Treasure Hunter
7576 posts

Re: Fatal Frame 2 on PSN is broken

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

IX-lycaon wrote:

@Treasure Hunter

Well, technically. I guess they think of everything don't they? ¬¬

Anyway, i finished the game yesterday and i want to make a list of confirmed glitches and how / where they ocur (minor spoilers ahead):

-Graphic glitches like textures dissapearing ocur mostly inside buildings, in-door areas like hallways and small rooms specifically. 

-Some of the most affected areas are: 

> Kurosawa House: [1F Gorunds], [1F Entrance] hallway,  and [1F Bloodstained Room].

> Osaka House: [1F Kimono Room] area, and the whole second floor.

> Kiryu House: [1F Hallway of Contrast]

> Tachibana House: The whole [2F Raw of Tatami Rooms - E, N, S, W] area, as well as [2F Storeroom]. In this area takes place an important part of the game. Needless to say the glitch basically ruins it.

>  Kureha Shrine: When using the camera towards the altar, you can see a hidden hallway trough the floor. This passage isn't supposed to be revealed to the player up until the final chapter. But thanks to the glitch we know it's there from the beggining.

-Out-door areas and caves have minor issues but they look fine for the most part. Thankfully, the final chapter takes place mostly outdoors and in caves.

-These issues are much more noticable when using the camera obscura. I suspect this glitch is heavily influenced by camera position.

-I didn't noticed sound issues while in-game. 

-However, pre-rendered cutscenes have mayor issues of stuttering. The sound in particular is cut several times troughout every single pr cutscene. Even the final cutscene is heavily affected by this.

I guess that's about it. Well, from my experience anyway.

I hope this help those of you who still are undecided about purschasing this or not because of the issues.

Unfortunately, i really doubt the game will be fixed. But honestly, there's still a good time to be had with it, if you're willing to grasp some distracting problems. I know i had fun with it after all.

We can only hope that if Fatal Frame 3 is ever realeased on PSN, they take proper time to test it and give us a true PS2 classic.

Oh, and please, release Haunting Ground already Sony!

Lol didn't mean to sound so Cynical just sayin is all. Kudos on making a list of the glitches tho. Also Fatal Frame III suked do bad who cares if it ever comes onto the PSN Store. I've Never even heard of Haunting Ground so idk if that's a good game or not.

Message 31 of 108 (1,179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 14, 2013

@chickenbonetom

Man, i just realized that your name is not Treasure Hunter lol. Sorry dude :smileyvery-happy:

How could i make such a stupid mistake?

I know you didn't mean to be cynical or anything, because you're right. Sony does say that the games "could work differently from they original version". My expression of sarcasm was towards Sony, because it means they KNOW the game could be broken, but instead of making a proper porting job, they say "deal with it". 

Message 32 of 108 (1,168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

May 14, 2013

I understand they warned us about possible defects. But who would buy this? Why would Sony sell it?

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 33 of 108 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

[ Edited ]
May 14, 2013

chickenbonetom wrote:

IX-lycaon wrote:

@Treasure Hunter

Well, technically. I guess they think of everything don't they? ¬¬

Anyway, i finished the game yesterday and i want to make a list of confirmed glitches and how / where they ocur (minor spoilers ahead):

-Graphic glitches like textures dissapearing ocur mostly inside buildings, in-door areas like hallways and small rooms specifically. 

-Some of the most affected areas are: 

> Kurosawa House: [1F Gorunds], [1F Entrance] hallway,  and [1F Bloodstained Room].

> Osaka House: [1F Kimono Room] area, and the whole second floor.

> Kiryu House: [1F Hallway of Contrast]

> Tachibana House: The whole [2F Raw of Tatami Rooms - E, N, S, W] area, as well as [2F Storeroom]. In this area takes place an important part of the game. Needless to say the glitch basically ruins it.

>  Kureha Shrine: When using the camera towards the altar, you can see a hidden hallway trough the floor. This passage isn't supposed to be revealed to the player up until the final chapter. But thanks to the glitch we know it's there from the beggining.

-Out-door areas and caves have minor issues but they look fine for the most part. Thankfully, the final chapter takes place mostly outdoors and in caves.

-These issues are much more noticable when using the camera obscura. I suspect this glitch is heavily influenced by camera position.

-I didn't noticed sound issues while in-game. 

-However, pre-rendered cutscenes have mayor issues of stuttering. The sound in particular is cut several times troughout every single pr cutscene. Even the final cutscene is heavily affected by this.

I guess that's about it. Well, from my experience anyway.

I hope this help those of you who still are undecided about purschasing this or not because of the issues.

Unfortunately, i really doubt the game will be fixed. But honestly, there's still a good time to be had with it, if you're willing to grasp some distracting problems. I know i had fun with it after all.

We can only hope that if Fatal Frame 3 is ever realeased on PSN, they take proper time to test it and give us a true PS2 classic.

Oh, and please, release Haunting Ground already Sony!

Lol didn't mean to sound so Cynical just sayin is all. Kudos on making a list of the glitches tho. Also Fatal Frame III suked do bad who cares if it ever comes onto the PSN Store. I've Never even heard of Haunting Ground so idk if that's a good game or not.

I'm glad to say that I own all 3 retail on PS2 but hearing how poor the port of the game is on PS3; for people who didn't get a chance to play it on PS2, is pretty disappointing news.  Totally agree with Fatal Frame 3 assessment as I had to force my way through that game b/c of how shallow and boring the story was.  I'm sure they will put it on PS3 so people can own all 3 but honestly they should sell the game for $5 instead of $10 thats for sure.

Message 34 of 108 (1,160 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
1476 posts

May 14, 2013

IX-lycaon wrote:

Just to let you know guys, the Fatal Frame 2 PSN release is broken, sound cuts on every cutscene and textures on some walls and floors flicker constantly, and sometimes just dissapear. The worst of all is that these problems are constant and extremely distracting. I hope Sony can provide some fix, because seriously this is so dissapointing.

Sorry to hear that there are some encountering issues with this. We've begun to look into these reports; we'll update you wherever we can when we find out what these possible issues might be. 

- morgan haro, SCEA PlayStation Community Management Team
@morganharo

Message 35 of 108 (1,152 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

May 15, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

IX-lycaon wrote:

Just to let you know guys, the Fatal Frame 2 PSN release is broken, sound cuts on every cutscene and textures on some walls and floors flicker constantly, and sometimes just dissapear. The worst of all is that these problems are constant and extremely distracting. I hope Sony can provide some fix, because seriously this is so dissapointing.

Sorry to hear that there are some encountering issues with this. We've begun to look into these reports; we'll update you wherever we can when we find out what these possible issues might be. 

It's not some, it's all.  The emulation for this title is bad, a specific list of where the glitches are is just a few posts up from here.

Message 36 of 108 (1,130 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 15, 2013

@mochuuu

Thanks man. I'd really appreciate that :smileyvery-happy:

Message 37 of 108 (1,113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

May 15, 2013

update, sony is aware, i called and its under QA review. hope they fix it. glad they are aware, too good of a game to not be played. thank you guys for reporting and calling in. strength in numbers! dont mess with survival horror fans. lol

Equality for all
Message 38 of 108 (1,098 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 16, 2013

@AriesSiren

That's great news! Now let's hope they can fix the issues.

Message 39 of 108 (1,089 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

May 16, 2013

The game was removed from PSN yesterday.

However i've heard they uploaded it again and it seems that the issues are still there D: 

I've got to confirm this.

Message 40 of 108 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes