Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3063 posts

Re: Dual Shock 4 - No Analog Buttons, opinions ??

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

This issue was that hardley any developers were NOT using the analog-button face feature in their games. If I am not mistake then trigger buttons will remain analog.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 41 (518 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

MrHandsss wrote:

Hate it. Why? Well, I LOVE playing Grand Theft Auto on playstation. I got used to playing it on playstation and didn't want to switch how I had been playing it for years. The ps2 games' default controls made use of the pressure sensitive X for the gas. As soon as I got GTA IV and then the episodes this gen, the first thing I did was switch to classic controls and that will be the first thing I do for GTA V unless that no longer gives me the option. 

Guess next gen GTA I'm going to have to use controls that feel awkward to me.

exactly, can SONY give us a choice like with the analogue button for the sticks on the DS1 and 2 or can they keep the face buttons analog (or even just 2 of them if that is easier, X being one) and make the L1/R1 digital (im sure no one has a problem with them going digital)

Okay, so if the DS4 has digital face buttons and you are wanting to play a classic over say Gaikai, then I would guess it will come down to if the "Classic PS/PS2" game supports changing controls around. Then you could move say "X button" to "Right Stick" or perhaps one of the triggers or bumper pads if they are analog.

Otherwise, I think they would have to do something similar to what they do on Vita, where you touch the screen and can choose to make it control either with D-pad or Left stick. I think it also allows for some button arrangements.

Though I don't know if this is just some generic copy paste thing, or if this is something that they have to go in and code. If it's a copy/paste thing then I can see them doing it, but if it's time coding then probably not without charging to make up for the hours lost that they could be working on something else.

Sorry, I couldn't give you more than speculation.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 41 (515 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

Jul 4, 2013
a lot of pPS1 and PS2 and even some PS3 classics that use analog buttons probably wont work with the PS4's digital buttons.

not a lot of devs made use of the analog buttons but some did - the analog buttons allow a higher number of actions to be preformed in games - examples = mgs games.

why not keep the analog face buttons, it doesnt hurt, if anything it makes options better for games which is a win.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 41 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Has it been confirmed that the DS4 won't have analogue buttons?

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 41 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Jul 4, 2013

fortune_exe wrote:

According to this article. Yes.

"With the DualShock 4, you can expect enhanced dual vibration, lower latency, and a reduced dead zone when compared to the DualShock 3. Because only a few developers actually used the analog buttons, Sony has made the face and L1/R1 buttons on the DS4 digital, while also allowing the controller to charge when the PS4 is in standby mode."

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 41 (483 Views)
Fender Bender
3856 posts

Jul 4, 2013
The thing is, even if you got your way, you would find something else to complain about.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 41 (478 Views)
Survivor
2668 posts

Jul 4, 2013

JASONxxVOORHEES wrote:
The thing is, even if you got your way, you would find something else to complain about.

What would that be, the PS4 should be free ??

if you are not going to be constructive you know where the door is, dont you

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 41 (466 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Sony won't give you that kind of choice but 3rd party controllers might. We dont really know much about the controller and only the people who got to gets a hands on feel at E3 would know. I dont know anyone on the forums who went to E3 but if there are some members maybe they can give us some input on the controller :smileyhappy:

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 41 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3162 posts

Jul 4, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

fortune_exe wrote:

According to this article. Yes.

"With the DualShock 4, you can expect enhanced dual vibration, lower latency, and a reduced dead zone when compared to the DualShock 3. Because only a few developers actually used the analog buttons, Sony has made the face and L1/R1 buttons on the DS4 digital, while also allowing the controller to charge when the PS4 is in standby mode."

But the triggers are L2/R2 the shoulder button are L1/R1 and looking at the article it does not say anything about the triggers changing, so it appears as those will remain analog. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 41 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Using the R2 for Gas or whatever... Should be in a Driving Game, not X...

Because if you can develop the R2 Button to work as a Realistic Gas Peddle... It would look much better
then using X which is just a Button... And same goes for Firing a Gun...

But the thing is, when you switch these around, you end up with other Buttons Swopped around, too...
which I dun like...

There for I always use the Classic Button Maps for myself, too...
However, i'm quite used to both the X-Box & Playstation Controllers, I have no Problem with either layout...

I'm sure those who aren't used to the Controls, if Sony doesn't give an Option, then i'm sure you'll get used to them eventually...

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 41 (441 Views)
0 Likes