounds cool because retarded logic is always best logic 

Dude, unless you're a coach or a die hard X's and O's guy, I don't think this would be a good feature to have. I'm not talking about taking plays out of existing playbooks, I'm talking about building your own from the ground up, and it's a more complex process than I think can be adequately enabled in a game.

Message 19 of 39 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12018 posts

Sep 5, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

WTH? Yes take out a feature that sounds cool because retarded logic is always best logic 

Dude, unless you're a coach or a die hard X's and O's guy, I don't think this would be a good feature to have. I'm not talking about taking plays out of existing playbooks, I'm talking about building your own from the ground up, and it's a more complex process than I think can be adequately enabled in a game.

I see it as this

Simplified mode for the casuals

Advanced mode for the die hards 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 20 of 39 (121 Views)
0 Likes