Feb 13 2014
By: sickboy009 First Son 8 posts

Fed up with Sony PS

[ Edited ]
21 replies 485 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

Just hoping that someone at Sony reviews these forums.  Here's a basic rant from a long time playstation owner growing increasingly frustrated with your products and service.  Currently I own two PS3's, a PSP, a PS Vita and a Launch day PS4.  I've also owned the PSOne, and PS2.  The PS3 is the only product that currently has any real value. 

I've been frustrated for some time, but today I just bought Pac-Man CE for the PS3 and PSP thinking it would play on the Vita.  My mistake for not researching thoroughly.  However it's just enought to finally say enoughs enough.  How complicated is it to port over Pac-Man CE?  Is it licensing or what?  Wasn't it already on the PS Vita store in the past? 

Also, I tried your "forced" Music Unlimited service for the free month.  It failed, crashed constantly.  Where's the PS4 DLNA, MP3, CD and Video Playback that was eluded to?  I know it wasn't supported day one, but now that we're 3 months past launch I'd expect integration can't be that difficult.  How about getting it together?  

Also, what about those PS Vita memory card prices?  I know proprietary memory cards are a great source of revenue, but when a stupid 32GB card is almost half the price of a brand new device something is terribly wrong.  Then you don't release a 64GB card in the U.S.  Even if you did, who would pay those prices and have a good experience doing so.  For me, your model is failing and so is my loyalty.  

I'm sure many people feel the same way.  I've tried to support you, but you continue to disappoint.  Of course, your business is your business.  Just thought you'd like to hear how one of your long time customers is losing interest.

___
Moderator edit: I broke the post up into sections to avoid it appearing as a giant wall o' text and improve readability - Meowstro

Message 1 of 22 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4500 posts

Re: Fed up with Sony PS

Feb 13, 2014

sickboy009 wrote:

Just hoping that someone at Sony reviews these forums.  Here's a basic rant from a long time playstation owner growing increasingly frustrated with your products and service.  Currently I own two PS3's, a PSP, a PS Vita and a Launch day PS4.  I've also owned the PSOne, and PS2.  The PS3 is the only product that currently has any real value.  I've been frustrated for some time, but today I just bought Pac-Man CE for the PS3 and PSP thinking it would play on the Vita.  My mistake for not researching thoroughly.  However it's just enought to finally say enoughs enough.  How complicated is it to port over Pac-Man CE?  Is it licensing or what?  Wasn't it already on the PS Vita store in the past?  Also, I tried your "forced" Music Unlimited service for the free month.  It failed, crashed constantly.  Where's the PS4 DLNA, MP3, CD and Video Playback that was eluded to?  I know it wasn't supported day one, but now that we're 3 months past launch I'd expect integration can't be that difficult.  How about getting it together?  Also, what about those PS Vita memory card prices?  I know proprietary memory cards are a great source of revenue, but when a stupid 32GB card is almost half the price of a brand new device something is terribly wrong.  Then you don't release a 64GB card in the U.S.  Even if you did, who would pay those prices and have a good experience doing so.  For me, your model is failing and so is my loyalty.  I'm sure many people feel the same way.  I've tried to support you, but you continue to disappoint.  Of course, your business is your business.  Just thought you'd like to hear how one of your long time customers is losing interest.

Since you dont have any intrest in the consoles any longer, I will gladly take them off your hands. Also, the port for Pac-Man CE to the Vita is not up to Sony, that would be up to the developer.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 22 (467 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 13, 2014

sickboy009 wrote:

Just hoping that someone at Sony reviews these forums.  Here's a basic rant from a long time playstation owner growing increasingly frustrated with your products and service.  Currently I own two PS3's, a PSP, a PS Vita and a Launch day PS4.  I've also owned the PSOne, and PS2.  The PS3 is the only product that currently has any real value. 

Just like a lot of us.

I've been frustrated for some time, but today I just bought Pac-Man CE for the PS3 and PSP thinking it would play on the Vita.  My mistake for not researching thoroughly.  However it's just enought to finally say enoughs enough.  How complicated is it to port over Pac-Man CE?  Is it licensing or what?  Wasn't it already on the PS Vita store in the past? 

So, you're mad at them because you can't research before purchasing? Plus, this isn't the first game that isn't on the Vita. People have asked for Crash on the Vita for months and still nothing. And the reason why varies as well.

Also, I tried your "forced" Music Unlimited service for the free month.  It failed, crashed constantly.  Where's the PS4 DLNA, MP3, CD and Video Playback that was eluded to?  I know it wasn't supported day one, but now that we're 3 months past launch I'd expect integration can't be that difficult.  How about getting it together?  

If you have problems with Unlimited, then maybe you should report them in Support. And it also well aware of the lack of MP3/CD and they are trying to add this in the future.

Also, what about those PS Vita memory card prices?  I know proprietary memory cards are a great source of revenue, but when a stupid 32GB card is almost half the price of a brand new device something is terribly wrong.  Then you don't release a 64GB card in the U.S.  Even if you did, who would pay those prices and have a good experience doing so.  For me, your model is failing and so is my loyalty.  

Maybe youshould delete the games you don't play with anymore? People pay a lot to upgrade the size of their PS3 consoles too.

I'm sure many people feel the same way.  I've tried to support you, but you continue to disappoint.  Of course, your business is your business.  Just thought you'd like to hear how one of your long time customers is losing interest.

Hopefully your interest will grow again in the future. But there is solutions to problems.

___
Moderator edit: I broke the post up into sections to avoid it appearing as a giant wall o' text and improve readability - Meowstro

Thank you mods for breaking this into sections.

Message 3 of 22 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Feb 13, 2014

sickboy009 wrote:

I've been frustrated for some time, but today I just bought Pac-Man CE for the PS3 and PSP thinking it would play on the Vita.  My mistake for not researching thoroughly. Yes.  However it's just enought to finally say enoughs enough.  How complicated is it to port over Pac-Man CE?  Is it licensing or what?Ding Ding Ding; Or at least that is the most likely assumption  Wasn't it already on the PS Vita store in the past? 

On the store it clearly says that Pac-Man CE is only playable on the PSP and PS3. If you haven't tried to transfer it from the PS3 to PS Vita do so.

It's coming. Or would you like a "We are currently working on a solution to bring DLNA support to the PlayStation 4."-like response that you would get from Sony, friend. Sony already knows and has known for a while, we know Sony knows. Join us so I can say you know Sony knows.

Many people have, and many people will pay. But I agree the prices need to come down.

___

• One game doesn't work on the PS Vita
  • No MP3, DLNA, or CD support
  • Price of Vita memory cards

That's a hefty list, friend.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 22 (436 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 13, 2014

lol.

No I'm not upset about the Pac-Man port.  As I stated, that was my bad.

As a consumer, it's really not Sony's fault at all.  I had higher expectations then they delivered based on past experience.

Just wanted to let them know where, in my eyes they are falling short and causing a 18-20 year customer to lose interest.

Opinions vary, so does customer satisfaction.

Message 5 of 22 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 13, 2014

sickboy009 wrote:

lol.

No I'm not upset about the Pac-Man port.  As I stated, that was my bad.

As a consumer, it's really not Sony's fault at all.  I had higher expectations then they delivered based on past experience.

Just wanted to let them know where, in my eyes they are falling short and causing a 18-20 year customer to lose interest.

Opinions vary, so does customer satisfaction.

I agree, opinions vary.

But remember, this PS4 just came out. You can't expect it to meet it's full potential until later on.

Message 6 of 22 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 13, 2014
I agree, opinions vary. But remember, this PS4 just came out. You can't expect it to meet it's full potential until later on. _____________________________________________________________________ Full potential? I don't even think the PS3 ever reached it's full potential. Doubtful the PS4 will either. But offering the same features of it's predecessor would've been nice. It's their business model though. Force the consumer to keep both devices under the TV hoping to keep pushing out PS3 titles. Backward compatibility would've solved that, but then they couldn't keep selling their higher margin PS3's. Ok, I've wasted enough time talking nerd. Sony hopefully you got my message. Do with it what you want.
Message 7 of 22 (390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 13, 2014

lol, sorry for the crammed message.  For whatever reason it did'nt like my paragraphs.

Message 8 of 22 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Feb 13, 2014

i love how people keep complaining how much there tired of sony sick of sony PS4 was a waste. dont like it move on what you gonna buy Xbox oh ya thats way better LMFAO. and Nintendo is dead on the console front to be quiet

Message 9 of 22 (373 Views)
Last Guardian
11777 posts

Feb 13, 2014

There is a PlayStation Store available to access through the Vita itself, but the PlayStation Store is a general purpose store for all permissible PlayStation product that are tied into it. Unfortunately for some people, not all games are available for every platform. Even if a game seems like it could be played on any platform you want it to, this is not always the case. Gaming companies will often tell you 'Only this platform is capable of running this game.' While that may sometimes be true given each hardware's limitations or features, really you could probably put any available game out there on any system. It's just that there are of course different things in place that may prevent this from happening. Whether it's the legalities or the publisher/developer's unwillingness to port that particular game to the newest hardware for lack of demand or something else, sometimes what you want to happen just won't.

At the very least you now have two separate versions of the game you want, both in handheld and in console form. Does it matter that the Pac-Man game also be brought to your Vita? If this were the PSP edition that was ported over, then obviously you'd have access to the same game as you're able to peruse through on your PSP right now. But for future reference, when checking out the items on the store make sure to take a look at the platforms listed on the product page. If it says "PSP" and has no "Vita" label next to it, then right away you can tell which platform(s) will have access to game.

Music Unlimited isn't being "forced" on anyone. Sure it's being pushed to find its audience, just like it has been on the PlayStation 3 in years' past. Whether you choose to give in is all on you. Support for those hardware features is supposedly being worked on for the PlayStation 4. How long it takes to get it together may very well take awhile to finalize the adjustments. I'd be more worried about the system's greater necessities, such as the lack of games that are also steadily still baking in the oven.

The price on Vita memory cards is high, but if you're lucky enough you could wait for one of those end-of-the-year sales where costs decrease exponentially. Of course, you'll also have to compete with the thousands of other consumers who probably have the same idea (and possibly greater wallet capacity). In the mean time though, if you're already with a decent-sized Vita memory card then it couldn't hurt to do some house cleaning with the storage space. It can be a hassle deleting games and losing progress, but there are bypass methods for such things. One idea is sending your Vita save data to the computer to hang onto it for later.

Message 10 of 22 (369 Views)
0 Likes