VP of Gaming
27678 posts

Re: [FYI] Changes to the Ranking System

Oct 26, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Well as long as were suggestion things, how about adding a ps plus logo to the right of usernames

Ahhh, don't et me started on this one too.

BRIT-KO - MVP

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 101 (267 Views)
PlayStation MVP
31489 posts

Oct 26, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

worst idea ever you guys thanks for ruining the forums

Worst ever, maybe not, but I'm not a fan!

BRIT-KO

Sorry if you can no longer fool naive people into thinking you're a moderator.

I for one welcome this change!

revoltech-sci-fi-sfx-010-toy-story-woody-action-figure.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 101 (239 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Oct 26, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed a difference in how our ranking system is displayed. We've adjusted all ranks to better indicate roles and responsibilities to community members and help them easily identify official voices.  

Blue titles indicate a first or third party official representative, which you will be able to further distinguish by the icon. Sony employees and our Worldwide Studios developers have the PlayStation logo, while the icon for our third party partners like CCP and Bungie are displayed with the outline of person with a verified check mark. Moderators are now the only team to have red font, and they have a new chat bubble icon as well.

Because we are reserving bolded, colored names for officials, this means that special ranks for users have lost their color/bold, but the rank title and icon will remain.

We understand that these modifications may take a moment to get used to, but we think that overall it will be a positive change.

Thanks,

Kristine

thats what was said about the last few forum changes. and while everyone has had to just deal with them, they were by no means and still are not positive changes.

whoever are in charge of the forums are missing the whole "community" aspect.

if you keep limiting the community and removing the charm of the forums youre just going to wind up with a sterile mess of a message board.

first they do away with unique avatars, which the EU forums still have.

then they do away with 90% of the unique sub-forums, which the EU forums still have a lot of.

then tey do away with unique color names.

whats next? uniforms?

This is starting to feel like Jive all over again. Remember that fiasco? The number of posters that left in disgust? Sterilizing the community, stripping away its identity and more members will leave. We lost a lot of great people and will lose even more.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 101 (222 Views)
Last Guardian
10393 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed a difference in how our ranking system is displayed. We've adjusted all ranks to better indicate roles and responsibilities to community members and help them easily identify official voices.  

Blue titles indicate a first or third party official representative, which you will be able to further distinguish by the icon. Sony employees and our Worldwide Studios developers have the PlayStation logo, while the icon for our third party partners like CCP and Bungie are displayed with the outline of person with a verified check mark. Moderators are now the only team to have red font, and they have a new chat bubble icon as well.

Because we are reserving bolded, colored names for officials, this means that special ranks for users have lost their color/bold, but the rank title and icon will remain.

We understand that these modifications may take a moment to get used to, but we think that overall it will be a positive change.

Thanks,

Kristine

thats what was said about the last few forum changes. and while everyone has had to just deal with them, they were by no means and still are not positive changes.

if you keep limiting the community and removing the charm of the forums youre just going to wind up with a sterile mess of a message board.

then they do away with 90% of the unique sub-forums, which the EU forums still have a lot of.

whats next? uniforms?

This is starting to feel like Jive all over again. Remember that fiasco? The number of posters that left in disgust? Sterilizing the community, stripping away its identity and more members will leave. We lost a lot of great people and will lose even more.

So many people gonna leave because the Ranking System Changes?

while that fiasco many of them leave because of that switch?

sounds like Lithium Fanboyish

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 101 (220 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Oct 26, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

I'm honestly turned off at some of the comments by MVPs about this...

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

And you were these things long before you got a colored name/MVP status. I'd hope that not having a colored name would not affect your ability to continue to do whatever it was you did to earn the "MVP" status.

The fact that you are honored with a unique icon and "MVP" status should be sufficient. But, If having a colored name is the only reason you do-what-you-do, then maybe you shouldn't be an MVP at all.

Unfortunately sir there is a lot more to this behind the scenes that has many of us upset. It is not "just" the loss of name color. I wish I could clarify but I am bound by confidentiality clauses. For what its worth, yes, on the surface some of the commentary by my fellow MVPs can be construed as harsh or even whiny. But it is not that simple. I wish it was that simple.

Having been an individual who has had numerous PMs sent to me by members mistaking me for staff, it will be a relief not to have those any more, or so I hope. With that said I can say nothing else. Please forgive the vagueness.

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 101 (213 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Oct 26, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

I'm honestly turned off at some of the comments by MVPs about this...

What made you an MVP to begin with? It was the ability to be a positive, contributing, and/or helpful member of this forum, correct?

Sorry for quoting you HorrorGod, but this statement is not correct.  NOT all MVPs were chosen because they are positive, helpful or contribute to these forums.  I for one remember pointing out that some of the "chosen" MVPs had less then 50 post and registered for years, so lets put that piece of misinformation to bed right now.  

I can add to this I hope. If anyone recalls earlier this year Sony sent out emails to many gamers, inviting them to the MVP program. Many had never posted here before. Sony is trying to expand the program into other areas of the internet, such as social media and at real life events like E3. Many of these MVPs likely will never be seen here. Others are new posters as well. There was also the merger between the former PS MVP and HCV programs into the current MVP program. The old program and the new are similar but radically different too. Past that I can not say, for obvious, legal reasons. 

HorrorGod is correct in a sense. Many long time MVPs were chosen for their dedication and positive influences in the community. But that is not always the case now.

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 101 (219 Views)
PlayStation MVP
13736 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Had no idea the MVP thing was so complicated...

now i'm confused what "legal" things there possibly could be.

Setzaroth signature

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 101 (218 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Oct 26, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 101 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
850 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Here's my two cents: After I saw my new forum rank look, I smiled and said "Wow, what a nice new icon and my PSN ID is back to where when I first came to the Forums!" I never complained about it because I didn't care what the new look was going to be like. I'm not being a MVP because of the forum rank. I became a MVP because I want to help the community. So, I'll let it go and just enjoy it. It is what it is! :smileywink: 

mew
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 101 (214 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Oct 26, 2013

al2009man wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey everyone,

Thanks,

Kristine

whats next? uniforms?

So many people gonna leave because the Ranking System Changes?

while that fiasco many of them leave because of that switch?

sounds like Lithium Fanboyish

The color and ranking system changes are not a part of the equation. There is much more that I cannot discuss. The most I think I can say is that there are more changes in the works.

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 101 (243 Views)