Splicer
40 posts

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

Jul 5, 2013

I'm not lazy... just disabled (yeah, Joint Hypermobility Syndrome sucks when you can dislocate so easily... hell I dislocated a thumb playing COD4 once).

Let's just agree to disagree. I liked Microsoft's original plan but that's me. I'm not trying to force you to buy an Xbox One. I've got four Xbox originals, two Xbox 360's and an XBone on pre-order. I've also got a PS original (upside down edition), a PS3 slim and I did have a PS2 before it died on me. I also killed an original Xbox.

Oh yeah, and I have a ton of games too because I don't trade my games in. I still go back and play old games quite often so I know what you mean about collecting games. So why wasn't I bothered about digital games... BECUASE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN STORED IN THE CLOUD.

I'm a big reader and have a load of books. I'm actually donating a lot of them to charity shops this week because I've now been storing them digitally plus new books I buy from Amazon for my Kindles (yes, I have multiple... Got every one since 2). Digital is the way to go. OK so you may not have the thing in your hand but all the important things about them are there. You can read digital books more easily than hardcopy.

Digital games are eaier to play than disc based because they are easier to access. Hell, I will probably be buying some games from the Playstation store this weekend. Nothing wrong with that. Been missing playing Wipeout for a while now (my original PS copy of Wipeout was one of the games that got wrecked because I had to turn the PS upside down or it wouldn't read the disc). I've also bought games from Steam and Xbox Live. Still have them. I'm still a collector even though they are the digital versions.

Nah, the crying over the One is because MS just didn't explain it clearly enough and the whiners just don't understand what they were trying to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 170 (292 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5740 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I was being told what I can and cannot do with a game I paid for
I would be forced to check in with "mom" everyday
I would be forced to use/buy kinect
What's to not understand?

Not everyone chooses to connect their game console to the net. Not everyone wants a camera. Not everyone wants a media hub, just a game console. I have enough media apps in my entertainment components. As someone who loves physical media, I hate the cloud. I believe everyone should be given a choice. Ps4 gives me that. What m$ did made me abandon the xbox. Their attitude towards gamers before they saw the preorders is how they lost me forever.
Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 170 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
96 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Xbox one sucks I just want to play a **bleep** game
Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 170 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
96 posts

Jul 5, 2013
And watch netflix without having to **bleep** pay an additional 50$
Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 170 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

EG_NeoMorph is the worst kind of troll and I'll show you guys why. Just give me 10 Mins

Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 170 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

EG_NeoMorph wrote:

I'm not lazy... just disabled (yeah, Joint Hypermobility Syndrome sucks when you can dislocate so easily... hell I dislocated a thumb playing COD4 once).

Let's just agree to disagree. I liked Microsoft's original plan but that's me. I'm not trying to force you to buy an Xbox One. I've got four Xbox originals, two Xbox 360's and an XBone on pre-order. I've also got a PS original (upside down edition), a PS3 slim and I did have a PS2 before it died on me. I also killed an original Xbox.

Oh yeah, and I have a ton of games too because I don't trade my games in. I still go back and play old games quite often so I know what you mean about collecting games. So why wasn't I bothered about digital games... BECUASE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN STORED IN THE CLOUD.

I'm a big reader and have a load of books. I'm actually donating a lot of them to charity shops this week because I've now been storing them digitally plus new books I buy from Amazon for my Kindles (yes, I have multiple... Got every one since 2). Digital is the way to go. OK so you may not have the thing in your hand but all the important things about them are there. You can read digital books more easily than hardcopy.

Digital games are eaier to play than disc based because they are easier to access. Hell, I will probably be buying some games from the Playstation store this weekend. Nothing wrong with that. Been missing playing Wipeout for a while now (my original PS copy of Wipeout was one of the games that got wrecked because I had to turn the PS upside down or it wouldn't read the disc). I've also bought games from Steam and Xbox Live. Still have them. I'm still a collector even though they are the digital versions.

Nah, the crying over the One is because MS just didn't explain it clearly enough and the whiners just don't understand what they were trying to do.

Now you want to know why I know you are a troll? It's due to the most pathetic attempt to gain sympathy in saying you are disabled by Joint Hyper-mobility Syndrome and then wanting a movement device like Kinect. You do know that doesn't make a lick of sense, don't you?

You liking Microsoft's original plan makes you totally selfish, because there are many who care about the things they spend their money on. NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING is stopping you from buying all your games digitally so you don't have to put a disc in the trey due to your so-called disability. Seriously, if you are so disabled I don't think you should be putting yourself through so much pain to play a game while using Kinect.

You know what, I have a crap ton of games also... 3 XBOX systems, 2 360 systems, 3 PS3 systems, So? What does that prove other than you are clueless to the fact that Digital games relying on the cloud have no real worth once the server for such game gets shut down. You do realize that Microsoft can treat any Digital game you buy the same exact way they originally planned don't you? That your Digital games can STILL be stored on Microsoft's CLOUD just as long as Microsoft stops being a baby and taking all their toys away just because they didn't get what they wanted. 

I don't care what you do. Go ahead and buy all your games digital from now on. I unlike you care far more about my library of games, and I want my physical discs to retain a value, and not be reliant on a server to work. You acting like you are a collector and then saying you rather have digital to where there are massive restrictions, and lose major value doesn't make any sense either.

Nah, your crying over losing all games being digital on the Xbone is stupid due to the fact that you can still buy your games digitally, and Microsoft can still implement their same old Xbone policies for those digital versions. YOU would just rather put blame on everyone else like a poor misguided fool. Those like me know exactly what Microsoft was trying to do = Have their own little ecosystem to CONTROL all content on their console, and give their supporters less options on who and where they can sell/play those games.

Get a life!

Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 170 (256 Views)
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Jul 5, 2013
I love this thread.
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 170 (234 Views)
Fender Bender
2968 posts

Jul 5, 2013

un4gvn2 wrote:
I was being told what I can and cannot do with a game I paid for
I would be forced to check in with "mom" everyday
I would be forced to use/buy kinect
What's to not understand?

Not everyone chooses to connect their game console to the net. Not everyone wants a camera. Not everyone wants a media hub, just a game console. I have enough media apps in my entertainment components. As someone who loves physical media, I hate the cloud. I believe everyone should be given a choice. Ps4 gives me that. What m$ did made me abandon the xbox. Their attitude towards gamers before they saw the preorders is how they lost me forever.

Isn't every 7th and 8th generation console a media hub?

Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 170 (226 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 5, 2013

I feel like getting both Xbox One and PS4 really cause electing what i want is down right hard so will pick up both plus i want to play the Ones exclusives they look beast!!

And for the PS4 im looking forward to DriveClub

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 170 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Crescendo_66 wrote:

I feel like getting both Xbox One and PS4 really cause electing what i want is down right hard so will pick up both plus i want to play the Ones exclusives they look beast!!

Actually the PS4 had the best looking games running on real PS4 hardware - HERE

The Xbone doesn't have much unless you like a watered down, and very brown Dead Rising 3 that devs said they want to cater to the CoD crowd... A worse looking God of War III clone in RYSE... A linear racer in Forza 5 that has no day/night cycles, or weather effects, and Titanfall that isn't coming out until mid 2014 to the PC/360/Xbone with time exclusivity. 

What else was so special?

Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 170 (209 Views)
0 Likes