Nov 29 1999
By: edris~old First Son 1 posts

Dreamcast Vs PSX/PSX2

2 replies 306 views Edited Nov 29, 1999
First of all, let me say that this post is not favoring either system. It seems that everyone in this news group is stuck on comparing and trashing these competing systems. I own the current three systems, N64, PSX, and Dreamcast. The Dreamcast is very impressive, and of course has a faster engine than the PSX 1, however, the hardware specs for the PSX2, if at all true, will definately role over the DC. However, that doesn't matter. It's the developers and games that will make the system fly. So far, the DC has NFL2K and Soul Caliber going for it. These games in my opinion are major leaps in the gaming industry. If DC continues releasing games like this it may do well or even keep up with the PSX2. It seems that the PSX2 has much more support from developers, but that is yet to be seen. My point here is the N64 has a faster processor and better graphics engine than the PSX. This is a known fact, however, the PSX did much better because of the great gameplay and variety it offered, not because of what was "Under the hood" so-to-speak. So may the best gaming system win.
Message 1 of 3 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

RE: Dreamcast Vs PSX/PSX2

Nov 29, 1999
Namco is the company responsible for Soul Caliber. They made a recent announcement that all their projects for the Dreamcast have been abandoned in favor of the Playstation 2, if you need the article I think I can dig it up for you.
Message 2 of 3 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

RE: Dreamcast Vs PSX/PSX2

Nov 30, 1999
I would like very much for you to dig this article up. I know I would like to see it.
Message 3 of 3 (306 Views)
0 Likes