I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold

Jan 23, 2014

I have Pulse Elite and enjoy it. However there are two problems with it. I hope this Gold version fixed it.

1. Ear pads are too small for my ears. It does not cover completely and hurt my ears in the long run.

2. The two metal bar that wraps around the head somehow affects my head (blood vessel?) and I have a major headache after 20min of usage. I put some extra padding up there then it is fine to use.

The previous Pulse (big plastic squeaky one) did not have these problems and it was comfortable to me although it did not have 3.5mm option.

If the Gold fixes these two issue for me, I am buying it. I was expecting higer price, but 99 seems okay.

Message 11 of 122 (1,019 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

When was that announced? lol I did not know about a new PlayStation headset! lol

It... hasn't been announced. :/

Well I never heard of it before today. lol This thing works with the PS4 but they still have not updated the ones already out.

Message 12 of 122 (1,011 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 23, 2014

I just tweeted to Yoshida-san.  Hoping to get an answer on this.  I'll admit to being really sore about it, and I don;t even own a PULSE of any kind.

https://twitter.com/GrindheadJim/statuses/426421217042513920

yosptweet1.png

Grindhead_Jim

Message 13 of 122 (1,002 Views)
MVP Support
6033 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Ugh, I expect this is going to tick a few people off.

Brings out a new headset expecting PlayStation fans to buy it.

DOES NOT being out a patch to all prior headset owners to work with PS4 wirelessly.

Egad...

Seeing as it's using the same Sony technology though (surround not as good as a Dolby 7.1 headset, as it's More of a expanded Stereo headset actually), I'm a bit disappointed as I hoped Sony would strike a deal with Dolby or DTS. Maybe the Platinum model will do this...

@da1writer Is there really a platinum model or are you just joking around?

No, I was just guessing as these headphones you've shown us today does name them the Gold headset (PS4 compatible Version of the Original Pulse that came in the early years of PS3), would not be surprised to see a PS4 compatible Platinum model similar to the Pulse Elite headset that came in the last years of the PS3. Again speculation, no inside info lol.

Same as Jim, It's still upsetting to me seeing these being released before the patch and I don't own any Pulse headsets (anymore, had the elites). I feel for you guys who own them, I have friends on my Friends list who are waiting for a patch to utilize the prior versions fully, wirelessly.

Still no partnership to get a Dolby Surround Sound certification (the Defacto standard) or DTS Headphone X Early Access Smiley Sad...

Message 14 of 122 (998 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 23, 2014

da1writer wrote:

It's still upsetting seeing these being released before the patch and still no partnership to get a Dolby Surround Sound certification (the Defacto standard) or DTS Headphone X Early Access.

Yeah, those PLYR 1's are looking better and better every day. Smiley Mad

Grindhead_Jim

Message 15 of 122 (995 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Gold? Nah I will wait for the Platinum edition

Long, Live, Play ~PlayStation
Message 16 of 122 (990 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6033 posts

Jan 23, 2014

How in the world did you find these btw? No one is even talking about this besides this forum/thread. Do you have an insider?

I can see they can be purchased at Best Buy and Play Asia but not even Kotaku is talking about this...

Message 17 of 122 (985 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jan 23, 2014

da1writer wrote:

How in the world did you find these btw? No one is even talking about this besides this forum/thread. Do you have an insider?

I can see they can be purchased at Best Buy and Play Asia but not even Kotaku is talking about this...

That is what I want to know. lol How could they release something like this without officially announcing it? lol Maybe they did it intentionally so people don't get mad that their headsets still don't work. lol

Message 18 of 122 (963 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jan 23, 2014

da1writer wrote:

@da1writer I was just looking thru the official PlayStation accessories on Best Buy and on the 2nd page I found the listing for it.

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 19 of 122 (955 Views)
MVP Support
6033 posts

Jan 23, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

da1writer wrote:

@da1writer I was just looking thru the official PlayStation accessories on Best Buy and on the 2nd page I found the listing for it.

Nice find, tweeted this to game news sources with a link to your first post Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 122 (944 Views)
0 Likes