Feb 21 2011
By: imabigplayer Splicer 53 posts

FACEBOOK APP For PS3

23 replies 32716 views Edited Feb 21, 2011

Sony should have a FACEBOOK app for the PS3. because its hard to view your profile in the browser and u can't comment on anything. The "COMMENT" button doesnt show.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (32,716 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1847 posts

Re: FACEBOOK APP For PS3

Feb 21, 2011

imabigplayer wrote:

Sony should have a FACEBOOK app for the PS3. because its hard to view your profile in the browser and u can't comment on anything. The "COMMENT" button doesnt show.

use a computer and stop trying to use the browser for everything.

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars

Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (32,716 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Feb 21, 2011

i don't use facebook because i watched a program on the news MSNBC, and see there's a vulnerability with security of personal information.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (32,716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 21, 2011

i would use a pc for this if my mom would get off every now and then, but sony should upgrade this problum

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (32,716 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Feb 21, 2011

Why shouldn't he want to use his PS3 browser for everything? If I'm already on my PS3, or near or already in my living room, I would rather use my PS3's browser, than go to where my computer is. And besides, the PS3 is a all purpose media hub, a good enough browser should be implemented. And besides, what's the point of the PS3 having a broswer if it's not even good enough to use for common things like checking e-mails? (you can't check your Windows Live/Hotmail e-mails).

Sony should either make the current "Internet Browser" a really good and funcional browser, or have Google Chrome, Firefox or any web browser replace the "Internet Browser."

A Facebook app should also be on the PS3. Facebook is extremely popular, and would make the PS3 that much better, make it have more uses, and an even more all in one home device.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (32,716 Views)
Splicer
75 posts

Feb 22, 2011

I think Sony should offer a lot of apps through PSN like Apple does with their Ipod Touches. A Facebook App would be nice. But there's a alternate that works extremely well and fast on the PS3's Web Browser. In the address bar type m.Facebook.com . Be prepared to have facebook on your Ps3 at amazing speeds. Trust me. The only thing you cant do is IM.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (32,716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 23, 2011

You never used the browser, that doesn't mean anyone else won't use it. All the PS3 owners I know use their PS3 browser. Actually a big selling point to a lot of people believe it or not, is that the PS3 has a browser.

And of course we could use a computer if we want to surf and use Facebook, but we should also be able to do it on the PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (32,716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2011

Instead of going to facebook.com go to m.facebook.com
It's the "mobile" edition and is much easier to use.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (32,716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 9, 2012

Yes because the browser even wiht the major update for the browser they should i mean ps vita has one why not PS3?

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (32,716 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15010 posts

Apr 10, 2012

xGuitar2009x wrote:

i don't use facebook because i watched a program on the news MSNBC, and see there's a vulnerability with security of personal information.

What vulnerability?

Its a known fact Mark Zukerberg, Facebook and many other investors and board members are very open about sharing peoples personal information that is put into facebook. Became very public once Facebook was open to trading on the stock market.

The key to that, dont put all of your information in it. You dont even have to give them a real name.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (32,716 Views)
0 Likes