Jul 10 2013
By: Artfuldead Uncharted Territory 1648 posts

Gaikai

4 replies 116 views Edited Jul 10, 2013

I'm sorry if this is a repost, but I was wanting to know, has anyone here actually used a cloud gaming service before? If so how did it work for you? Also do you think there are going to be any graphical decreases w/ the ps4 and gaikai? cause I'm imagining like lol you're playing on someone elses systems and you're just seeing like a live recording of it -_-

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 1 of 5 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13579 posts

Re: Gaikai

Jul 10, 2013

I think much will depend on your internet speed, and your internet provider.  I've heard of some companies "throttling" internet speeds for heavy users, and a streaming service will definitely use up a good deal of bandwidth.

I suppose it shouldn't be much worse than Netflix.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 10, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

I think much will depend on your internet speed, and your internet provider.  I've heard of some companies "throttling" internet speeds for heavy users, and a streaming service will definitely use up a good deal of bandwidth.

I suppose it shouldn't be much worse than Netflix.

And I'd add that depending on your internet speed, you might experience some controller lag. But I've heard that Gaikai is a pretty solid service, like far superior to that of OnLive.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 5 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Jul 10, 2013

to add to gaikai questions , say  castle crashers comes out for gaikai will i be able to use my ps3 save file on the gaikai version of the game?

Message 4 of 5 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 10, 2013

That's something we really don't know. I hope so. If they ever get Oblivion and Skyrim on there I would like to be able to use my current saves from my PS3. But it's a big question mark right now.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 5 of 5 (89 Views)
0 Likes