May 25 2013
By: ACE_GROOOVY Lombax Warrior 100 posts

Gakai can save VITA

16 replies 259 views Edited May 25, 2013

Okay so the Gakai will let PS4 owners run any PS3 game from the cloud. Just throw the same thing onto Vita and BINGO Vita goes from having 15 games to having 300. Sony make it happen!

Message 1 of 17 (259 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Gakai can save VITA

May 25, 2013
Not a bad idea, actually. Giving the vita gaikai could give it the much needed library boost. Post this on http://share.blog.us.playstation.com
My PSN
Message 2 of 17 (253 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7232 posts

May 25, 2013

Gaikai, price drop, memory cards price drop, introduction of a 64gb memory card as well, new AAA exclusive titles, more functionalities, more online multiplayer games, top developers supporting the system as well.

oh and a very serious TV campaign.  slogan Quality gaming on the go or entertainment on the go. 

Message 3 of 17 (248 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4265 posts

May 25, 2013

remanutd5 wrote:

Gaikai, price drop, memory cards price drop, introduction of a 64gb memory card as well, new AAA exclusive titles, more functionalities, more online multiplayer games, top developers supporting the system as well.

oh and a very serious TV campaign.  slogan Quality gaming on the go or entertainment on the go. 

I have a feeling there is something planned for the Vita memory cards.

My local Best Buy and Walmart no longer carry the 4GB and 16GB.

I asked an employee at Best Buy about it. She said she didn't know why, but that they were told to simply "remove them from the shelf and stop selling them."

So... Maybe the 8GB will become the minimum, the 32GB the medium, and a 64GB (and/or more) will be announced at E3, as well as a price adjustment for the 8 and 32GB cards.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 4 of 17 (242 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7232 posts

May 25, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

remanutd5 wrote:

I have a feeling there is something planned for the Vita memory cards.

My local Best Buy and Walmart no longer carry the 4GB and 16GB.

I asked an employee at Best Buy about it. She said she didn't know why, but that they were told to simply "remove them from the shelf and stop selling them."

So... Maybe the 8GB will become the minimum, the 32GB the medium, and a 64GB (and/or more) will be announced at E3, as well as a price adjustment for the 8 and 32GB cards.

man i hope you are right!!! i need to get a 64gb one because 32gb isnt cut it anymore. 

Message 5 of 17 (237 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3837 posts

May 25, 2013

I've been seeing our Best Buy moving many PS Vita accessories into CLEARANCE.

I've seen all the gaming shelves for every brand getting slimmer, less products on them.

I haven't seen this: but my husband said Best Buy has now, he saw it, moved all their gaming stuff into one aisle. Yeah, Xbox across the aisle from PS3, Vita, and Nintendo & DS stuff in there too. No more game demos either.

I want to go and see for myself, but that store is 20+ miles away and I'm not able to just go to look at it. Next time I go to Costco I'll get over there and see for myself though. It's disheartening, but I don't think it's about the PS VIta, it's Best Buy and gaming entirely. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the next few months though, after E3.

Message 6 of 17 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

May 25, 2013

Yeah BestBuy is in trouble with their big box stores, lost a few hundred million last quarter I think. I've seen stock reductions too.

Message 7 of 17 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 25, 2013

ACE_GROOOVY wrote:

Okay so the Gakai will let PS4 owners run any PS3 game from the cloud. Just throw the same thing onto Vita and BINGO Vita goes from having 15 games to having 300. Sony make it happen!

Sony already implied that Gaikai on Vita is a strong possibility, as well as on PS Mobile devices. I agree it would be pretty sweet. Will probably require WiFi, so not so much for gaming on-the-go.

Message 8 of 17 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

I've been seeing our Best Buy moving many PS Vita accessories into CLEARANCE.

I've seen all the gaming shelves for every brand getting slimmer, less products on them.

I haven't seen this: but my husband said Best Buy has now, he saw it, moved all their gaming stuff into one aisle. Yeah, Xbox across the aisle from PS3, Vita, and Nintendo & DS stuff in there too. No more game demos either.

I want to go and see for myself, but that store is 20+ miles away and I'm not able to just go to look at it. Next time I go to Costco I'll get over there and see for myself though. It's disheartening, but I don't think it's about the PS VIta, it's Best Buy and gaming entirely. It'll be interesting to see what they do in the next few months though, after E3.

If the entire gaming section at best buy is changing they might just be getting ready for E3. Nintendo has already announced that their game demos will be available to play at best buy during e3. they might just need the extra room.

Message 9 of 17 (202 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
33349 posts

May 25, 2013

ACE_GROOOVY wrote:

i hope Sony does this, and i dont see why they cant/wouldnt. if people can run OnLive on their phones and play PS3/360 games then the Vita sure as hell can do it to.

Message 10 of 17 (187 Views)
0 Likes