32261 posts

Re: [FYI] Changes to the Ranking System

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

I think MVP's should have a standout color so it is easier to find them in threads, but I will leave the thinking to the pros.

Exactly my reason for disliking this.

BRIT-KO

Umm, why exactly do you need to find an MVP in threads? We boring old regular users can be helpful too. The rank icon is enough don't you think?

I won't stop until Sony gives me a brand new, never before seen color and recognizes me as the VP of gaming as well as the Chief Weaponologist. I'll accept Kevin Butler's old office. 

THE RANK IS MINE!

76ujh5th67uyh5trgtef.gif

also, am i the only one who is amused at how quickly this subject turned into a squable about MVPs?

who cares about their ugly, boring rank color. what the real concern is is that there wont be any pretty colors for unique ranks obtained from contests. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 101 (279 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3636 posts

Oct 24, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I'm honestly turned off at some of the comments by MVPs about this...

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

Sorry for quoting you HorrorGod, but this statement is not correct.  NOT all MVPs were chosen because they are positive, helpful or contribute to these forums.  I for one remember pointing out that some of the "chosen" MVPs had less then 50 post and registered for years, so lets put that piece of misinformation to bed right now.  

Now!  Im not gonna say some of them did step it up after getting the title, but some are the same people that should not have been given the title in the first place, but this is not the topic of this thread.  So about the OP, some MVPs pointed out that they are not above the community but right beside it and I see this as a very good indication of that.  I think it unifies community and MVPs as all one, as you do not need a title or a RED/BOLD color in your name to be a contributor, helpful and or positive.

I mean lets face it!  Who exactly are we confusing?  I only see a couple of new names here and there mostly alt accounts, because in fact the seniority of these forums already know whos who and what their title is, right?  All this complaining only makes one question the reason some requested to be MVPs in the first place.

Embrace Tomorrow
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 101 (272 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15065 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Just throwing in my two cents here...I like the new emblem design, that part is cool, I also as some will know had no issue losing the red color, but I do think we should still, at least in some way stand out more in the Community than we do now, now we don't, not at all, we look like every other user, if that sounds elitist or my saying I'm better than you or anyone else I'm not, it's nothing to do with that, but I & others were made MVP's for a reason & as such we are held to a higher standard than other 'regular' users, so for those reasons alone I think we should at least have a different color or bold font or something, anything, to make us stand out the way we did.

Sorry guys but I dislike it.

BRIT-KO

P.S. Trying out a new color, don't shoot me lol!

And now BRIT-KO has stopped using gold text! The HUMANITY!

But... when the tier 5 icon starts competing with the other emblems in cool factor, you may want to reconsider.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 101 (259 Views)
VP of Gaming
29116 posts

Oct 25, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I can't stop you from feelinng that way, but you don't know the whole story Horror, so please don't be so judgemental when you do not know the whole story behind the changes.

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

And you were these things long before you got a colored name/MVP status. I'd hope that not having a colored name would not affect your ability to continue to do whatever it was you did to earn the "MVP" status.

Amongst others it was exactly those reasons you stated that we were asked to become MVP's, also because we stood out from others in the community, this has, at least from my own personal point of view, NOTHING AT ALL to do with the names being red, in fact I expressed an opinion that red was probably not the best color because it was so close to that of the  Mod's & Managers, I have said so in the Private MVP Forum.

The fact that you are honored with a unique icon and "MVP" status should be sufficient. But, If having a colored name is the only reason you do-what-you-do, then maybe you shouldn't be an MVP at all.

Again the color is a non-issue, at least for me anyway, but no, I do not agree that the MVP name & badge/Icon are enough.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 101 (237 Views)
VP of Gaming
29116 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

KANE-FIRE wrote:

I said before it was my last comment but oh well here what i think

The MVP's are not whining for losing their red name they are simple stating their opinion  that taking out the red name was a bad decicision.The EU forum still have a way for you to know who is a MVP and a Sony employee even by a simple bold.If people got confused by who was an MVP and a Sony employee the solution to the problem was simple change the colors of the MVP's to another color because after all Red is not the only color right?

Having different colors help in my opinion as the person who see the posters as MVP might ask him/her something that the person with knowledge can answer.Anyone can answer question here but you get the point.Limiting the forum feature is not going to make anyone happy if more people are happy with the way it was then why bother changing? i mean after all why ask for feedback if in the end a select few will make the changes they want whatever the community likes it or not.

Also special ranks don't make sense now why participate in a contest when you will lose the icon and rank later at least we got a special color before but now is just simple a icon.If anything is to be learned here is that EU community management listen to their community feedback while the NA management does what they please this is all my opinion.

This is one of the very few posts in this Thread that actually makes & speaks some sense, thank you KANE for seeing through the crap, I'm glad someone was eventually able to!

The highlighted parts in particular I especially agree with, others too.

Again the red color was probably a bad choice anyway, I don't have any feelings any way about any color, the one we have now is fine, I'd just like to see it in bold that's all.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 101 (234 Views)
VP of Gaming
29116 posts

Oct 25, 2013

bookepride wrote:

If the MVPs keep whining about losing their red names, just make their current look with some bold. The only ones that should have a red title are Moderators. A forum shouldn't have that many colored ranks in the first place. Gets confusing and annoying.

Another decent post, I meant that nicely book!

Make them bold, red is fine being for Mod's, Managers etc, it does indeed get somewhat confusing.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 101 (230 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15065 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

They need SOMETHING.   It's got nothing to do with status or anything, but I personally like to be able to tell the MVP presence by skimming the forums.

Now I have to read the names to see exactly who is talking... luckily I basically have the active MVPs memorized so it's not a huge deal.

Red names were a mistake, and no unique coloring is also a mistake.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 101 (222 Views)
Last Guardian
10194 posts

Oct 25, 2013
People are forgetting that MVP's aren't the only one affected =(. People with different colored names felt unique. All that really needed to be changed was the color between MVPS and mods
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 101 (211 Views)
VP of Gaming
29116 posts

Oct 25, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
People are forgetting that MVP's aren't the only one affected =(. People with different colored names felt unique. All that really needed to be changed was the color between MVPS and mods

This would have worked too.

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 101 (202 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5546 posts

Oct 25, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

I can't stop you from feelinng that way, but you don't know the whole story Horror, so please don't be so judgemental when you do not know the whole story behind the changes.

And you were these things long before you got a colored name/MVP status. I'd hope that not having a colored name would not affect your ability to continue to do whatever it was you did to earn the "MVP" status.

Amongst others it was exactly those reasons you stated that we were asked to become MVP's, also because we stood out from others in the community, this has, at least from my own personal point of view, NOTHING AT ALL to do with the names being red, in fact I expressed an opinion that red was probably not the best color because it was so close to that of the  Mod's & Managers, I have said so in the Private MVP Forum.

The fact that you are honored with a unique icon and "MVP" status should be sufficient. But, If having a colored name is the only reason you do-what-you-do, then maybe you shouldn't be an MVP at all.

Again the color is a non-issue, at least for me anyway, but no, I do not agree that the MVP name & badge/Icon are enough.

BRIT-KO

I thought new MVPs took a survey and were selected through it; absolutely nothing to do with the forums. I don't mean to belittle the MVP program or the current MVPs, but isn't that how it is? Granted, a lot of the newly selected ( not newly at all, time passes so fast ) MVPs are indeed positive contributing and/or helpful members. 

I do think bolded name for MVPs is in place, but not a special  color. Definitely not red. 

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 101 (198 Views)
0 Likes