Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Re: GameStop Taking Unlimited Pre Orders For PS4

Jul 5, 2013
That's Not True I've Been To Midnight Release For A Lot Of Top Tier Games It's Who Ever Gets There An Gets In The Front Of The Line First Or Whoever Has Already Fully Paid Because They Go First. At Least That Is How All The Midnight Releases That I Went To At GameStop.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (165 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1209 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

ColtsFanatic86 wrote:
That's Not True I've Been To Midnight Release For A Lot Of Top Tier Games It's Who Ever Gets There An Gets In The Front Of The Line First Or Whoever Has Already Fully Paid Because They Go First. At Least That Is How All The Midnight Releases That I Went To At GameStop.

The woman I preordered from said they would hold my system till i came to pick it up,since I wouldnt be able to pick it up till after work (sorry, i'm not losing sleep over a game system when i have to work the next day), and if I couldn't make it in that time frame (I think it was 24-72 hrs), to call and they would hold it up to a week. Though she said she didn't know if they would be doing a midnight release (its a small area where my gamestop is. Plus mine is full paid off, so I think they would hold mine.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (159 Views)
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I Live In Grand Rapids, MI Population Prob 250,000 An We Have 7 Gamestops. So I Guess That Is A Good Thing. We Also Have 2 Bestbuy's, 2 Toy's R Us,Two Walmart's, Three Targets Since I Know There Taking Pre Orders Now. So I Guess My Chance Of Getting Mine Is Pretty Good.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1209 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I have 2 target, 2-3 walmarts, one toys r us, and 1 best buy. There are about 2-3 gamestops in the area (one in a mall, with a eb games)

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8253 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I can top (lol) that. We have 1 wal-mart and 1 GameStop. The gamestop just opened 6 months ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9120 posts

Jul 5, 2013
It's true at my GameStop.. They do go by who ordered first... They even have a sheet they print out before launch day, that lists all those who preordered and will draw a cutoff line in the list after the person who they determine that could get a console on launch day.

I know when I preordered the wiiu they actually told me that I have the standard 48hrs to pick it up before they give it to the next person.. And when I preordered the collectors edition of gears of war for the 360 I was the last person above the cutoff line.. They even showed me the list
>

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14949 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Its a sign that Sony does not expect any manufacturing issues.

AMD has already stated they will have ZERO issues in supplying Microsoft and Sony with their APU for the consoles.

The way stores perform their pre-order pickup and sales totally depends on the management.

My gamestop, even if you have a pre-order, you will need to come into the store to get a number that signifies your spot in line. Its first come first serve. 
I have 4 gamestops in my area, and they're all ran this way.

Walmart and Best Buy in my area also operate in this way.

the_ed..... you also have to consider that you got your game late because of SHIPPING. The one variable that you forgot to consider. 
I have pre-ordered a few games online through Amazon and other places and I'll either get them early, on release day, or a day or two after.... it just depends on the shipping.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9120 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Well my eb doesn't work that way.. Even at their midnight openings, your guaranteed one as long as you pick it up within 48 hours
>

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1209 posts

Jul 5, 2013

well if I had to, I could always stop over at gamestop on my lunch break if I get too worried and pick it up. Its only about 5-10 mins away.

Speaking of which? When do all your gamestops open up? On fridays my local one opens at 11am, which I find odd for some reason.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12174 posts

Jul 5, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
I pre-ordered FFXIII from Amazon and didn't receive it until 2 days after launch. I was **bleep** about that. I had paid for that game in full a year in advance and I didn't get on day 1. I won't preorder anything from amazon again. If it's something that's been out for a while, sure I'll order through them, but I won't preorder anything through them again.

first of all when you buy something on amazon it tells you when to expect it

I have never had an order, guaranteed delivery on release day, come late, and that's at least 10 games over the years.

And if shipping just said 3-5 days or whatever, then OBVIOUSLY you're not getting it on release day

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (76 Views)
0 Likes