Highlighted
Apr 08 2013
By: crime_inc76 First Son 7 posts

Game mode

5 replies 110 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

My 60gb keeps getting YLOD and I believe the problem is the fan as it never runs fast enough to keep it cool.So if Sony would put out a FW that has auto or  "game mode" and would let players adjust fan speed from no lower then 1 volt to the highest setting which I think is around 1.9 v .I dont care if it's loud as long as it's reliable and runs cooler.Also could use "game mode" to optimize the system for better online,and native resolution only for best FPS etc.

Message 1 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Re: Game mode

Apr 8, 2013

Does the fan have a reason to be chugging along like the little train that could? Have you cleaned dust from the internals of the system, placed it in a well ventilated area, run it in a cool area, etc.?

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 6 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Your PS3 keeps getting YLOD?

This means you keep doing the reflow.... a reflow IS NOT a permanent solution.... it is a bandaid and YLOD will soon come again days, weeks, or months later...

you need to send your PS3 to get reballed. That is the ONLY way that you're going to have a permanent fix

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 6 (95 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Apr 8, 2013

It's clean and always has plenty of room to breathe.I'll load up COD B.O II and with in 30 seconds it will beep shut off and flash the red light.Turn it back on and then the fan will speed up and it's fine.Each time it shuts off you can hardly hear the fan running.So upon restarting it will either be fine with the fan running faster sooner or YLOD.

Message 4 of 6 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Well I guess the RoHS is to blam or Sony could of used a socket setup for the GPU but Sony has gone down hill since they started making gaming consoles.The best tv's were Sony not any more and the ES line up is a joke.I use to like Sony since the 80's but the late 90's was the end for a good Sony product.Maybe I should sell my 46" lcd Sony for a Panasonic plasma before it dies too.It's not just Sony as most electronics companys have gone downhill it's just a same Sony is one of them.

Message 5 of 6 (83 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10212 posts

Apr 9, 2013

crime_inc76 wrote:

Well I guess the RoHS is to blam or Sony could of used a socket setup for the GPU but Sony has gone down hill since they started making gaming consoles.The best tv's were Sony not any more and the ES line up is a joke.I use to like Sony since the 80's but the late 90's was the end for a good Sony product.Maybe I should sell my 46" lcd Sony for a Panasonic plasma before it dies too.It's not just Sony as most electronics companys have gone downhill it's just a same Sony is one of them.

In terms of my experience with Sony, I've rarely had any prolems watsoever with their products. I still have their old Tv's from 1995, works like a beast. The only Sony product that was defective was my first Ps2, I think it had something to do with the reading lenses, but that was pretty much it with Sony. 

Message 6 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes