May 25 2013
By: Madducky Lombax Warrior 199 posts
Accepted Solution

Dumb PS Vita questions about ps1 games.

[ Edited ]
7 replies 176 views Edited May 25, 2013

First, I know that I should feel silly for even asking but I just have to know..............

In the PSN store it has been listing a lot of JRPGs, Mahjong games, etc lately. Some like the MEGA MAN ones say that they are direct ports, with no English. Others like Evergreen Avenue, for example, do not say that. Have they been localized? If so, I'd love to try Favorite Dear, Motto Trump, Oz no Mahoutsujai ~Another World~ RungRung, and some other wacky looking titles?

I don't want to gamble my 5 or six bucks on being stuck in a JRPG that I can't figure out.

And, where the heck is Crash Bandicoot, and Castlevania Chronicles, TWO of my fav ps1 games that have yet to make it to PS Vita market?

Lastly why are they called Classics? Some are good, some are shovelware, and a very few actual gems rise to the surface of the ps1 pile.

One lasrt thing. How can I pull up a list of my previous posts, I can't find out how to see them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Banned for getting my account hacked!
. . . . . . .
Banned for asking why in the forums!
Message 1 of 8 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: Dumb PS Vita questions about ps1 games.

May 25, 2013
i cant confirm because i haven't bought them, BUT, they wouldn't release japanese games into an english market without translating. ALSO Gung Ho published them, and they specialize in localizing (and translating) games from Japan
Message 2 of 8 (151 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

May 25, 2013
and they are generically called classics because their old, and they are the select few.
Message 3 of 8 (151 Views)
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

May 25, 2013

Occhi07 wrote:
i cant confirm because i haven't bought them, BUT, they wouldn't release japanese games into an english market without translating. ALSO Gung Ho published them, and they specialize in localizing (and translating) games from Japan

Actually they've recently brought games over from japan that havent been translated:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/09/gungho-spring-classics-six-more-psone-imports/

Message 4 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

May 25, 2013
All the PSOne Classics that Gung Ho puts on the PSV PSN store are untranslated games. They are pretty worthless, if you ask me, as nobody's going to play a game they can't understand. JRPGs being games that are intensive on text, it's pointless to put that stuff up but hey...their call~.
Message 5 of 8 (141 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

[ Edited ]
May 26, 2013

I can understand fighters, shooters, etc. but WHY would you bring JRPG's and Mahjong? Reading the descriptions you'd think thay they are playable?!!?!?!?

Let's get Twinbee or more TGX games then.

. . . . . . .
Message 6 of 8 (127 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7106 posts

May 27, 2013

I really think they need a clear label of games that are not in English.  People assume they are because they're in the US (NA) store, but the store itself does little to point it out; you have to look at screenshots or know what you're getting into to figure it out.  This is a good thing to do of course, but Sony shouldn't assume that everyone uses outside resources and researches before purchasing.  They should make it as easy as possible to figure out, especially when it's so important (for a JRPG).

Message 7 of 8 (95 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

May 27, 2013

I agree Jerm.

Some games say that they are in Japanese, most do not.

. . . . . . .
Message 8 of 8 (75 Views)
0 Likes