Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

No. They were both being smart. If Microsoft were dumb, then they wouldn't have removed their policies. Microsoft implemented those policies in the first place most likely because they thought people were going to buy it no matter what. More people preordered PS4s, so Microsoft had to do something to change that.

 

Unlike many other gamers I see on the internet, Microsoft's decision has made me consider getting an Xbox One. I'm not mad at them because of what they attempted to do, I glad because of what they actually did. People think Sony and Nintendo are "all about the gamers," but I guarantee if one of them was the only console manufacturer, then DRM would be the future. Microsoft cares about the gamers just as much as its competition does. Their goal is to make money, not please people. everyone.


Fixed that for you.

I believe one of their goals is to please people, but they can not (and will not) please everyone.

It is impossible. Sony isn't making everyone happy, but polls, and pre-sales has shown A LOT more than MS has.

 

But, we will buy their consoles, play them, complain about stuff we don't like, and love every moment of it.


I fixed something for you also

 

Now lets get to the meat of the subject shall we?

 

NO, Microsoft was not being smart.

 

Anytime a company ignores their supporters for many months disagreeing with always online, or online DRM requirements = That is not being smart

 

Anytime a company tries to force things many of their supporters have issues with. = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company says a bunch of idiotic things. = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company tries to lie (Puts DRM blame on the publishers when it's their DRM system) to cover their tracks. = That is not being smart

 

Anytime a company says those are potential scenarios, and then comes back two weeks after E3 with the same crap = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company tries to use spin/manipulation by the way they word things should be taken as an insult.  That they think they can pull the wool over everyone's eyes, and think you will buy anyways. = That is not being Smart

 

Anytime a company flip-flops their vision within two weeks time shows everyone how wrong they were, and how unworthy/untrustworthy they are of deserving future support. = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company makes a console needing a peripheral (Kinect) plugged in just so the console can work = That is not being smart

 

Anytime a company loses a ton of supporters because of these blunders. = That is not being smart.

 

You both obviously don't get it. Microsoft removed that DRM policy because people didn't want to buy into their DUMB crap, and the pre-orders showed Microsoft how wrong they were in just about EVERYTHING. You don't make money unless you please people. Gaming is not a necessity, and even if there was only one console maker. Once they decide on something dumb like Microsoft tried to do, and has done... people will likely not buy into it

 

Sony has shown they are far more for the gamer in their ACTIONS, and if that doesn't speak louder than Microsoft's words then you are a typical Xbox fanboy coming to the PS forum to spread how good the Xbone is. The problem is, MIcrosoft obviously fooled you, because just about everything with the Xbone is worse. Even the lanch games are a total joke and a insult. 

 

You have Dead Rising 3 (Not a major IP) - They want to dumb it down, and have it cater to the CoD casual crowd. It looked far worse than InFamous, and a borefest of showing nothing but chopping down Zombies over and over again.

 

Next you have Forza 5 (O.k. selling IP) That looks pretty at first glance, but then if you were to think of what a Next Gen racing game should be, then you would expect weather effects, and day night cycles... Especially with a linier racer such as Forza.

 

Next you have RYSE (360 Kinect game revamped) Funny, this game was supposed to show off how Kinect for the 360 can cater to the core gamer, and now it's passed onto the Xbone as a new IP without a Kinect showing. Not only that, but it looks to be severely lacking in the variety department in killing humans over and over. Hell, God of War III looks far better, and has far more variety.

 

Then there is Killer Instinct (Not made by RARE) and offers one playable character at launch to play for Free, you think that compares to PS4's free games for everyone to play in WARFRAME - BLACKLIGHT RETRIBUTION - PLANETSIDE 2 (New PS4 version) - DC UNIVERSE ONLINE - WAR THUNDER??? - So Microsoft is throwing a bone with a remake of KI and they are offering all these amazing games? 

 

Oh and lets not forget Titanfall that is said to be a TIME exclusive, and it's not even a launch window game. Not only that but it's ONLINE MP ONLY, and how many online MP only games have sold well on consoles?

 

Nothing about the Xbone, and it's games are great or special... I rest my case.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 170 (287 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/03/2013
Online
3005 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

No. They were both being smart. If Microsoft were dumb, then they wouldn't have removed their policies. Microsoft implemented those policies in the first place most likely because they thought people were going to buy it no matter what. More people preordered PS4s, so Microsoft had to do something to change that.

 

Unlike many other gamers I see on the internet, Microsoft's decision has made me consider getting an Xbox One. I'm not mad at them because of what they attempted to do, I glad because of what they actually did. People think Sony and Nintendo are "all about the gamers," but I guarantee if one of them was the only console manufacturer, then DRM would be the future. Microsoft cares about the gamers just as much as its competition does. Their goal is to make money, not please people. everyone.


Fixed that for you.

I believe one of their goals is to please people, but they can not (and will not) please everyone.

It is impossible. Sony isn't making everyone happy, but polls, and pre-sales has shown A LOT more than MS has.

 

But, we will buy their consoles, play them, complain about stuff we don't like, and love every moment of it.


I fixed something for you also

 

Now lets get to the meat of the subject shall we?

 

NO, Microsoft was not being smart.

 

Anytime a company ignores their supporters for many months disagreeing with always online, or online DRM requirements = That is not being smart

 

Anytime a company tries to force things many of their supporters have issues with. = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company says a bunch of idiotic things. = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company tries to lie (Puts DRM blame on the publishers when it's their DRM system) to cover their tracks. = That is not being smart

 

Anytime a company says those are potential scenarios, and then comes back two weeks after E3 with the same crap = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company tries to use spin/manipulation by the way they word things should be taken as an insult.  That they think they can pull the wool over everyone's eyes, and think you will buy anyways. = That is not being Smart

 

Anytime a company flip-flops their vision within two weeks time shows everyone how wrong they were, and how unworthy/untrustworthy they are of deserving future support. = That is not being smart.

 

Anytime a company makes a console needing a peripheral (Kinect) plugged in just so the console can work = That is not being smart

 

Anytime a company loses a ton of supporters because of these blunders. = That is not being smart.

 

You both obviously don't get it. Microsoft removed that DRM policy because people didn't want to buy into their DUMB crap, and the pre-orders showed Microsoft how wrong they were in just about EVERYTHING. You don't make money unless you please people. Gaming is not a necessity, and even if there was only one console maker. Once they decide on something dumb like Microsoft tried to do, and has done... people will likely not buy into it

 

Sony has shown they are far more for the gamer in their ACTIONS, and if that doesn't speak louder than Microsoft's words then you are a typical Xbox fanboy coming to the PS forum to spread how good the Xbone is. The problem is, MIcrosoft obviously fooled you, because just about everything with the Xbone is worse. Even the lanch games are a total joke and a insult. 

 

You have Dead Rising 3 (Not a major IP) - They want to dumb it down, and have it cater to the CoD casual crowd. It looked far worse than InFamous, and a borefest of showing nothing but chopping down Zombies over and over again.

 

Next you have Forza 5 (O.k. selling IP) That looks pretty at first glance, but then if you were to think of what a Next Gen racing game should be, then you would expect weather effects, and day night cycles... Especially with a linier racer such as Forza.

 

Next you have RYSE (360 Kinect game revamped) Funny, this game was supposed to show off how Kinect for the 360 can cater to the core gamer, and now it's passed onto the Xbone as a new IP without a Kinect showing. Not only that, but it looks to be severely lacking in the variety department in killing humans over and over. Hell, God of War III looks far better, and has far more variety.

 

Then there is Killer Instinct (Not made by RARE) and offers one playable character at launch to play for Free, you think that compares to PS4's free games for everyone to play in WARFRAME - BLACKLIGHT RETRIBUTION - PLANETSIDE 2 (New PS4 version) - DC UNIVERSE ONLINE - WAR THUNDER??? - So Microsoft is throwing a bone with a remake of KI and they are offering all these amazing games? 

 

Oh and lets not forget Titanfall that is said to be a TIME exclusive, and it's not even a launch window game. Not only that but it's ONLINE MP ONLY, and how many online MP only games have sold well on consoles?

 

Nothing about the Xbone, and it's games are great or special... I rest my case.


You say Microsoft is dumb, yet they made a smart business decision.

 

Whether the games are special or not is your opinion (I agree Ryse looks terrible).

 

And you forgot to mention Crimson Dragon.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 170 (270 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

You say Microsoft is dumb, yet they made a smart business decision.

 

Whether the games are special or not is your opinion (I agree Ryse looks terrible).

 

And you forgot to mention Crimson Dragon.


All those dumb Microsoft mistakes are not cancelled out by a forced business decision that SOME gamers may see as a good thing. Sony wasn't forced, and they've obviously made the right decisions.

 

Games are my opinion, but I did back them up with facts.

 

Crimson Dragon is just another once made for 360 Kinect game brought over to bolster Xbone's NEW IPs numbers, and it also didn't show anything special with the new Kinect. It's also not a IP worth mentioning since it's a niche game at best, and has been said the gameplay is horrible so far.

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 170 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/03/2013
Online
3005 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

You say Microsoft is dumb, yet they made a smart business decision.

 

Whether the games are special or not is your opinion (I agree Ryse looks terrible).

 

And you forgot to mention Crimson Dragon.


All those dumb Microsoft mistakes are not cancelled out by a forced business decision that SOME gamers may see as a good thing. Sony wasn't forced, and they've obviously made the right decisions.

 

Games are my opinion, but I did back them up with facts.

 

Crimson Dragon is just another once made for 360 Kinect game brought over to bolster Xbone's NEW IPs numbers, and it also didn't show anything special with the new Kinect. It's also not a IP worth mentioning since it's a niche game at best, and has been said the gameplay is horrible so far.


Sony did have an anti-used game patent, but they decided not to go that route because of the backlash the Xbox One had.

 

Crimson Dragon isn't even a finished game, so the final version might be good.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 170 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/03/2012
Offline
106 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013
Why all the flaming? We all know Xbox sucks but Xbox gamers will never realize that. Why fight with somebody who will never listen. Xbox gamers are stubborn.
Gamer | Southerner | Christian | Video Game Collector
Know-it-All Gaming Enthusiast | Former Trickshotter
Gamer Since 2000 | Proud Member of ?™ | CoD/BF Veteran
Video Game Collector | XBL 2009-2012 | PSN 2012-Forever

XBL Gamer 1-3-09 to 2-17-12 / PSN 3-3-12 to Forever
Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 170 (261 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/30/2011
Offline
3801 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013

despite all of this, i know some people who are still getting xbox one. It will sell well over a million consoles lol some people are loyal no matter what

KZMProductionsGT
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 170 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

kingbro1 wrote:

Sony did have an anti-used game patent, but they decided not to go that route because of the backlash the Xbox One had.

 

Crimson Dragon isn't even a finished game, so the final version might be good.


Everyone has Patents. Microsoft has a DRM patent with Kinect recognizing the user, but that doesn't mean they are using it. To say Sony decided at the last second not to use that patent is reaching at best. Sony would have had to built that software into the game discs/system, and that would have happened long before the Microsoft backlash. No, Sony just made the right, and smart decisions. While Microsoft made all the wrong ones, because it is Microsoft's AZURE server system, and THEIR console has that DRM built into it. Anyone can reverse a decision, but that doesn't take away the fact that they chose poorly. = I don't know many people who are willing to forgive a company after they apologized for spitting in their face. Plus the fact that there are still big issues (Like forced Kinect, and Microsoft's Terms of Service) that people are not happy with.

 

Crimson Dragon SHOULD be a finished game by now. It's been in development Hell for over 3 years. It could become good, but I wouldn't bet on it. It defimnetly doesn't make the Xbone have an amazing launch. Is it even a launch game? it doesn't show it HERE

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 170 (256 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/03/2013
Online
3005 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013

WackoDaSniper wrote:
Why all the flaming? We all know Xbox sucks but Xbox gamers will never realize that. Why fight with somebody who will never listen. Xbox gamers are stubborn.

I don't even own an original Xbox or a 360. I just view Microsoft's decision to remove DRM differently than others, and some of the games on Xbox One interest me (though it is possible that the final versions might be low quality).

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 170 (255 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 05/03/2013
Online
3005 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 3, 2013

Mikewarrior wrote:

kingbro1 wrote:

Sony did have an anti-used game patent, but they decided not to go that route because of the backlash the Xbox One had.

 

Crimson Dragon isn't even a finished game, so the final version might be good.


Everyone has Patents. Microsoft has a DRM patent with Kinect recognizing the user, but that doesn't mean they are using it. To say Sony decided at the last second not to use that patent is reaching at best. Sony would have had to built that software into the game discs/system, and that would have happened long before the Microsoft backlash. No, Sony just made the right, and smart decisions. While Microsoft made all the wrong ones, because it is Microsoft's AZURE server system, and THEIR console that the DRM is built into. Anyone can reverse a decision, but that doesn't take away the fact that they chose poorly. = I don't know many people who are willing to forgive a company after they apologized for spit in their face. Plus the fact that there are still big issues (Like forced Kinect, and Microsoft's Terms of Service) that people are not happy with.

 

Crimson Dragon SHOULD be a finished game by now. It's been in development Hell for over 3 years. It could become good, but I wouldn't bet on it. It defimnetly doesn't make the Xbone have an amazing launch. Is it even a launch game? it doesn't show it HERE


I didn't think it was a launch game. I'm not even in a hurry to get any next gen console.

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 170 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

KZMProductionsGT wrote:

despite all of this, i know some people who are still getting xbox one. It will sell well over a million consoles lol some people are loyal no matter what


No doubt about it. i expect the Xbone to eventually sell in the 30+ Million. However, Microsoft has lost a ton of support, and with that price along with it's TV features catering towards U.S. only... I don't see the Xbone selling much in Europe/Japan at all. Actually, I only see the Xbone selling o.k. in the U.S

 

Sony lost almost half their user base from PS2 to PS3, and you would have thought Microsoft would have learned from that. But no, they come and do quite a few things that are far more stupid. Microsoft will lose half their 360 user base as well, if not a little more. = Like I said around 30+ Million

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 170 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes