Shinra Executive
35903 posts

Re: [FYI] Changes to the Ranking System

Oct 25, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

I'm honestly turned off at some of the comments by MVPs about this...

I can't stop you from feelinng that way, but you don't know the whole story Horror, so please don't be so judgemental when you do not know the whole story behind the changes.

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

And you were these things long before you got a colored name/MVP status. I'd hope that not having a colored name would not affect your ability to continue to do whatever it was you did to earn the "MVP" status.

Amongst others it was exactly those reasons you stated that we were asked to become MVP's, also because we stood out from others in the community, this has, at least from my own personal point of view, NOTHING AT ALL to do with the names being red, in fact I expressed an opinion that red was probably not the best color because it was so close to that of the  Mod's & Managers, I have said so in the Private MVP Forum.

The fact that you are honored with a unique icon and "MVP" status should be sufficient. But, If having a colored name is the only reason you do-what-you-do, then maybe you shouldn't be an MVP at all.

Again the color is a non-issue, at least for me anyway, but no, I do not agree that the MVP name & badge/Icon are enough.

BRIT-KO

I thought new MVPs took a survey and were selected through it; absolutely nothing to do with the forums. I don't mean to belittle the MVP program or the current MVPs, but isn't that how it is? Granted, a lot of the newly selected ( not newly at all, time passes so fast ) MVPs are indeed positive contributing and/or helpful members. 

I do think bolded name for MVPs is in place, but not a special  color. Definitely not red. 

Before the last influx of MVP's of which i was a part, MVP's were selected only from within the Forums, when I was made an MVP in April 2013 was the first time that the Managers had looked outside of the Forums, & yes there was an application form of sorts or a submission of interest if you will as to why you wanted to join & what you could offer to the program, whereas previoulsy it was only Forum people selected either by the Managers or by being nominated by other MVP's.

Bolden the MVP names & I'll be a pretty happy bunny about the decision, Like I said above color really is not important to me ID.

BRIT-KO

Message 51 of 101 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2013

Speaking of the MVPs...and who got in. I'll go ahead and say what most regulars are thinking.

HOME guides are not MVPs... they are HOME guides. Also, MVPs that got in because of their insane trophy counts (you know who you are) shouldn't be MVPs

People with less than 1,000 posts can't possibly be deserving of the title... yet there are a few... I just... don't get it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 52 of 101 (333 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5414 posts

Oct 25, 2013

I miss my bold grey, I was just starting to get used to it. Smiley Sad

I guess this means there will be no special Hallowe'en ranks this year for everyone either, which is sad because I thought that was a really nice touch last year. Same as the Xmas ranks too.

I'm getting so horked up.

Legendary_Vicki's Sig

Message 53 of 101 (321 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

Speaking of the MVPs...and who got in. I'll go ahead and say what most regulars are thinking.

HOME guides are not MVPs... they are HOME guides. Also, MVPs that got in because of their insane trophie counts (you know who you are) shouldn't be MVPs

People with less than 1,000 posts can't possibly be deserving of the title... yet there are a few... I just... don't get it.

It's okay. Some of them have two roles, even though just play the Home Guide status only.

There should be just two groups.

Home Guide Program & MVP Program.

There are Guides that never leave the Home board, but yet still have the MVP title. Okay? lol Or never post/have around 500 posts. I'm thinking these people either got in because Officials knew them well, or they had a gaming channel on YouTube or what ever. Or they cheated their way to the top of the trophy leader boards. Who knows ;p

Even though I can push some buttons on here, there are only a few who actually deserved to have the title of MVP and they have my respect.

YB

Message 54 of 101 (318 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

Oct 25, 2013

bookepride wrote:

If the MVPs keep whining about losing their red names, just make their current look with some bold. The only ones that should have a red title are Moderators. A forum shouldn't have that many colored ranks in the first place. Gets confusing and annoying.

Say the guy that was a former HCV...

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 55 of 101 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

Oct 25, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

HOME guides are not MVPs... they are HOME guides. Also, MVPs that got in because of their insane trophie counts (you know who you are) shouldn't be MVPs

It's okay. Some of them have two roles, even though just play the Home Guide status only.

There should be just two groups.

Home Guide Program & MVP Program.

But they both merged

Message 56 of 101 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Yes, I was a former Home Guide. Long, long time ago! Have you been? No. Lol

YB

Message 57 of 101 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12803 posts

Oct 25, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Yes, I was a former Home Guide. Long, long time ago! Have you been? No. Lol

But some peoples think i was a HCV/MVP but i ain't.

But i was a Home Brainiact Smiley Tongue

Message 58 of 101 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1233 posts

Oct 25, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

HOME guides are not MVPs... they are HOME guides. Also, MVPs that got in because of their insane trophy counts (you know who you are) shouldn't be MVPs

Just gonna throw my two cents in here. Post count has nothing to do with how much one deserves to be an MVP or how much they can bring to the table. Quality over quantity. 

And as far as the guides go, a bunch of them are amongst the hardest working people in the program. Their usage of Home doesn't make them any less valuable of a community member, nor should it. 

Message 59 of 101 (237 Views)
MVP Support
5560 posts

Oct 25, 2013

The biggest problem I have with this is that the blue color, as seen in OP, does not stand out enough from the regular posters' color.  Side by side I can tell the difference, but at a glance I cannot; it shouldn't take effort to see when an employee is posting something.  The icons alone really do not stand out, and prize ranks don't either, making it seem like less of a prize.  

I don't see why reserving two distinct colors for employees/mods while allowing everyone else to remain colorful wouldn't be a solution.

Message 60 of 101 (202 Views)