Aug 14 2013
By: doGmaI_777 Monster Hunter 32 posts

Duplicating trophies with online save

17 replies 206 views Edited Aug 14, 2013

I've heard about a few cross play games syching trophies for both the Vita and PS3 as if a person has actually worked to get both. Wouldn't something like this be one of the things Sony wants to keep from happening?

PS4 games currently playing: DoA 5 Last Round, Diablo 3 * PS3 games currently playing: Uncharted Drake's Fortune * Vita games currently playing: Need for Speed Most Wanted, Rayman Origins
Message 1 of 18 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15327 posts

Re: Duplicating trophies with online save

Aug 14, 2013

Get both? If it requires the same action it's the same trophy, friend. PS Vita trophies are not seperate from PS3 throphies. They're all trophies regardless of the platform.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 18 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 14, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Get both? If it requires the same action it's the same trophy, friend. PS Vita trophies are not seperate from PS3 throphies. They're all trophies regardless of the platform.

He's talking about if a game has separate trophy lists, yet has cross-save functionality - you can then play it once and get two sets of trophies simply by loading a save on the opposite system, which is obviously rather lame.

Message 3 of 18 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Exactly, xClayMeow, they are basically two seperate games. Just because there is a cloud-based save file that both systems load shouldn't mean that you get two trophies for doing something once. 

Aren't trophies supposed to be some kind of rating thing? Something to compete with your friends, blah blah blah? This is a broken part of that system, and if a system is broken then it's pretty pointless.

"OOOHHHHH, I see you got all of those trophies on those two games on exactly the same day at exactly the same time."

PS4 games currently playing: DoA 5 Last Round, Diablo 3 * PS3 games currently playing: Uncharted Drake's Fortune * Vita games currently playing: Need for Speed Most Wanted, Rayman Origins
Message 4 of 18 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15327 posts

Aug 14, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

He's talking about if a game has separate trophy lists, yet has cross-save functionality - you can then play it once and get two sets of trophies simply by loading a save on the opposite system, which is obviously rather lame.

Ah, I was not aware of such a phenomenon, friend.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 5 of 18 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Aug 14, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Ah, I was not aware of such a phenomenon, friend.

The only one I'm aware of is Sly Cooper IV, but there are probably others.

Compare that to the recent release of Dragon's Crown, which has one shared list.

Message 6 of 18 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Aug 14, 2013
As a person who got a serious level bump by cross-saving, I think it's pretty awesome.

For example, I spent 5 months and a day 100%ing Stardrone Extreme Vita, then after that I just cloud-saved and 100%ed Stardrone PS3 in a minute.

I am looking to get Sly Cooper on PS3 so I can get the Vita Version (Cross-buy), Platinum the Vita Version, then autopop the PS3 trophies. Double Platinum! Smiley Very Happy

It's like, Double XP. And Double XP is awesome. Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 18 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3167 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Sound Shape does the same thing. You upload your save to the cloud, get on your other system and unlock the trophies you already got from the first system.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 8 of 18 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Aug 14, 2013
It's not really a big deal. There are hardly any games that are capable of that. I find it more annoying that people play the same game from different regions and get multiple sets of trophies.

A lot of these people with a hundred platinums are jokes anyway. If you want to see what type of gamer a person is, look at the games they've played and not how many trophies they have. There's only one game on my list that I'm ashamed of: Trine 2. But everything else I enjoyed playing. That's all that matters.
Message 9 of 18 (155 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Aug 14, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

Sound Shape does the same thing. You upload your save to the cloud, get on your other system and unlock the trophies you already got from the first system.

I actually didn't even know you could do that with Sound Shapes. It doesn't really matter though. It's so easy you can earn both sets on their own. That's what I did. That game is worth playing multiple times anyway.
Message 10 of 18 (149 Views)
0 Likes