Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Re: Final Fantasy Sequels

Feb 17, 2014

I think FF sequels are okay, however, Square-Enix's execution strategy for the XIII sequels was not performed well. 

Message 21 of 44 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Unclear_Motive wrote:

I think FF sequels are okay, however, Square-Enix's execution strategy for the XIII sequels was not performed well. 

i kind of liked how they at least tried to listen to the fans with FF13-2, but three.. they just wnet to far off base. the more action then RPG style battle, the global timer, it just doesn't sound like a RPG anymore. the next one is said to be getting made by the guys who made Kingdom Hearts, that said we know what to expect combat wise. but if they wanna redeem themselves in ways of true RPG battle system with fans they need to go back to basics.

Message 22 of 44 (101 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9413 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

X-2 was good, and all the sequel/prequels in the FF-7 universe were great, the 13 games.... not so much

I liked X-2, I havn`t played X yet, but X-2 was really the game that got me into the FF series, I didn`t play FF 7, but I did play Dirge of Cerebus and it was good, I did play I little bit of the prequel but not much, although not a game, but the Advent Children movie was good as well. For XIII, I didn`t like, but XIII-2 I did enjoy, I am almost at the end of the game now, where I wouldn`t even finish the first one.

Message 23 of 44 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Feb 17, 2014

chaos_789 wrote:

I liked X-2, I havn`t played X yet, but X-2 was really the game that got me into the FF series, I didn`t play FF 7, but I did play Dirge of Cerebus and it was good, I did play I little bit of the prequel but not much, although not a game, but the Advent Children movie was good as well. For XIII, I didn`t like, but XIII-2 I did enjoy, I am almost at the end of the game now, where I wouldn`t even finish the first one.

like i said in FF13-2 they tried to listen to us, i liked that. still there were a few thing i didn't like about it, mainly they kept the mill HP monsters. but i played it longer then the first at least. but i still say they need to go back to basics and give us the turn based style even if its a bit updated so you can get back the six person parties. 

Message 24 of 44 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

Feb 17, 2014

chaos_789 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

X-2 was good, and all the sequel/prequels in the FF-7 universe were great, the 13 games.... not so much

someone else like ffx-2? someone pinch me. i am tired of all the hate for that game. its why i try to give 13 part of the sereis a chance. key word there, try. why? because i know what its like to play one of the most hated ff games.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 25 of 44 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 17, 2014
I think we can all agree though, that the scariest part of any Final Fantasy was the laughing scene in, I think ten.

Message 26 of 44 (81 Views)
Gaming Beast
2301 posts

Feb 17, 2014

it was the first time i actually wanted Wakka to come in, if just to throw the Blitzball at Tidus' face and tell him to shut up!

Message 27 of 44 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Wakka? From Okami?

Message 28 of 44 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22378 posts

Feb 17, 2014

chaos_789 wrote:

FFX  was my favorite RPG.. i think it was the first PS rpg with cutscenes and voice over back in the days..

dirge of cerebus. was proof that square-enix should stick to RPGs..  dropped the game after 30 minutes..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 44 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
999 posts

Feb 17, 2014

im actually nervous about the new final fantasy game for ps4. its to action oriented, its like they are trying to satisfy 3 kinds of people. the hardcore action (devil maycry like game or god of war), the sci fi fans and the wrpg fans. i swear, ffx-2 (i dont care what anyone says) was the last true final fantasy. and no, ff12 wasnt a real true jrpg. it was an offline mmo.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 30 of 44 (58 Views)
0 Likes