Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: Free $10 credit from PSN for being loyal :)

Feb 23, 2013
1 : unswerving in allegiance: as a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government b : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due c : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

If you jumped on the wagon against Sony cause you missed out on $10 then you shouldn't bring up the loyalty statement.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 501 of 690 (416 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Feb 23, 2013

EzraMajor wrote:
1 : unswerving in allegiance: as a : faithful in allegiance to one's lawful sovereign or government b : faithful to a private person to whom fidelity is due c : faithful to a cause, ideal, custom, institution, or product

If you jumped on the wagon against Sony cause you missed out on $10 then you shouldn't bring up the loyalty statement.

Sorry bro, but the key here is loyal customer, as in customer loyalty.  Customer loyalty is built upon and maintained by doing the following:

• keeping touch with customers via email marketing, thank you cards and more.
  • showing that you care and remembering what customers like and don’t like.
  • rewarding customers for choosing you over your competitors.

When Sony inserted any form of random selection to their process, they eliminated the loyalty factor from the equation.  To continue with the idea that this "gift" is meant for loyal fans and customers is a clear slap in the face of those persons who truly are loyal Sony fans and customers.

In the case this is lost on persons such as yourself and Sony management as a whole, let me state what types of customers exist.

Loyal customer - these customers are the ones who tend to stay with a company for the long-haul, not hopping from brand to brand.  They spread the good and bad to other customers by relating how well a company treats them for their loyalty to that brand.

Discount customer - these are the customers who are looking for the cheapest deal.

Impulse customer - the name says it all.

Need-based customer - again, name says it all.

Wandering customer - this is fairly obvious, as in customers who randomly select who they conduct business with.

Message 502 of 690 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9577 posts

Feb 23, 2013

irishdudewill wrote:

EzraMajor wrote:

Sorry bro, but the key here is loyal customer, as in customer loyalty.  Customer loyalty is built upon and maintained by doing the following:

• keeping touch with customers via email marketing, thank you cards and more.
  • showing that you care and remembering what customers like and don’t like.
  • rewarding customers for choosing you over your competitors.

When Sony inserted any form of random selection to their process, they eliminated the loyalty factor from the equation.  To continue with the idea that this "gift" is meant for loyal fans and customers is a clear slap in the face of those persons who truly are loyal Sony fans and customers.

In the case this is lost on persons such as yourself and Sony management as a whole, let me state what types of customers exist.

Loyal customer - these customers are the ones who tend to stay with a company for the long-haul, not hopping from brand to brand.  They spread the good and bad to other customers by relating how well a company treats them for their loyalty to that brand.

Discount customer - these are the customers who are looking for the cheapest deal.

Impulse customer - the name says it all.

Need-based customer - again, name says it all.

Wandering customer - this is fairly obvious, as in customers who randomly select who they conduct business with.

Loyalty is loyalty regardless.  if you leaving that loyalty just because you didnt get $10, then you wasnt loyal to begin with. A person loyalty to something shouldn't wave over $10 Smiley Very Happy

Message 503 of 690 (371 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Lol your "loyalty" cost 10 dollars.
Message 504 of 690 (365 Views)
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

I think the term "loyalty" is being thrown around too much. That was really Sony's mistake. In actuality this whole promotion was a mistake. 

A simple "Thank you for your support to Sony and the Playstation brand. We couldn't have done it without you" message to every PSN account would have been ample thanks. It may have even given many of us some warm fuzzies because it at least shows some initiative on their part to thank us. There would have been no need to have spent any money aside from the effort to send a mass PSN message and everyone would have been happy.

Instead they did this and made X people happy and the remainder of the PSN members pretty heated. I'm sure they were just trying to create positive buzz because of the PS4 announcement but it's created a mixed bag of buzz. If you ask me, they should have just done nothing.

Loyalty isn't free. It costs folks like you and me. And if we don't all chip in, we'll never pay that bill.

---------------------------------------------------

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk...have at you!

---------------------------------------------------
Message 505 of 690 (358 Views)
First Son
26 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Vu_Prime wrote:

I think the term "loyalty" is being thrown around too much. That was really Sony's mistake. In actuality this whole promotion was a mistake. 

A simple "Thank you for your support to Sony and the Playstation brand. We couldn't have done it without you" message to every PSN account would have been ample thanks. It may have even given many of us some warm fuzzies because it at least shows some initiative on their part to thank us. There would have been no need to have spent any money aside from the effort to send a mass PSN message and everyone would have been happy.

Instead they did this and made X people happy and the remainder of the PSN members pretty heated. I'm sure they were just trying to create positive buzz because of the PS4 announcement but it's created a mixed bag of buzz. If you ask me, they should have just done nothing.

Loyalty isn't free. It costs folks like you and me. And if we don't all chip in, we'll never pay that bill.

Exactly this.  The word loyalty is the primary issue of the mass consternation, regarldess of the actual offering.

Message 506 of 690 (348 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Feb 23, 2013

So I've spent probably close to $1000 if not more on the PSN store, had 3 PS3s, bought 50+ games and I've got nothing so I guess I am not a loyal Sony customer?

Well my PS+ subscription is running out next month and I will probably refuse to renew it unless Sony can get their act together. I doubt it without how they been handling things recently. This is ridiculous. I will honestly laugh if a couple of my old dummy accounts got the voucher.

I would be a little disapoinnted but other than that I couldn't care less if Sony said that this was a "Random Drawing" like it was. Instead they have upset a great deal of their loyal customers for their ridiculous wording nd lies.

Good job Sony, you managed to **bleep** off a good portion of your customers. That's exactly what you need right now.

Message 507 of 690 (332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Does it go straight to your playstation 3 funds?, cause I never recieved an Email Smiley Sad

Message 508 of 690 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Feb 23, 2013

I love the way they smile at the end like thier rubbing it in they screwed you over. I'd also love to know the non-random element of it they refuse to talk about. Why can't they say what it is? Is it because they know it will upset people even further? I sure know i've seen people who have the majority of their PSN games via gamesharing. I've seen people get it on secondary accounts they use to trophy boost with. I guess thats what Sony considers loyal.

Message 509 of 690 (285 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9577 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

ok so you all wanted a response from someone about why certain ppl got the $10 credit and others didnt. You got that response.

Now you all are saying that response wasnt good enough when you claimed any response on this subject would be.

Im sorry but it now seems to me (and im sure others) that regardless of what sony says about the matter you all wont be happy with ANY outcome unless its you getting $10.

Yall need to just fess up and admit nothing will make you happy until $10 credit is given to you.  Stop with this "but they used the word loyal" and we want a reason for it.  You got one....  they said they messed up using that word.....  yall not happy with that answer....  soo get over it then.

Message 510 of 690 (273 Views)