Highlighted
Jun 01 2005
By: FearNo1~ Fender Bender 3308 posts

GTA Next still MIA...

9 replies 27 views Edited Jun 1, 2005
http://www.thestreet.com/_tscs/tech/software/10225516.html
,Q: You and Sony (SNE:NYSE - news - research) have had an exclusive,arrangement with the Grand Theft Auto titles. Are we going to see a,similar arrangement on the next generation of consoles?
,When we announced that -- back Grand Theft Auto 3 -- Sony was a,big, big factor in the business and was a great partner of ours. We,have brought that brand to the Xbox and the PC market. It's,just a wait-and-see attitude that we take to the market. study the,market and see that exclusive nature is good for the company,at that time or if it's something that we might not want to do.
,Q: So, the decision hasn't been made yet?
,We haven't announced anything yet. It's a good position to be in,,because we have the world's biggest brand and we have the hardware,companies asking us, and certainly they want that product on their,system. We will be finalizing that decision as we study the market.
Message 1 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2381 posts

Re: GTA Next still MIA...

Jun 1, 2005
everone knows that if sony gets the rights to gta for the ps3 that ps3 sales well go up just in the first year ... but at the same time if they jsut go for ps3 and xbox at the same time then we can see  both consoles have to find a new game to have the rights too .. if rockstar was msart they would just do gta for both consoles and make more money from the sales of both consoles at the same time .. but i really do want to see sony get the exclusive on gta... it would bring the sales of the ps3 to a higher sale % of that year .. and if its out at the sametime as the launch of the ps3 then you can really see the sales of the ps3 go up even more ... i really think gta sold more units than any other game out there to date.... gta rocks ..
Message 2 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Jun 1, 2005
I just think sony should buy out an exclusive contract with rockstar.
Message 3 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2381 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,trigun0006 wrote:

that would be nice , but rockstar makes money to stay alive .. so rockstar wont see out , aslong as there making games like they are , there never going to sell the company ... ,
Message 4 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10536 posts

Jun 1, 2005

trigun0006 wrote:

is not easy, is R*'s desicion, what i really hope is that GTA falls after it is Xbox Ex, then PS3 will be more successful cuz everyone is begging for better GTA
EVO X front
Message 5 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
433 posts

Jun 1, 2005
I guess that's the only way Sony can compete with the other consoles. Buy exclusives rights.
Message 6 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4217 posts

Jun 1, 2005

wrote:

trigun0006 wrote:

that,would be nice , but rockstar makes money to stay alive .. so rockstar,wont see out , aslong as there making games like they are , there never,going to sell the company ...

Tru Dat!
Message 7 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jun 1, 2005
How bout some new franchises?  GTA has been the same ever since the original, top-down game.  I'm sick of GTA 6, Halo 3, GT 5, DMC 4, PGR 3, etc.
Message 8 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10840 posts

Jun 1, 2005

,Aleman wrote:
How bout some new franchises?  GTA has been the same ever since the original, top-down game.  I'm sick of GTA 6, Halo 3, GT 5, DMC 4, PGR 3, etc.

I'm sure we'll see new IP's but the games you listed didn't really come into their own until last gen. GTA was always known but was never as popular as it is now. GTASmiley FrustratedA was only a taste of what *R* can do with the GTA franchise, with better hardware they'll reinvent the GTA seris once more. Halo was born on Xbox , and is what 4 years old? GT gets a pass because its a racing game and kinda falls in line with sports games because you can only update so much before you don't really notice a huge difference between versions. DMC was born on PS2 its poplaur title that keeps getting better I don't see the problem... PGR 3 see GT5. ,

Message Edited by garnett215 on 06-01-2005 09:08 AM

Message 9 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jun 1, 2005

Gamehead8 wrote:
I guess that's the only way Sony can compete with the other consoles. Buy exclusives rights.

atleast they only get exclusive rights and not go out and just buy the entire company.
Message 10 of 10 (27 Views)
0 Likes