Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 02 2014
By: KAPGUN First Son 5 posts

First on PS4: "Custom Button Remapping"

[ Edited ]
11 replies 478 views Edited Jul 2, 2014

Forget worrying about if you can play the game or not. No need to spam gaming developers to add custom control configurations that lazy game developers forget about! Custom button Remapping has arrived! Change any button function bind you like.
This has a HUGE MARKETING SELLING POINT..FIRST CONSOLE EVER TO SUPPORT THE REAL GAMING COMMUNITY. "The Playstation 4 youre in control"
I guarantee 10-20% sale increase!! Maybe even more.
You would be unlocking the holy grail of gaming.
This feature when activated would over right all games on the system give that player the enjoyment of relaxation playing the game for able and disabled gamers a like.

Mod Edit: Fixed HTML coding & lowered caps in subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 12 (478 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25474 posts

Re: First on PS4: "Custom Button Remapping"

Jul 2, 2014

It's up to, and say it with me.... ahem...

individual developers to support remapping controls. This is not something Sony can do, and it's not as easy as saying "C'MON SONY!" and then ALAKAZAM!! it happens. And I don't understand how it would be a "marketing selling point" by changing the fire button from L2 to L1, as if there's a Donald Draper type saying "our statistics show that we'd see a 61% rise in sales IF the PS4 could change the L1 button to L2 to make a characer fart".

Message 2 of 12 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jul 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

individual developers to support remapping controls. This is not something Sony can do, and it's not as easy as saying "C'MON SONY!" and then ALAKAZAM!! it happens. And I don't understand how it would be a "marketing selling point" by changing the fire button from L2 to L1, as if there's a Donald Draper type saying "our statistics show that we'd see a 61% rise in sales IF the PS4 could change the L1 button to L2 to make a characer fart".

Doubtful.   Sony could change it at the base level, no problem.  

Message 3 of 12 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2797 posts

Jul 2, 2014
Sweet, do you know when this feature will be released? Custom buttons is something I've wanted for a long time.
Message 4 of 12 (452 Views)
PlayStation MVP
25474 posts

Jul 2, 2014

ch2423 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

If that's the case, then why haven't they done it yet? And don't give me an answer like "they're greedy" or anything else of the like, because if they could make money with a global remapping utility, they would.

Message 5 of 12 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jul 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ch2423 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

If that's the case, then why haven't they done it yet? And don't give me an answer like "they're greedy" or anything else of the like, because if they could make money with a global remapping utility, they would.

No idea why they haven't done it yet.  They should.  If every android, ios and PC emulator can remap buttons on thousands of games with just 1 change in the main program, I would imagine Sony could do the same with their own system.  Then again, it's been 8 months since launch and they still can't get mp3 support on the system.  Maybe they are not as smart as I thought they were.

Message 6 of 12 (427 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25474 posts

Jul 2, 2014

ch2423 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ch2423 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

No idea why they haven't done it yet.  They should.  If every android, ios and PC emulator can remap buttons on thousands of games with just 1 change in the main program, I would imagine Sony could do the same with their own system.  Then again, it's been 8 months since launch and they still can't get mp3 support on the system.  Maybe they are not as smart as I thought they were.

Let me tell you something, you PLAY video games. They MAKE video games. So obviously they're smarter than you.

Message 7 of 12 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ch2423 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

ch2423 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Let me tell you something, you PLAY video games. They MAKE video games. So obviously they're smarter than you.

Reading comprehension failure.  I never said I was smarter then them, just that maybe they weren't as smart as I thought they were.

Message 8 of 12 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 3, 2014
I dont you understand theres millions of disabled gamers that are afraid of buying games because of a controller configuration. Custom button remapping would cost little to nothing at all. It would just be a APP like anyother put ads on it and it would make money not waste money. Developers are lazy...look at these blockbuster games like bf , cod , gta, destiny, ive played the alpha.. they dont have custom button remapping but have a huge budget but a $4 game like NEXiUS DOES?
EVERY survey ive did never asks a huge question whats your controller preference ect
Btw ive been playing video games for over 25 years im a handicapped one handed gamer also on youtube thekapgun.
Developers need to step up theres millions of gamers out there that care about controls.
Sony would have a huge advantage in the gaming market game sales would go UP not down period.
Message 9 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11218 posts

Jul 3, 2014

Sigh.....

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 10 of 12 (373 Views)
0 Likes