PlayStation MVP
11564 posts

Re: FPS's on a console

Apr 21, 2013

Playing first-person shooters on a PC before they ever made their way to consoles (at least at the frequency we have now) is something that's been a part of me. However, there did come a time in the console life when first-person shooters started to attract gamers. During the earliest PlayStation days I wasn't so much into the shooter scene, with games in the Duke Nukem and Turok series being among those that didn't manage to have my love.

However, later games started getting me to notice them and were fun to play, such as Red Faction and Killzone on the PlayStation 2. Having played these games amongst others, I've been able to follow directions and get accustomed to the control scheme. With the Call of Duty series on the PlayStation 3 especially, it's become a common control method for most first-person shooters nowadays to be like Call of Duty.

When playing games of any type on any platform, you just have to learn each game as they come along. Some games play similar to others (like what was said with the Call of Duty scheme being common), so with that in mind it's easier to jump into some games than it will be for others. If you're not used to the control scheme of a game all you have to do is learn it and apply it in practice. By playing the online game, not everyone's going to win their first game in Call of Duty. It took time before I was able to figure out the red dots on the mini-map and all the other customs that come into play when adjusting the game for the first time. In the original Call of Duty: Black Ops, the game comes with a training module for that purpose. If you're having problems competing with real players why not use it to get used to the game before setting foot amongst other pros who've been at it for a few years before you?

Message 11 of 16 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 21, 2013

guess i have played on both for so long i can do about the same on either KBM or controller..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 16 (49 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16314 posts

Apr 22, 2013

kythunder wrote:

guess i have played on both for so long i can do about the same on either KBM or controller..

Word.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 13 of 16 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Apr 22, 2013

docshady wrote:

Has anyone else faced this same challenge and over come it?  How so?

Yes, but the other way around. I recently got into some PC FPSs and at first I was a total dissaster. But it's just like they say "practice makes perfect". I didn't get perfect but decent enough to not die too much.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 14 of 16 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Apr 22, 2013
one game that has helped me out, Doom, its on the PSN, as well as on the Doom BFG edition, it removes the up n down giving you time to adjust to left n right, but with you being a PC gamer , I'm going to assume your old enough to have played Doom before, you know the game will kick your **bleep** all over the place, I also said Doom, not Doom 3(Doom 3 BFG is prolly the best bang for the buck right now, not PSN). Keep your sens low on the stick to start, when you feel your yanking it all the way to its ends its time to increase it one notch, another thing you can do this assumes the game supports it, auto centering, it'll help you recenter the crosshair, again once you start fighting the auto centering, turn it off.
Killzone games are not advisable seeing the games add gun weight in and this will turn you off as try to adjust, and the CoD games have the among the least stick acceleration, turn your sens down to something really low, then increase it, as I noted CoD has an odd stick sens, as in loose. Good Luck and play for the fun of it before going all competive.
Message 15 of 16 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1591 posts

Apr 22, 2013
Also if you wanted to use key and mouse you canl can't ust hook it up normal and start playing with them though.
Message 16 of 16 (18 Views)
0 Likes