Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013

phantasystar77 wrote:
Its pretty sad, but I seriously doubt Sony cares about this latest PR mess. About the only way they will is if the major game media outlets start picking up on the story and the negative press goes widespread.

When will you people get it through your thick skulls - there's no PR mess here, so there's not going to be any negative press on it outside these forums - just positive praise for Sony giving out $10 free to numerous customers.  What do you think the media cares about? A multi-national company sending out free money to hundreds, probably thousands, of customers, or twenty people **bleep** and moaning on a forum about not being one of the randomly selected individuals?

Message 481 of 690 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

If you actually read what was going on you would have a clue. If it were simply random and Sony stated that in the first place, then i'd have no issue. However Sony clearly stated it was for their Loyal customers. How do you define a loyal customer? Do you define it as one that rents or buys used on the bulk of there games, or even gameshares most of there stuff? Is it loyal when that person may have spent a total of $20 in  the PSN store in the 4 years or so they owned the system? I know several people just like I described who were given $10 and called Loyal by Sony. So by your response I take it that either you didn't read a **bleep** thing people like myself are saying, or your one of those described and probably got the credit.

No PR mess? How many unhappy  people do you figure it takes to make one? Also, what makes you think its only contained to this forum? Because i've read about it in several others. People like you are like those who said there wasn't an issue when EA stopped honoring the $20 Origin credits they sent out to people. It wasn't until the issue began to spread that EA cared.

So in the end as a loyal customer who has sunk tens of thousands into Sony products over the years, I have a right to get upset when the company I supported gives me the finger. Sony has made it pretty clear that they don't care about me as a customer, so I have made a choice to give my money to their competitors who have treated me right and reward instead of insult me for my loyalty. So maybe they upset 500 people with this who may spend at least $1000-2000 a year. That is now their issue and not my own.

"Edit" Just checked out your stats xClayMeow and it looks like you only have a Vita and have played 11 games. A few were freebies and if you're a plus member then it means most were so your argument holds even less water when talking about supporting a company.

Message 482 of 690 (409 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

Feb 23, 2013

This is total Bull. I've been a Loyal Customer since March of 2008 and must've spent hundreds in the store. Where the hell is my $10 Credit Sony?!

Message 483 of 690 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 23, 2013
You guys know what cracks m up the most? The people like xclaymeow who say to get a life and stop complaining, and then stay in the forum complaining about those who complain. Take your own advise!

P.S. Don't worry about arguing with me, I have a life and won't be back to read your "I'm better than everyone else because I don't complain" complaint.
Message 484 of 690 (367 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 23, 2013

phantasystar77 wrote:

If you actually read what was going on you would have a clue. If it were simply random and Sony stated that in the first place, then i'd have no issue. However Sony clearly stated it was for their Loyal customers. How do you define a loyal customer? Do you define it as one that rents or buys used on the bulk of there games, or even gameshares most of there stuff? Is it loyal when that person may have spent a total of $20 in  the PSN store in the 4 years or so they owned the system? I know several people just like I described who were given $10 and called Loyal by Sony. So by your response I take it that either you didn't read a **bleep** thing people like myself are saying, or your one of those described and probably got the credit.

No PR mess? How many unhappy  people do you figure it takes to make one? Also, what makes you think its only contained to this forum? Because i've read about it in several others. People like you are like those who said there wasn't an issue when EA stopped honoring the $20 Origin credits they sent out to people. It wasn't until the issue began to spread that EA cared.

So in the end as a loyal customer who has sunk tens of thousands into Sony products over the years, I have a right to get upset when the company I supported gives me the finger. Sony has made it pretty clear that they don't care about me as a customer, so I have made a choice to give my money to their competitors who have treated me right and reward instead of insult me for my loyalty. So maybe they upset 500 people with this who may spend at least $1000-2000 a year. That is now their issue and not my own.

"Edit" Just checked out your stats xClayMeow and it looks like you only have a Vita and have played 11 games. A few were freebies and if you're a plus member then it means most were so your argument holds even less water when talking about supporting a company.

Oh no, I only own a Vita...you caught me! :rolleyes: Though I do own a PS1, Sony XBR, Sony sound system, and Sony car stereo. You claim I haven't read your responses, yet you clearly haven't read mine, since I've stated that I have NOT received a $10 voucher either. The only difference is, I'm not **bleep** about it. "Loyalty" is completely subjective, which you even admit in your post (even if accidentally). But how loyal can someone claim to be if they "quit" on a company over $10? BTW, did MS send you $10? How about Nintendo? I guess it's okay because they haven't sent it to anyone? Sony does something nice and completely unnecessary, but because you weren't the beneficiary, you're going to **bleep** and moan? lol, you're a joke.

But aside from it being subjective, a Sony rep has confirmed that there was a random element to the selection. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand how randomness works. In fact, anyone who considers themselves a gamer should have a pretty good understanding of randomness since some form of it appears in 90% of games.

Message 485 of 690 (357 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Actually, using Nintendo or MS to back up your statement is really poor since they actually do reward your loyalty. I'm always getting stuff from both. Hell with Nintendo I'm currently getting money back for the games I purchase. Meanwhile here in Sonyland loyalty gets you a middle finger planted on the "random" button, but hey just ignore the facts.

Message 486 of 690 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Sevyne wrote:

Actually, using Nintendo or MS to back up your statement is really poor since they actually do reward your loyalty. I'm always getting stuff from both. Hell with Nintendo I'm currently getting money back for the games I purchase, but hey just ignore the facts.

I'm fully aware of their rewards programs, which isn't quite the same thing as sending out $10 to random customers, as you earn points by spending money.

Message 487 of 690 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

That's kind of my point though. They do it the right way. Random rewards going to dummy accounts with no activity is kind of dumb and I can see why people would be ticked off with that after all of the support they give. You are right that boycotting over a measly $10 is dumb, but being angry over the fact of the matter is pretty understandable.

Just for the record I actually did get a voucher on a fairly dead second account that I keep just for when I have family over, so the kids can screw around on it. No way I'm letting them have free reign on mine without the parental controls up. Anyway, it seems rather dumb that an account like that would be rewarded for practically nothing at all.

Message 488 of 690 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Feb 23, 2013
This is seriously ridiculous.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 489 of 690 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Feb 23, 2013

As far as tracable purchases you bought, then that would essentially be from the Playstation store or paid Plus Subscription. After all, the $10 credit goes toward PSN purchases and not stuff like stereos and so on. So, based off your played Vita games which look to be mostly freebies, I wouldn't say you were loyal when buying from the PS store at all and would say you didn't deserve one based off that. However if they stated from the start it was random and you did get one, then I would say congrats. In the end its not about the actual $10, but the fact that it was a slap in the face by Sony for calling people who barely support the store loyal, and ignoring those who strongly support it. So yeah the Sony rep did confirm there was a random element, but that does not change the fact that the original $10 credit mail said it was for the loyal customers.

Also, where did I say I was quitting on the company? I said I was cutting back on support and that was it. Cutting back on support means buying far less off the PS store, buying used more often then new, and not resubscribing to Plus.

Ok, you want to talk about what Microsoft gave me for my loyalty, then here it is.... rewards.jpg

There's over $60 in points for loyaly supporting them. As for Nintendo and their rewards, i've gotten several including a Mario statue, a set of Nintendo pins, 2 DS Lite cases, a physical copy of both of the DS Game and Watch Collections, as well as several downloadable games such as Excitebike 3D, Mario Kart, Kirby, and so on.

Message 490 of 690 (322 Views)
0 Likes