KZMProductionsGT
Message 63 of 170 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 2, 2013

Lanmanna wrote:
Well, at least Don Mattrick is gone. Xbox 1 might be good now!

It isn't only Don Mattrick... While Kinect IS his baby love project, many others also had input. The Xbone is done/finished and they can't fix all their poor decisions. The trust is gone, the tech is far weaker, and the thing is big/ugly. It will hardly sell at all in Japan/Europe, and sell far worse in the U.S. compared to the 360.

Damage Is done.

Message 64 of 170 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 2, 2013

i loved xbox, after trying ps3 out a year ago i sold everything i owned from microsoft and never regreted it. with that being said, there are still hardcore fanboys who see all these negative things, and say, halo 5 and titan fall and ryse. yeah theyll prolly be good games, but i dont buy a console for three games nor should anyone. they will still sell a boat load of consoles. wont be as many as the ps4 or the 360 did, but i have a feeling at first they will go like crazy here, and after a year be sold toward the purchase of a ps4.

Message 65 of 170 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 2, 2013
They both make money ya duh but sony isnt milking us for every dime. Sony has only told us what we like to hear bc they know there consumer. They dnt lie or flipflop on product like micr$oft. Again any company needs profit but sonys no way like micro$oft
Message 66 of 170 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 2, 2013
PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Nearly80 Percent Of Gamers Would Still Prefer PS4 IfIt Cost $500 According To Poll
Message 67 of 170 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jul 2, 2013
As of this writing, 792 gamers indicated that they would still buy the PS4 even if it cost $500. Only 197 indicated that they would switch to the Xbox One. That translates to a roughly 80-20 split. Ouch. The poll began running June 27.
Message 68 of 170 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3083 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

It's amusing to hear / read people talk about Microsoft as if they're the only company out to make money...

One difference between "$ony" and "Micro$oft", is: Sony tells us what we want to hear, while Microsoft just does what they want, without the need to reassure / coddle an insecure fan base.

But, both of their ultimate goals are -- To make money.

And both companies will be making a lot of it when their new consoles release -- Whether we "respect" / "trust" them or not.

Obviously Sony is being SMART about it, and Microsoft is being DUMB!

I'll support the SMART one with my money 

No. They were both being smart. If Microsoft were dumb, then they wouldn't have removed their policies. Microsoft implemented those policies in the first place most likely because they thought people were going to buy it no matter what. More people preordered PS4s, so Microsoft had to do something to change that.

Unlike many other gamers I see on the internet, Microsoft's decision has made me consider getting an Xbox One. I'm not mad at them because of what they attempted to do, I glad because of what they actually did. People think Sony and Nintendo are "all about the gamers," but I guarantee if one of them was the only console manufacturer, then DRM would be the future. Microsoft cares about the gamers just as much as its competition does. Their goal is to make money, not please people.

Twitter: @k_bro1|Nintendo Network ID: LordOfCourage
Message 69 of 170 (257 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4219 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Mikewarrior wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

It's amusing to hear / read people talk about Microsoft as if they're the only company out to make money...

One difference between "$ony" and "Micro$oft", is: Sony tells us what we want to hear, while Microsoft just does what they want, without the need to reassure / coddle an insecure fan base.

But, both of their ultimate goals are -- To make money.

And both companies will be making a lot of it when their new consoles release -- Whether we "respect" / "trust" them or not.

Obviously Sony is being SMART about it, and Microsoft is being DUMB!

I'll support the SMART one with my money 

No. They were both being smart. If Microsoft were dumb, then they wouldn't have removed their policies. Microsoft implemented those policies in the first place most likely because they thought people were going to buy it no matter what. More people preordered PS4s, so Microsoft had to do something to change that.

Unlike many other gamers I see on the internet, Microsoft's decision has made me consider getting an Xbox One. I'm not mad at them because of what they attempted to do, I glad because of what they actually did. People think Sony and Nintendo are "all about the gamers," but I guarantee if one of them was the only console manufacturer, then DRM would be the future. Microsoft cares about the gamers just as much as its competition does. Their goal is to make money, not please people. everyone.

Fixed that for you.

I believe one of their goals is to please people, but they can not (and will not) please everyone.

It is impossible. Sony isn't making everyone happy, anymore than MS is.

But, we will buy their consoles, play them, complain about stuff we don't like, and love every moment of it.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 70 of 170 (249 Views)