Dec 27 2013
By: JDClose First Son 4 posts

External Hard Drive help

3 replies 165 views Edited Dec 27, 2013

I've bought a 4 TB USB 3.0 Seagate hard drive, and have converted it to FAT32 partition using Seagate's Discwizard program. I have created folders 'MUSIC' 'PHOTO' 'PS3' 'PS3\UPDATE' and 'VIDEO', and it is externally powered. Computers recognize this hard drive, yet when plugged into my PS3, nothing shows up. Does anybody know of any other reasons why this may not be working on my Playstation?

Message 1 of 4 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Re: External Hard Drive help

Dec 27, 2013

Try pluging in to the 2nd slot, not the first one.

Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 27, 2013

I doubt this is it. Previously I've been using a Sandisk memory stick in that USB port, I know it works and works well. I'll try it, but I'm not expecting anything to happen. I've heard of certain ports not working for people, but I'm not sure if this is the case

Message 3 of 4 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

So I've just plugged it into both USB ports and got the same thing. I'm wondering about something though. When I changed the partition, there were standard installation files and things that were deleted. Does the PS3 require some sort of hidden start up files to run? I'm pretty sure there aren't but I'm running out of reasons why this isn't working

EDIT: I've found this in another forum  "if you formatted the drive for FAT32 , rename the drive (fat32 HD) to -> (PS3) and then this artical for folder naming" Does anybody know what this is about? Can you translate into non-10 year old-**bleep** speak?

Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)
0 Likes