Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 25 2013
By: gamevader28 Hekseville Citizen 336 posts

DualShock 4 Controller Lightbar Concern?

7 replies 322 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

My concern with the DualShock 4 controller lightbar is I am wondering if I will be able to turn that light off?

Since I use a plasma TV (glass), any light pointed at the screen will reflect. If I look hard enough (when the screen is mostly one color), I can see the small red light reflection from the DualShock 3.

Of course, the lightbar is a significantly larger light source. I hope we can turn the light off or it fades away after a few minutes.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (322 Views)
Wastelander
684 posts

Re: DualShock 4 Controller Lightbar Concern?

Apr 25, 2013

personally i dont think the light will produce that much of a reflection.  I do understand your concern but, with the action that will be on the screen, I doubt you would see your controller.  The only time you may see a reflection is during black screens or loading, but luckily with PS4.. supposedly there is minimal or very reduced loading, so those black waiting screens probably won't show that often.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8252 posts

Apr 25, 2013

good point OP.

Maybe just tape over it with electrical tape, it would not make sense if it was required for all games, I think its main purpose will be to fill in for the move when you using the DS4, and switching viewing positions when you change seats when playing splitscreen.

tape it up!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (303 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2396 posts

Apr 25, 2013
I hope there's an option to turn it off, I could see it distracting me.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I thought about tape but it might be hassle to put it on/off for games that require the lightbar.

My hope is there will be an option to turn the light off especially if I am the only one playing in the room.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I think the lights do look cool. I am not sure if it will be distracting or not because  I have not seen it up close yet. I can't to try it out! 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I think you need to watch the official YouTube vid on DS4 because the dialog wich occurs at :56 makes it sound to me that you would not want to block the lightbar in any manner.

Currently playing Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

60GB Fat OFW 4.50
250GB SuperSlim OFW 4.50
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 27, 2013

i can definitely see this being a distraction for me..and this will be useless for most games,just something to give more hype to a controller...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (212 Views)
0 Likes