Fender Bender
2787 posts

Re: Getting an Xbox One.

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm actually retracting my statement. Most of it anyway and going to take a big gamble on Microsoft.

Still think Titanfall absolutely blows though.

Picking up my XBOX One Friday. with Forza and Dead Rising.. Also with PVR support.

Picking up my PS4 the week after.. Sorry I can't add much more to that I don't have a lot of positives for the PS4 right now apart from.. Uncharted is coming?

Whatever though. Microsoft have shown me that they are all for multimedia. Don't care... But they are for the gamer while Sony have a list of lacking things that are anti gamer.

Could very well be a brick like the 360 was. I'll give them one last chance since they have made a far bigger effort than Sony have.

Sony haven't impressed me, equally though the one thing they do have is a much lower past failure rate. I'll get both.

If anything, the reason I left M$ was because they seemed like they WEREN'T for the gamer, and I felt like I was an afterthought as a gamer with the One. What is lacking that makes Sony an anitgamer company lol?

PVR support.

Making a controller that is filled with motion control techniques, Wii style controls are not for real gamers. IMO.

Building a camera with motion technology - Both are guilty of this

Supporting scam websites like twitch and ustream both are guilty but MS fix the issue with allowing you to do things on your own terms.

The one thing i always hated about the PS3 was the motion controls.

I could unfortunately write out a list that would take a hour or so to read though, but I won't do that.

Funny, every  game I have that had motion control... you don't HAVE to use ... you can use reg controls if you want. >.<

As for Twitch and Ustream and linking to FB.... you can turn that off and, oh guess what? Just play games.

Message 161 of 170 (277 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2013

DragonIrons wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I'm actually retracting my statement. Most of it anyway and going to take a big gamble on Microsoft.

Picking up my XBOX One Friday. with Forza and Dead Rising.. Also with PVR support.

Picking up my PS4 the week after.. Sorry I can't add much more to that I don't have a lot of positives for the PS4 right now apart from.. Uncharted is coming?

Whatever though. Microsoft have shown me that they are all for multimedia. Don't care... But they are for the gamer while Sony have a list of lacking things that are anti gamer.

Could very well be a brick like the 360 was. I'll give them one last chance since they have made a far bigger effort than Sony have.

Sony haven't impressed me, equally though the one thing they do have is a much lower past failure rate. I'll get both.

If anything, the reason I left M$ was because they seemed like they WEREN'T for the gamer, and I felt like I was an afterthought as a gamer with the One. What is lacking that makes Sony an anitgamer company lol?

PVR support.

Making a controller that is filled with motion control techniques, Wii style controls are not for real gamers. IMO.

Supporting scam websites like twitch and ustream both are guilty but MS fix the issue with allowing you to do things on your own terms.

I could unfortunately write out a list that would take a hour or so to read though, but I won't do that.

Funny, every  game I have that had motion control... you don't HAVE to use ... you can use reg controls if you want. >.<

As for Twitch and Ustream and linking to FB.... you can turn that off and, oh guess what? Just play games.

No thanks. It's 2013. I want more from my consoles than just games.

and no.

Heavy Rain and Beyond are not optional. They are forced motion controls. I love those games, Could have been masterpieces without the Wii style concepts though.

Linger in Shadows I think it's called is also forced motion controls.

Message 162 of 170 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Nov 20, 2013
Both systems look dope, xbox seems more "next gen" with its features though. Overall games come first but the nifty little add ons are great. People said the same stuff last gen when it came to all the new stuff those consoles introduced.
Message 163 of 170 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15739 posts

Nov 20, 2013

Yes, I'm getting one. It should ship soon and arrive to me on Friday. Then, I'll have fun with my 2nd console setting up in the past 2 weeks. Then, I'll have the joy of switching back and forth between not one, but 4 consoles (PS3, PS4, 360,and X1). Yeah, I have too much t o play. Anyway, yes I'm also getting a X1.  

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 164 of 170 (249 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Nov 21, 2013

eternal_napalm wrote:
I'd rather buy rabies then a Xbone.

That's weird, maybe you should rethink your life.

photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 165 of 170 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
292 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

DragonIrons wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PVR support.

and no.

Heavy Rain and Beyond are not optional. They are forced motion controls. I love those games, Could have been masterpieces without the Wii style concepts though.

You have problem with David Cage and Quantic Dream then. Sony isn't forcing him to use motion controls for his games. You have Beyond Two Souls as your Avatar so it can't be that bad...

Message 166 of 170 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 21, 2013

TeenageHustling wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

DragonIrons wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

PVR support.

and no.

You have problem with David Cage and Quantic Dream then. Sony isn't forcing him to use motion controls for his games. You have Beyond Two Souls as your Avatar so it can't be that bad...

I really love David Cage's games. But I hate those parts that force motion controls.

The games are awesome. but the motion controls are what stops them being even better than awesome.

I have a problem with Quantic Dream for including those controls. I have a problem with Sony for making those controls. They are forced in the way that they are there for developers to use when they really shouldn't be. It's Wii territory.

Message 167 of 170 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2013
Considering Wii was the clear cut winner of the last generation, I'd be careful saying motion controls aren't for gamers... Seems to have worked well in the past.... That being said... Had the wii u, sold it for being a dud. Had for 9 months, and bought 1 game, and the online store sucked. Sold my 3ds too. Now I am 100% committed to the sony economy via vita, ps3, and soon a non-bricked ps4 (knock on wood). Had two 360s a few years ago... Great controller, cleaner graphics than ps3, but noisy and over heated. Sold them and bought my kids a wii.
Message 168 of 170 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Nov 21, 2013

webzpinner wrote:
Considering Wii was the clear cut winner of the last generation, I'd be careful saying motion controls aren't for gamers... Seems to have worked well in the past.... That being said... Had the wii u, sold it for being a dud. Had for 9 months, and bought 1 game, and the online store sucked. Sold my 3ds too. Now I am 100% committed to the sony economy via vita, ps3, and soon a non-bricked ps4 (knock on wood). Had two 360s a few years ago... Great controller, cleaner graphics than ps3, but noisy and over heated. Sold them and bought my kids a wii.

Being bought by everyone would indicate that it wasn't for gamers. My gran owns one which indicates the target demographic isn't actually gamers.

They were smart and tapped into an untapped market. That's all.

Message 169 of 170 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Trucking the Xbox One

Nov 23, 2013

THE_FORCE wrote:

Hey yo!

Those that have pre-ordered the Xbone - they're on their way!!

xbone fatty

Clearly this a a fake.  Mircosoft is smart enough to know if they are taking up the road, centering the unit and having the truck drive in the center of the road is the best way.

People may say

"Well, it is not in the box."  They can not use a box because then it would not be able to take proper turns.

"I do not see the controller."  It is in the truck.  How big of a controller can you use?

Message 170 of 170 (138 Views)
0 Likes