First Son
10 posts

Re: Fatal Frame 2 on PSN is broken

May 11, 2013
man that sucks, i hope they fix that, thanks for looking out. I tweeted sony and tecmo asking them to fix this.
Message 21 of 108 (966 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 11, 2013

Seen both twitter accounts have been inactive for respectively 1 year and 2, I doubt it. However I did tweet @askplaystation and contacted different customer supports, hopefully we will get an answer soon.

Message 22 of 108 (966 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

@ EOGamer I know what you mean pal Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 108 (955 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2015

Message 24 of 108 (938 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

May 11, 2013
I don't know if it will change much but there is nothing to lose by signaling a problem and if anything two voices are louder than one...
My biggest concern here is if this is going to be a new standard for ps2 games provided "as is" without any guaranty all the ps3 can play them "normally", which in my book is completely unacceptable. We are really far from the "classic" experience of the original titles advertised here.
Message 25 of 108 (932 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
616 posts

May 12, 2013

sony does care.  but it comes down to us, if its defective, ask for a refund. pick up the phone and call. sony doesnt read this forum. if you honestly bought it, then call sony. very simple. they cant fix it if people stay silent. a broken product is a broken product. period. i just hopepeople read this before buying it. i have alot of ps2 classics and some have little glitches naturally, but they are minor. ff2 is ungodly bad and broken. if this was a AAA release, it would have been pulled immediately. but its a niche title. hope it gets fixed its one of my favorite games ever. mio and mayu are incredible characters. first game to make me cry lol. awesome emotional horror game

Equality for all
Message 26 of 108 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 12, 2013

@AriesSiren

I would call Sony,  unfortunately, i live in a country where there's no such thing as Sony customer support. That's why i posted this thread, hoping someone would support the cause.

Message 27 of 108 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 12, 2013

I wonder, is this going to be the new standard for PS2 Classics?

They do realize that this little broken game will make some of us think twice before spending our hard earned money on PS titles, right?

Is that fine with them? Do they relly don't care at all? is this how they treat their customers? 

Maybe some of you don't care about old games like Fatal Frame, "after all, is just a $10 PS2 game, right? nobody cares about those anyway". Well, think how would you feel if a game you love and payed for is all messed up.

Think about it, if we let these issues slide, Sony will keep doing the same, and maybe the next game could be the one you like.

If they don't care about giving us quality products, then they don't respect us as customers.

The least they could do is to admit they messed up. At least have some dignity Sony.

Oh, but who am i kidding Smiley Tongue

They even deleted my posts on the last podcast. I guess they don't care, after all.

Message 28 of 108 (858 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Re:

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2015

Message 29 of 108 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

@chickenbonetom

Well, technically. I guess they think of everything don't they? ¬¬

Anyway, i finished the game yesterday and i want to make a list of confirmed glitches and how / where they ocur (minor spoilers ahead):

-Graphic glitches like textures dissapearing ocur mostly inside buildings, in-door areas like hallways and small rooms specifically. 

-Some of the most affected areas are: 

> Kurosawa House: [1F Gorunds], [1F Entrance] hallway,  and [1F Bloodstained Room].

> Osaka House: [1F Kimono Room] area, and the whole second floor.

> Kiryu House: [1F Hallway of Contrast]

> Tachibana House: The whole [2F Raw of Tatami Rooms - E, N, S, W] area, as well as [2F Storeroom]. In this area takes place an important part of the game. Needless to say the glitch basically ruins it.

>  Kureha Shrine: When using the camera towards the altar, you can see a hidden hallway trough the floor. This passage isn't supposed to be revealed to the player up until the final chapter. But thanks to the glitch we know it's there from the beggining.

-Out-door areas and caves have minor issues but they look fine for the most part. Thankfully, the final chapter takes place mostly outdoors and in caves.

-These issues are much more noticable when using the camera obscura. I suspect this glitch is heavily influenced by camera position.

-I didn't noticed sound issues while in-game. 

-However, pre-rendered cutscenes have mayor issues of stuttering. The sound in particular is cut several times troughout every single pr cutscene. Even the final cutscene is heavily affected by this.

I guess that's about it. Well, from my experience anyway.

I hope this help those of you who still are undecided about purschasing this or not because of the issues.

Unfortunately, i really doubt the game will be fixed. But honestly, there's still a good time to be had with it, if you're willing to grasp some distracting problems. I know i had fun with it after all.

We can only hope that if Fatal Frame 3 is ever realeased on PSN, they take proper time to test it and give us a true PS2 classic.

Oh, and please, release Haunting Ground already Sony!

Message 30 of 108 (707 Views)
0 Likes