Treasure Hunter
6388 posts

Re: [FYI] Changes to the Ranking System

Oct 24, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

I think MVP's should have a standout color so it is easier to find them in threads, but I will leave the thinking to the pros.

Exactly my reason for disliking this.

BRIT-KO

Umm, why exactly do you need to find an MVP in threads? We boring old regular users can be helpful too. The rank icon is enough don't you think?

Message 31 of 101 (350 Views)
Shinra Executive
32431 posts

Oct 24, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

I think MVP's should have a standout color so it is easier to find them in threads, but I will leave the thinking to the pros.

BRIT-KO

Umm, why exactly do you need to find an MVP in threads? We boring old regular users can be helpful too. The rank icon is enough don't you think?

No.

BRIT-KO

Message 32 of 101 (348 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4254 posts

Oct 24, 2013

I'm honestly turned off at some of the comments by MVPs about this...

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

And you were these things long before you got a colored name/MVP status. I'd hope that not having a colored name would not affect your ability to continue to do whatever it was you did to earn the "MVP" status.

The fact that you are honored with a unique icon and "MVP" status should be sufficient. But, If having a colored name is the only reason you do-what-you-do, then maybe you shouldn't be an MVP at all.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 33 of 101 (344 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29417 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

BRIT-KO

I won't stop until Sony gives me a brand new, never before seen color and recognizes me as the VP of gaming as well as the Chief Weaponologist. I'll accept Kevin Butler's old office. 

Message 34 of 101 (331 Views)
MVP Support
13220 posts

Oct 24, 2013
Message 35 of 101 (323 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7443 posts

Oct 24, 2013

I said before it was my last comment but oh well here what i think

The MVP's are not whining for losing their red name they are simple stating their opinion  that taking out the red name was a bad decicision.The EU forum still have a way for you to know who is a MVP and a Sony employee even by a simple bold.If people got confused by who was an MVP and a Sony employee the solution to the problem was simple change the colors of the MVP's to another color because after all Red is not the only color right?

Having different colors help in my opinion as the person who see the posters as MVP might ask him/her something that the person with knowledge can answer.Anyone can answer question here but you get the point.Limiting the forum feature is not going to make anyone happy if more people are happy with the way it was then why bother changing? i mean after all why ask for feedback if in the end a select few will make the changes they want whatever the community likes it or not.

Also special ranks don't make sense now why participate in a contest when you will lose the icon and rank later at least we got a special color before but now is just simple a icon.If anything is to be learned here is that EU community management listen to their community feedback while the NA management does what they please this is all my opinion.

KANE-FIRE

Message 36 of 101 (316 Views)
MVP Support
18791 posts

Oct 24, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I'm honestly turned off at some of the comments by MVPs about this...

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

And you were these things long before you got a colored name/MVP status. I'd hope that not having a colored name would not affect your ability to continue to do whatever it was you did to earn the "MVP" status.

The fact that you are honored with a unique icon and "MVP" status should be sufficient. But, If having a colored name is the only reason you do-what-you-do, then maybe you shouldn't be an MVP at all.

Sums up my feelings nicely. Thanks HorrorGod.

Message 37 of 101 (302 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4254 posts

Oct 24, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

I said before it was my last comment but oh well here what i think

The MVP's are not whining for losing their red name they are simple stating their opinion  that taking out the red name was a bad decicision.The EU forum still have a way for you to know who is a MVP and a Sony employee even by a simple bold.

And they also have a special icon as well as the "PlayStation MVP" title under their name.. so I'm not sure why a colored name is any more important...

If people got confused by who was an MVP and a Sony employee the solution to the problem was simple change the colors of the MVP's to another color because after all Red is not the only color right?

You're not wrong about that, but I was meaning colored names period. Not just red. :smileyhappy: I ran a website and we had this same issue with colored names. At first it was just staff, then it expanded to VIP members, then to clans. It got out of control and a lot of the staff complained and said that only Staff should have colors. So that happened.. then a lot of people who had a colored name (that wasn't staff) complained because they lost that "perk" -- as if it some how took away how important they were. So, I can understand where the forum management is coming from here, as well as the MVPs.

Having different colors help in my opinion as the person who see the posters as MVP might ask him/her something that the person with knowledge can answer.Anyone can answer question here but you get the point.

They can still do that. Taking away a colored name does not remove any of the MVPs abilities to answer people's questions, nor make their responses any less important than a non-MVP forum member.

Limiting the forum feature is not going to make anyone happy if more people are happy with the way it was then why bother changing? i mean after all why ask for feedback if in the end a select few will make the changes they want whatever the community likes it or not.

Also special ranks don't make sense now why participate in a contest when you will lose the icon and rank later at least we got a special color before but now is just simple a icon.If anything is to be learned here is that EU community management listen to their community feedback while the NA management does what they please this is all my opinion.

I could never grasp why a colored name is so more important to some people than a unique icon and title.. Is because they stick out and it makes them feel more special? -- That is what color text is for :smileyhappy:

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 38 of 101 (290 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4481 posts

Oct 24, 2013

If the MVPs keep whining about losing their red names, just make their current look with some bold. The only ones that should have a red title are Moderators. A forum shouldn't have that many colored ranks in the first place. Gets confusing and annoying.

YB

Message 39 of 101 (283 Views)
Fender Bender
3064 posts

Oct 24, 2013
I'm also glad that the only people with colored names are Sony employees and mods. It was starting to get a little ridiculous with all the different colors and titles, it made it tough to tell who was in charge around here.
Message 40 of 101 (268 Views)