I bought my PS4 a long time ago, came with a COD game (which sucks) lol

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 41 of 48 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Re: Everybody buy a PS Vita!

Jul 7, 2014
Got one yeeeeaaaaah. I've had one since Black Friday '12. I'm on my second though. Broke the first one.
Message 42 of 48 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1139 posts

Re: Everybody buy a ps vita

Jul 7, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

It is? It's more powerful but what about the game library? It's a port machine with some indie games. I would not recommend buying it if you already have a Sony home console (ps3 or ps4). 

Well, I can't really play my PS3 while I'm on the bus. Or bring it with me while staying at an hotel. 

The WHOLE point of a portable console, to me, is the PORTABLE aspect of it. Of course, I can play good games on my PS3 and my PC but that's not the point. 

I personnaly bought my Vita for playing "console-type" games on the go. Keywords: "on the go". 

But then again, Sony is failling at the other part of the equation right now (console-type games) and said they'll be focusing almost exclusively on indies and smaller games, which, to me, defeat the purpose of the Vita as I already have a tablet and a phone for those type of games.

Sony had the advantage of having a portable platform capable of reproducing a console experience on the go, physical controls and all. And now, they say they want to stop producing console-like titles to rely more on the same type of content I can already get elsewhere. Wow. What a winning strategy!!!

If I had known this 2 years ago, I wouldn't have invested in a Vita.

Since I'm interested in the Ratchet & Clank collection for the Vita, I guess I'll probably buy it when it it eventually gets released over here (seriously, it's been released already in Europe, what the heck Sony? Not even a NA release date!) and then I'll probably sell my Vita once I'll be done with it.

So, if someone want to buy a Vita as a PS4 accessory to stream games to, I guess that's fine. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting a console-type mobile gaming platform to play on the go. Its future in that area is slowly going the way of the dodo.

Message 43 of 48 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9490 posts

Jul 7, 2014

I seem to forget that portability aspects because I almost never take my handheld outside my house. Everybody's just playing with their smartphones and I never see anybody with a Vita or 3DS in public. I would feel a bit awkward playing Pokemon on a full bus. 

When Vita was new, I considered buying it because of the Uncharted game among other 'console'type' games. I'm glad I didn't. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 44 of 48 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
85 posts

Jul 7, 2014
Okay thanks juan. Now who is interested in joining TaZe clan.its a cod clan.Oh and the 3ds was dominating the vita until call of duty came out for the vita.then everyone went crazy and bought the vod bundle.after cod was kzm.then borderlands . Pretty weird story
Message 45 of 48 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Jul 7, 2014

I bought a Vita just for the remote play with my PS4, which worked amazingly well.  I say "worked" because I haven't had the opportunity to play it again.    I got soured on the whole Vita thing because of the memory card.  I ddn't want  to put down another $500 for a memory card after spenind $200 for the Vita. (Sarcasm).

Message 46 of 48 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6935 posts

Jul 8, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

I seem to forget that portability aspects because I almost never take my handheld outside my house. Everybody's just playing with their smartphones and I never see anybody with a Vita or 3DS in public. I would feel a bit awkward playing Pokemon on a full bus. 

When Vita was new, I considered buying it because of the Uncharted game among other 'console'type' games. I'm glad I didn't. 

Haha, I don't. Smiley Very Happy

Message 47 of 48 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
406 posts

Jul 8, 2014

i have one, and i used to play games on it, now i watch youtube on it Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 48 (63 Views)
0 Likes