Sackboy
461 posts

Re: First Edition Bundle -> Limited Edition Case Smell?

Feb 17, 2012

Their idea was most likely that they wouldnt be sitting on the shelf for very long considering it was pre-order only unless you got lucky enough to grab a box someone abandoned & was to curb costs. It amused me how they put the Normal 3G/Wifi Vita box within the FEB box kind of looked quickly put together in a way were they could make minor packing changes w.o scrapping it all.

I save my gel packs so I'll try that.

Message 31 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3751 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Without smell we do not taste. Fact.

Lucky you. Sort of.

Message 32 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

Without smell we do not taste. Fact.

Lucky you. Sort of.

But mommy said cases are not a good source of nutrition.

Message 33 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Feb 17, 2012

No strange smell from mine. Smells like new vinyl....pleasant! I love this case it's like getting a free card holder, and a durable thickly padded case. I love the textured finish and Vita logo. A nice touch!

Message 34 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Feb 17, 2012

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Sniffynose wrote:

rofl it's for the best that you can't smell it, trust me it's not something you want to remember lol I just find it funny in a way because my wife wanted that case so bad, and went on and on about how she was going to steal it from me to use on her vita next week, and then she asked me if our daughter had been changed, and I was like uh, yeah, so she said well something smells really bad, are you sure?? And I was like um, it's the case! She instantly got mad, thinking I was making it up to avoid it being taken (against my will) so she smelled it, and well now she doesn't want it, so I win ( i think ) lol, sad...

Haha! There are some nicer looking ones anyway. Would she like the 4gamers travel case or anything?

Contrary to popular belief, I really am female. ------------ 5 days until I get a PS Vita! --------------- Простые движения

I bought her the "Sony Travel Pouch" one it's almost the same design as the first edition bundle one, but squishy instead of hard lol, she was happy with it, and it didn't smell either as a bonus >.<

Message 35 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I noticed the same thing with mine. I opened it up and immediately was struck by how strong the odor was. I'm not particularly sensitive to smells, but my case was noticeably pungent. I asked one of my friends about it and he hadn't noticed anything. He then said he gave it a sniff and it smelled normal to him. So I think some are stinky and some aren't. In any case, the smell of mine has gone away now.

Message 36 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Mine smells less now after I left it opened on my porch overnight, thankfully some Racoon didn't try to eat it thinking it was some decaying dead animal.  Im sure it will eventually go away, like new car smell!  If not i guess if it bugs me enough I'll go buy a different case.

Message 37 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I contacted Sony by email and by phone and they refuse to help get the case exchanged or repaired.  I even spoke to a supervisor.  They say to return it.  Unfortunately I already signed up for the $30 ATT plan on it, plus applied a screen protector to it.  Plus it is sold out where I bought it so I can't just make the open another box and swap the case out.

I think Sony should stand by their products like Apple or Nintendo and repair or exchanged defective cases.

It's been 3 days airing the case out in the garage (which now stinks like the case) and the smell is as bad as ever.

Message 38 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Feb 17, 2012

I stil smells BAD! I don't eeven know what that smell is or smells like. Ug. Toxic poo!

Message 39 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2012

Mine's been stinking up rooms since the 15th.   Even my co-workers have mentioned it.

Message 40 of 47 (7 Views)
0 Likes