Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 06 2014
By: PulmonaryRex Splicer 52 posts

FF XIV a Realm Reborn players

[ Edited ]
8 replies 185 views Edited May 6, 2014

Heya folks. I just purchased FF XIV and am going to start playing this afternoon once it is finished. I am a total noob to the game although I will be reading some guids and such. Just looking for anyone that might have some patience to show a guy around a bit. My PSN is PulmonaryRex.

I am an older gamer and don't have quite as much time to play as I would like but I have been craving some MMO action for a while and decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Message 1 of 9 (185 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8977 posts

Re: FF XIV a Realm Reborn players

May 6, 2014

PulmonaryRex wrote:

Heya folks. I just purchased FF XIV and am going to start playing this afternoon once it is finished. I am a total noob to the game although I will be reading some guids and such. Just looking for anyone that might have some patience to show a guy around a bit. My PSN is PulmonaryRex.

I am an older gamer and don't have quite as much time to play as I would like but I have been craving some MMO action for a while and decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Just make sure the pople you find game wise are on the same server as you. There are several servers. If one player is on one and you are on a different server. You wont be able to find eachther at all. =)

Message 2 of 9 (164 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

May 6, 2014

Got it thanks. I read that earlier in the noob guide. Anyways, for some reason my download dropped and I am having to start it over... Blech. Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 9 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8977 posts

May 6, 2014

PulmonaryRex wrote:

Got it thanks. I read that earlier in the noob guide. Anyways, for some reason my download dropped and I am having to start it over... Blech. Thanks for the reply.

No problem LvL 24 Congerer here myself =) I find it easy to follow the main story quests but also do a bit of side quest as well. It help keepme good in EXP so I dont get destroyed so fast. Also you will find many instances where you are plyaing with others trying to reach a goal or beat a set monster. Learn your role. If your a tank do damage. Healer heal and help the party ect. The easiest way to loose these events is by some one not doingwhat there sopose to do. I am concidered a healer. so I will help in battles butIf I see my other memebers takign a beating. I go to heal mode and not attack mosters. Even at times having those monsters hurt me. Just to keep my party alive. =)

Message 4 of 9 (157 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

May 6, 2014

That is a good way to play in my opinion. I will most likely hold off on tanking for a while until I get used to the game mechanics and such. I am looking forward to getting started. Hope fully my download won't drop again. lol

Message 5 of 9 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8977 posts

May 6, 2014

PulmonaryRex wrote:

That is a good way to play in my opinion. I will most likely hold off on tanking for a while until I get used to the game mechanics and such. I am looking forward to getting started. Hope fully my download won't drop again. lol

lol good luck with that.

Message 6 of 9 (147 Views)
First Son
10 posts

May 12, 2014

I got the CE of it and I just didn't have anyone to play it with so i stopped playing, I love the MMO party scene. If you need a tank in your FC I can always set up my sub and powerlevel though it to get to what level.

Message 7 of 9 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
613 posts

May 12, 2014

I'm on Hyperion, if you're on there I can help you out, or you can add my PSN and shoot me some questions in chat or msg. Having people farther along to help you out is a lifesaver and a great learning tool.

Hyperion : Arch Aenon

Message 8 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

May 13, 2014
I'm on Mateus. Look me up if you're there...

Eliza Thorngood
Message 9 of 9 (66 Views)
0 Likes