May 08 2013
By: Dubloon7 Lombax Warrior 232 posts

EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

17 replies 266 views Edited May 8, 2013

Sixth Axis Report

According to the Sixth Axis, EU PS+ will be receiving ICO/SotC Colleciton, Demon Souls and more unannounced games.

My quip now is: With the dwindling number of quality games I LIKE and actually play i am becoming more inclined to sell all of my hard disc games when i know for a fact US PS+ IGC will be receiving the same games, sooner or later.

Soon to be expected on US PS+ IGC are:

Okami HD,

ICO/SotC,

Batman: AC,

Red Dead,

etc.

I own 2 of these listed and am now going to sell these 2 since we will eventually get these added to our IGC.

Any thoughts?

I forsee a HUGE decline in hard disc purchases since PS+ practically "gives" these "free" games away. 

Is it only me who thinks this, or do any of you agree/disagree with the PS+ IGC content qualities?

P.S.   Ever since the IGC implementation last year the quality of sales and quality of "free" IGC content has become utter garbage, IMO. IMO, Sony should do away with the IGC and just give us PAYING subscribers 75-95% discounts on games rather than "give" us these terrible $10 PSN games 2-5 years old.

P.P.S. GIVE US LAST GUARDIAN ALREADY!

Message 1 of 18 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1909 posts

Re: EU PS+ June Offerings: ICO/SotC Collection, Demons Souls+More

May 8, 2013
you have no proof those games will end up in the US IGC just because they were in Europes. However, I do hope Okami and ICO end up in the IGC
Message 2 of 18 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 8, 2013

whether or not these titles WILL be coming to US IGC is NOT the focus of the thread. what is your opinion about holding onto games when we MIGHT get these for "free"? prices of the games being "given" to us are dropping exponentially online and at retail, only exception is STILL SonyNOT competing for sales and remaining the full retail price even after 2+ years.

ok, here's my question to Sony: Why do you STILL charge full retail ($40+) for games older than 2 years when the majority of gamers who are actually interested in these said games have ALREADY PURCHASED them within the first year of their release? any gamer who actually wants to play a game so old will just look online for used prices, or steam sales. why charge so much for a game when it's smarter for the consumer to go somewhere else that's cheaper? i don't see the logic to charge so much for so long when the vast majority of gamers who want to play a specific game have already purchased it. by charging so much for old content, who are you appealing to? doesn't make sense.

i wish i could convey this message a little better and DIRECTLY TO SONY'S CEOs.

thoughts?

Message 3 of 18 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

May 8, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

whether or not these titles WILL be coming to US IGC is NOT the focus of the thread. what is your opinion about holding onto games when we MIGHT get these for "free"? prices of the games being "given" to us are dropping exponentially online and at retail, only exception is STILL SonyNOT competing for sales and remaining the full retail price even after 2+ years.

ok, here's my question to Sony: Why do you STILL charge full retail ($40+) for games older than 2 years when the majority of gamers who are actually interested in these said games have ALREADY PURCHASED them within the first year of their release? any gamer who actually wants to play a game so old will just look online for used prices, or steam sales. why charge so much for a game when it's smarter for the consumer to go somewhere else that's cheaper? i don't see the logic to charge so much for so long when the vast majority of gamers who want to play a specific game have already purchased it. by charging so much for old content, who are you appealing to? doesn't make sense.

i wish i could convey this message a little better and DIRECTLY TO SONY'S CEOs.

thoughts?

It's not Sony, it's the game's developers choice to put up a game for that price. Believe it or not, a lot of people buy digital only games, and some only have access to the internet, so putting it a particular price is a win win for them in most cases. If they already sold a ton, why not get a decent chunk of money out of the people who can only buy digital?

Message 4 of 18 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
578 posts

May 8, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

what is your opinion about holding onto games when we MIGHT get these for "free"?

Why would you sell a disc-based game on the possibility it may be released for free in the future?  The logical thing to do is keep the disc, and if it happens to be released free in the future, then sell the disc.

Message 5 of 18 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 8, 2013

@snake: The game devs have no say in the price of the product they make, in the end it's Sony. The game dev only makes profit from sales for the first 2 weeks after release, everything else goes to Sony and eveyone else (i.e. publishers, devs, manuf, etc.)

Message 6 of 18 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

May 8, 2013

@Dan: i'll sell my disc copies asap b/c once they hit PS+ no one will buy the game, so i expect to sell it before it hits so i can get some money back before the price plummits and become unsellable.

Message 7 of 18 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
163 posts

May 8, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

@Dan: i'll sell my disc copies asap b/c once they hit PS+ no one will buy the game, so i expect to sell it before it hits so i can get some money back before the price plummits and become unsellable.

Your overstating the impact of plus. Not everybody is subcribe to plus and you would easily be able to sell whatever games you plan on selling to someone who isn't suscribe to the service.

Message 8 of 18 (210 Views)
MVP Support
12621 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Dubloon7 wrote:

Sixth Axis Report

According to the Sixth Axis, EU PS+ will be receiving ICO/SotC Colleciton, Demon Souls and more unannounced games.

My quip now is: With the dwindling number of quality games I LIKE and actually play i am becoming more inclined to sell all of my hard disc games when i know for a fact US PS+ IGC will be receiving the same games, sooner or later.

Soon to be expected on US PS+ IGC are:

Okami HD,

ICO/SotC,

Batman: AC,

Red Dead,

etc.

I own 2 of these listed and am now going to sell these 2 since we will eventually get these added to our IGC.

Any thoughts?

I forsee a HUGE decline in hard disc purchases since PS+ practically "gives" these "free" games away. 

Is it only me who thinks this, or do any of you agree/disagree with the PS+ IGC content qualities?

P.S.   Ever since the IGC implementation last year the quality of sales and quality of "free" IGC content has become utter garbage, IMO. IMO, Sony should do away with the IGC and just give us PAYING subscribers 75-95% discounts on games rather than "give" us these terrible $10 PSN games 2-5 years old.

P.P.S. GIVE US LAST GUARDIAN ALREADY!

You could at least be realistic in your "demands".

You're only paying $50 a year, why would they give a 95% discount (which is basically $50 a game on newer games) on AAA titles for you?

Not to mention I'm pretty sure game devs would then just say NO to putting their game on the PS Store at that point.

They're not going to make a game available, if a bunch of people can get it for $5.

Also, as for "Terrible PSN games", that's an opinion.

Edit: Oh wait that's right. You're Dubloon, the guy who was trolling a few months back, got his forum account banned, and then made another account. Nevermind, shouldn't have wasted my time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 18 (205 Views)
Wastelander
584 posts

May 9, 2013
It's actually the publishers that set the price.

Message 10 of 18 (196 Views)
0 Likes