Wastelander
502 posts

Re: For the players since 1995

Oct 21, 2013

That was awesome. Nice trip down memory lane, minus the ps3 Smiley Sad

I may be old, but I still love to game.

Pong, Atari 2600, NES, Super NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis with Cd, Atari Jaguar with Cd, PS, PS2, Xbox 360, and now...PS4.
Message 11 of 68 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3752 posts

Oct 21, 2013

mgzin66 wrote:

That was awesome. Nice trip down memory lane, minus the ps3 Smiley Sad

Welcome home my friend!

Message 12 of 68 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3752 posts

Oct 21, 2013

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

That was pretty cool. Sucky for all the younger / new players who have never played or probably will never play all the great games that were on the first Playstation and the PS2

Maybe with Gaiki they will at least have the opportunity!  Hay esperanza siempre.

I highly doubt it. Those who will be getting those games are those who played them in the past. It would not be seen as "cool" to be playing a game with less powerful graphics and so on. I just dont see new / younger gamers taking the time out of playing current gen games to play something from the past. 

I don't know about that. Maybe people in their teens and tweens would opt out of playing PS1/2 titles, but younger gamers don't seem to care about lighting effects, poly counts etc. My 7 year old found destruction derby in my downloads list and loves it. She also loves Sonic and Spyro. Time will tell I guess. At least they will have the chance if Gaiki is like it should be.

Message 13 of 68 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Those good ol days of Desert Strike & Jungle Strike on the PS1. Loved those games.

Message 14 of 68 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7402 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

Massive nostalgia!!! the good old days, Crash Bandicoot needed to be the game showcasing the psone era and God of War 3 the ps3 era but i understand why they'd chose GT5 instead because in europe GT is the most popular racing game ever. 

Message 15 of 68 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

That was pretty cool. Sucky for all the younger / new players who have never played or probably will never play all the great games that were on the first Playstation and the PS2

Maybe with Gaiki they will at least have the opportunity!  Hay esperanza siempre.

I highly doubt it. Those who will be getting those games are those who played them in the past. It would not be seen as "cool" to be playing a game with less powerful graphics and so on. I just dont see new / younger gamers taking the time out of playing current gen games to play something from the past. 

I don't know about that. Maybe people in their teens and tweens would opt out of playing PS1/2 titles, but younger gamers don't seem to care about lighting effects, poly counts etc. My 7 year old found destruction derby in my downloads list and loves it. She also loves Sonic and Spyro. Time will tell I guess. At least they will have the chance if Gaiki is like it should be.

7 yr olds and kids of that age are diffrerent. I mean more of the types who have the PS3 / 360 as their first console and not going back to play games of previous generations. A child of 7 yrs old does not really know the difference between a PS1 and PS4 game.

Message 16 of 68 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

FINALLY, he got his Playstation off the floor. Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Surprised  I was thinking the same thing!

What a great little story/ad. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 17 of 68 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Most excellent video.

Message 18 of 68 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 21, 2013

LeeJ55 wrote:
Great new Sony Ad from across the pond. http://youtu.be/wZkMdi3XBhw

Great find man. Memories is so correct. Hearing  some of the old game sounds and dialogs brings back years of great memories and years of pain playing Sony's great games. The moment you finally beat that bots to the moment you just ready to give up cause your best friend just tottaly destroyed you in Tekken. All great memories.  Truly a great find man.

Message 19 of 68 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Oct 21, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

LeeJ55 wrote:
Great new Sony Ad from across the pond. http://youtu.be/wZkMdi3XBhw

Great find man. Memories is so correct. Hearing  some of the old game sounds and dialogs brings back years of great memories and years of pain playing Sony's great games. The moment you finally beat that bots to the moment you just ready to give up cause your best friend just tottaly destroyed you in Tekken. All great memories.  Truly a great find man.

back before the days you could turn to the interwebz to get unstuck in a tough spot in a game lol

Message 20 of 68 (224 Views)
0 Likes