Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 22, 2013

CommaderKoopa wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:
While we're throwing they're use of the word "loyal" around let's take a moment and consider, just how loyal a customer is the guy talking bad about Sony because he missed out on a measly $10..?

Amen. All these whiners make me disappointed to be associated with the PSN community. It's a disgrace and they're simply proving why, even if Sony did this again, they don't deserve it.


On that same note how loyal is a fan who is blindly praising sony BECAUSE they were paid off and not criticize their actions

 


You act like there's something to criticize here. I do not see it that way. Randomness is random. You should learn that. I will gladly criticize Sony if they make a mistake or do something I dislike (as I have in the past), but this is not one of those times. And yes, I'm one of the people that did NOT receive a $10 voucher.

Please use plain text.
Message 421 of 690 (534 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/29/2009
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

CommaderKoopa wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:
While we're throwing they're use of the word "loyal" around let's take a moment and consider, just how loyal a customer is the guy talking bad about Sony because he missed out on a measly $10..?

Amen. All these whiners make me disappointed to be associated with the PSN community. It's a disgrace and they're simply proving why, even if Sony did this again, they don't deserve it.


On that same note how loyal is a fan who is blindly praising sony BECAUSE they were paid off and not criticize their actions

 


You act like there's something to criticize here. I do not see it that way. Randomness is random. You should learn that. I will gladly criticize Sony if they make a mistake or do something I dislike (as I have in the past), but this is not one of those times. And yes, I'm one of the people that did NOT receive a $10 voucher.


If the whole thing was to be random then they should have said that from the get go. Acting like the whole thing is about being loyal to Sony when its not is wrong, and it makes it seem like they don't know what loyalty means or they just don't care. I know that's not what they wanted. And if you have read most of the posts here you would see that people are more mad about the fact that they made a mockery of loyalty and not that they didn't get the money.

Please use plain text.
Message 422 of 690 (503 Views)
First Son
Registered: 02/21/2013
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 22, 2013

If the whole thing was to be random then they should have said that from the get go. Acting like the whole thing is about being loyal to Sony when its not is wrong, and it makes it seem like they don't know what loyalty means or they just don't care. I know that's not what they wanted. And if you have read most of the posts here you would see that people are more mad about the fact that they made a mockery of loyalty and not that they didn't get the money.

 

Agreed.

Please use plain text.
Message 423 of 690 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/23/2006
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 22, 2013

Well said irishdudewill. If Sony had simply said it was random I wouldn't have an issue, but instead they  said it was for loyal customers. As i've said i've spent $1000 on the Playstation store. I bought everything from 100s of games, to DLC, and have been a plus member from the start. Sony can easily track all the cash i've spent with them. Heck, they can even track the systems i've bought off them from me registering them. I guess all that cash I spent in there store as well as the 3 PS3s, 2 PSPs, a PSP Go, and Vita still arent enough to make me loyal. It was really just a slap in the face yet again from a company which has already screwed me over in the past several times. Sony seriously does not care about some of their strongest supporters. Nintendo at least gives me rewards for all their products I register. Microsoft has already rewarded me more then $60 worth of points in there reward program. Sony simply slaps me in the face by putting me on the same level of customer as those who buy mostly used games, or rent.

Please use plain text.
Message 424 of 690 (459 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013

irishdudewill wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

CommaderKoopa wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:
While we're throwing they're use of the word "loyal" around let's take a moment and consider, just how loyal a customer is the guy talking bad about Sony because he missed out on a measly $10..?

Amen. All these whiners make me disappointed to be associated with the PSN community. It's a disgrace and they're simply proving why, even if Sony did this again, they don't deserve it.


On that same note how loyal is a fan who is blindly praising sony BECAUSE they were paid off and not criticize their actions

 


You act like there's something to criticize here. I do not see it that way. Randomness is random. You should learn that. I will gladly criticize Sony if they make a mistake or do something I dislike (as I have in the past), but this is not one of those times. And yes, I'm one of the people that did NOT receive a $10 voucher.


If the whole thing was to be random then they should have said that from the get go. Acting like the whole thing is about being loyal to Sony when its not is wrong, and it makes it seem like they don't know what loyalty means or they just don't care. I know that's not what they wanted. And if you have read most of the posts here you would see that people are more mad about the fact that they made a mockery of loyalty and not that they didn't get the money.


Sorry, but just wanted to clarify that "random element" /=/ "whole thing" being random. 

Please use plain text.
Message 425 of 690 (447 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
Registered: 08/02/2012
Offline
243 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013

irishdudewill wrote:

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey folks,

 

Just wanted to jump in here and shine some light on this. Although I can’t divulge the exact criteria for how we chose who received a voucher, I can tell you that there was a random element involved (but it was not the only factor). Our team loves promotions like this that give back to our community, but unfortunately we are unable to include every PlayStation fan. I know that some of you are upset because of the word “loyal” used in the description, so I’m sorry if you were offended by that. Rest assured that just because someone else received a message saying they are a loyal customer doesn’t mean that you aren’t too. :smileyhappy:   

  

<3

-Kristine


It's great to finally hear something form Sony. It make me happy know that you at least said something, and not just leave us hanging. But it doesn't make sense that someone who just joined PSN and doesn't spend money on PSN gets a message saying thanks for being a loyal costumer. But someone who spends money on PSN and been hear for years,  doesn't even get a hey thanks for sticking with us for the past years and being loyal. I know that you didn't mean to make people mad or feel as though there loyalty means nothing, but its hard not to feel that way.


I understand that. If we ever do something like this again in the future, we'll try and be more careful with our wording. 

Please use plain text.
Message 426 of 690 (440 Views)
First Son
Registered: 03/29/2009
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013

Ya i hear ya. They really should have thought this through better.

Please use plain text.
Message 427 of 690 (439 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/29/2009
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013

cheshire__smile wrote:

irishdudewill wrote:

cheshire__smile wrote:

Hey folks,

 

Just wanted to jump in here and shine some light on this. Although I can’t divulge the exact criteria for how we chose who received a voucher, I can tell you that there was a random element involved (but it was not the only factor). Our team loves promotions like this that give back to our community, but unfortunately we are unable to include every PlayStation fan. I know that some of you are upset because of the word “loyal” used in the description, so I’m sorry if you were offended by that. Rest assured that just because someone else received a message saying they are a loyal customer doesn’t mean that you aren’t too. :smileyhappy:   

  

<3

-Kristine


It's great to finally hear something form Sony. It make me happy know that you at least said something, and not just leave us hanging. But it doesn't make sense that someone who just joined PSN and doesn't spend money on PSN gets a message saying thanks for being a loyal costumer. But someone who spends money on PSN and been hear for years,  doesn't even get a hey thanks for sticking with us for the past years and being loyal. I know that you didn't mean to make people mad or feel as though there loyalty means nothing, but its hard not to feel that way.


I understand that. If we ever do something like this again in the future, we'll try and be more careful with our wording. 


Sorry if i am comeing off to strong. and thanks for saying that it really means a lot. Its just you have to watch some of the thing you say or do, because it can be takin the wrong way. I do hope to see more stuff like this. I know you guys are doing your best so keep up the good work.

Please use plain text.
Message 428 of 690 (418 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/13/2009
Offline
1027 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013

cheshire__smile wrote:

irishdudewill wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

CommaderKoopa wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:
While we're throwing they're use of the word "loyal" around let's take a moment and consider, just how loyal a customer is the guy talking bad about Sony because he missed out on a measly $10..?

Amen. All these whiners make me disappointed to be associated with the PSN community. It's a disgrace and they're simply proving why, even if Sony did this again, they don't deserve it.


On that same note how loyal is a fan who is blindly praising sony BECAUSE they were paid off and not criticize their actions

 


You act like there's something to criticize here. I do not see it that way. Randomness is random. You should learn that. I will gladly criticize Sony if they make a mistake or do something I dislike (as I have in the past), but this is not one of those times. And yes, I'm one of the people that did NOT receive a $10 voucher.


If the whole thing was to be random then they should have said that from the get go. Acting like the whole thing is about being loyal to Sony when its not is wrong, and it makes it seem like they don't know what loyalty means or they just don't care. I know that's not what they wanted. And if you have read most of the posts here you would see that people are more mad about the fact that they made a mockery of loyalty and not that they didn't get the money.


Sorry, but just wanted to clarify that "random element" /=/ "whole thing" being random. 


That doesnt clarify anything at all, it IS random, but it ISNT random? corperate double talk if you ask me

 

Please use plain text.
Message 429 of 690 (408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/29/2009
Offline
26 posts
 

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013
I know this whole thing don't make sense at all.
Please use plain text.
Message 430 of 690 (400 Views)
0 Likes