I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Re: Dumb thought on anti-aliasing

Jun 28, 2005
It's not just EDRAM!  Why don't you understand this... google is your friend... google for Xenos articals... SPEs are worthless for some things... they are awsome for streaming media though... like sound and video.. but not so good for branchy things like physics and AI...
Message 11 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4173 posts

Jun 28, 2005
dude it is a fact that 4x antialiaing will not get rid of all jaggies.  it would take abote 8-12x to do that.  nvidia is using some different methods to work on that.  so J. Allard(M$) statement that jaggies are gone forever is not true in any since, but it was a nice thought though.,
Message 12 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
4XFSAA is free... that doesn't limit the devs from doing more than that...
Message 13 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4451 posts

Jun 28, 2005

,Cueil wrote:
It's not just EDRAM!  Why don't you understand this... google is your friend... google for Xenos articals... SPEs are worthless for some things... they are awsome for streaming media though... like sound and video.. but not so good for branchy things like physics and AI...

Not good for physics???  Are you nuts?  Those things are intense math capable, which will make them excellent for physics.  I know you read an article which went saying "physics=collision detection=a lot of branches".  I think they over-simplified physics.  That article only touched on one aspect, and according to the same article, these "In Order" processors aren't good at branching at all.  The SPEs are going to make physics intensive games rock on the PS3.
Message 14 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
SPEs are s0xx0r for branchy code... they can handle physics using multipul SPEs and branch prediction methods, but that's allot of added development time... it is likely that some of the physics will be on the PPE and some on the code will run on the SPEs... Epic already figured some of this out though... they are crazy good at coding so whatever why they figure out how to do it is probably the way most will do it.
Message 15 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1282 posts

Jun 28, 2005
I'm starting to think Cueil is on the wrong forum.  The way he,goes on about how Xenos is the greatest GPU ever created in the history of,mankind.  Odd talk for a Playstation forum, wouldn't you say?
,I'll ask again, Cueil: How you you know what RSX will or won't do?  WE DON'T HAVE THE SPECS.  And neither do YOU.

Message Edited by Jedi2016 on 06-27-2005 05:50 PM

Message 16 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
we have a general idea of what the graphics is going to be... it could change, but it's likely based on teh G70 and not a completely redesigned GPU.  As for the Xenos I just can't stand people who say stuff like "sony can just put on edram" like it would help the RSX to just throw on edram without it being made for the edram or the fact that the Xenos only has "edram" wich is entirely not true.  Most hardware sites are stating as of right now the Xenos is probably going to be the better GPU... the design of the thing is awsome and if Cell gets you excited then the Xenos should get you excited,
Message 17 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Jun 28, 2005

Cueil wrote:
we have a general idea of,what the graphics is going to be... it could change, but it's likely,based on teh G70 and not a completely redesigned GPU.  As for the,Xenos I just can't stand people who say stuff like "sony can just put,on edram" like it would help the RSX to just throw on edram without it,being made for the edram or the fact that the Xenos only has "edram",wich is entirely not true.  Most hardware sites are stating as of,right now the Xenos is probably going to be the better GPU... the,design of the thing is awsome and if Cell gets you excited then the,Xenos should get you excited

You don't have a clue what your talking about.
,You're just blabbering out things you've read on the net. For 1, the PS3 is not using a PPE.
,If you're looking for tech facts from people who actually know what their talking about go to:
,www.ps3insider.com
,This is, by far, one of the most intellegent forums i've seen on the net. Enjoy
Photobucket
Message 18 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1282 posts

Jun 28, 2005
Well, except for that part about babbling on and on about Xbox... ON A,PLAYSTATION FORUM.  If you want to chat about Xenos, go find an,Xbox forum somewhere.  Around here, we don't CARE about,Xbox.  Or Revolution.. or ANY OF IT.  Shoo.
Message 19 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1170 posts

Jun 28, 2005
All I was trying to do was clear up some people who didn't know what they where talking about... is giving information wrong in this forum?  The Xenos is a great peice of hardware just like the Cell is... you can't complain when I correct those who are not informed
Message 20 of 23 (4 Views)
0 Likes