Oct 24 2013
By: cheshire__smile PlayStation Community Manager 245 posts

[FYI] Changes to the Ranking System

100 replies 887 views Edited Oct 24, 2013

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed a difference in how our ranking system is displayed. We've adjusted all ranks to better indicate roles and responsibilities to community members and help them easily identify official voices.  

Blue titles indicate a first or third party official representative, which you will be able to further distinguish by the icon. Sony employees and our Worldwide Studios developers have the PlayStation logo, while the icon for our third party partners like CCP and Bungie are displayed with the outline of person with a verified check mark. Moderators are now the only team to have red font, and they have a new chat bubble icon as well.

Because we are reserving bolded, colored names for officials, this means that special ranks for users have lost their color/bold, but the rank title and icon will remain.

We understand that these modifications may take a moment to get used to, but we think that overall it will be a positive change.

Thanks,

Kristine

Message 1 of 101 (887 Views)
Wastelander
605 posts

Re: [FYI] Changes to the Ranking System

Oct 24, 2013
I thought my browser had gone crazy.
Message 2 of 101 (847 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12802 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

Thanks to CMCSAVAGE for the pics

MVP's

duh.JPG

3rd Party Devs

nc.JPG

Mods

mod.JPG

Sony employees and  Worldwide Studios developers (aka 1st party developers)

tf.JPG

However. Joystick_Warrior still have the Moderator Rank. instead of Digital Platform Support

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 3 of 101 (820 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
51056 posts

Oct 24, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Just a heads up.  They are gone and Sony has no intent on bringing them back.  They say it is to alleviate any confusion amongst new visitors for the expected PS4 wave of people showing up.  

You will get to keep custom ranks/icons but no name colors.

I have a very staunch opinion on the matter but will leave it to you all to state how you feel about it first.

My opinion is this was a bad move.  Want more as to why?  Challenge my opinion and I'll debate you Smiley Wink

Don't be afraid to join the debate Chesire and the other members of the CM staff either, not that you all plan on changing anything. 

Message 4 of 101 (814 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Oct 24, 2013

From a new addition to the Playstation world, as a X360 to PS4 convert: this makes sense. So you have your outside vantage point as well too. haha

Message 5 of 101 (812 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33564 posts

Oct 24, 2013

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed a difference in how our ranking system is displayed. We've adjusted all ranks to better indicate roles and responsibilities to community members and help them easily identify official voices.  

Blue titles indicate a first or third party official representative, which you will be able to further distinguish by the icon. Sony employees and our Worldwide Studios developers have the PlayStation logo, while the icon for our third party partners like CCP and Bungie are displayed with the outline of person with a verified check mark. Moderators are now the only team to have red font, and they have a new chat bubble icon as well.

Because we are reserving bolded, colored names for officials, this means that special ranks for users have lost their color/bold, but the rank title and icon will remain.

We understand that these modifications may take a moment to get used to, but we think that overall it will be a positive change.

Thanks,

Kristine

thats what was said about the last few forum changes. and while everyone has had to just deal with them, they were by no means and still are not positive changes.

whoever are in charge of the forums are missing the whole "community" aspect.

if you keep limiting the community and removing the charm of the forums youre just going to wind up with a sterile mess of a message board.

first they do away with unique avatars, which the EU forums still have.

then they do away with 90% of the unique sub-forums, which the EU forums still have a lot of.

then tey do away with unique color names.

whats next? uniforms?

Message 6 of 101 (787 Views)
Shinra Executive
34847 posts

Oct 24, 2013

Just throwing in my two cents here...I like the new emblem design, that part is cool, I also as some will know had no issue losing the red color, but I do think we should still, at least in some way stand out more in the Community than we do now, now we don't, not at all, we look like every other user, if that sounds elitist or my saying I'm better than you or anyone else I'm not, it's nothing to do with that, but I & others were made MVP's for a reason & as such we are held to a higher standard than other 'regular' users, so for those reasons alone I think we should at least have a different color or bold font or something, anything, to make us stand out the way we did.

Sorry guys but I dislike it.

BRIT-KO

P.S. Trying out a new color, don't shoot me lol!

Message 7 of 101 (786 Views)
MVP Support
12791 posts

Oct 24, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

*bang*

Yellow is better.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 101 (775 Views)
MVP Support
7855 posts

Oct 24, 2013

I will keep my comment short and simple poor decision whoever though this was good for the community

KANE-FIRE

Message 9 of 101 (768 Views)
Shinra Executive
34847 posts

Oct 24, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

*bang*

Yellow is better.

It was just a graze glacius lol...aim better next time Smiley Wink.

Just out of curiosity do you use the light or dark background, I'm assuming the dark (blue one)?

BRIT-KO

Yellow - better?

Message 10 of 101 (765 Views)
0 Likes