Survivor
2504 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold - PS newest gaming headset!

Jan 23, 2014
These new ones look more comfy than the Pulse Elite edition, as much as I love those headsets the 2 bars at the top give me a headache because of the weight.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 21 of 122 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Jan 23, 2014
I hope it's more comfortable than the Elites.
Message 22 of 122 (852 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014
If that's the Gold, I would hate to see silver and bronze if they made them. Still trying to compete with Madcatz and Turtle Beach I take it with a low quality accessory. Thank god they don't design their consoles like this.
Message 23 of 122 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3344 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
If that's the Gold, I would hate to see silver and bronze if they made them. Still trying to compete with Madcatz and Turtle Beach I take it with a low quality accessory. Thank god they don't design their consoles like this.

Yeah, I think it looks really cheaply made. Hopefully it sounds better than it looks.

Message 24 of 122 (828 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jan 23, 2014
Looking at the design, I'm thinking probably not. Like the Turtle Beach P11's, this product is obviously made for people who have never had a headset. And its crazy to think that Sony still doesn't have a headset that supports Dolby Headphone.
Message 25 of 122 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:

They gave the bronze ones with the ps4! Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 122 (781 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Just looks like a redesigned Pulse headset to me.

And with the aforementioned $99.99 pricetag, it seems to be the case since I have the Wireless Stereo Headset that is now renamed and redesigned as Pulse, and when it released, it too had an MSRP of $99.99.

Pretty sure, that if/when this product is officially annouced/released, we'll likely get the update for those with the current Sony headsets to be compatible with the PS4 finally.

Its only logical.

spock

Furiously Chaosing
Message 27 of 122 (760 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10192 posts

Jan 24, 2014
@hydroshubong

Yes they most certainly did.
Message 28 of 122 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jan 24, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Just looks like a redesigned Pulse headset to me.

And with the aforementioned $99.99 pricetag, it seems to be the case since I have the Wireless Stereo Headset that is now renamed and redesigned as Pulse, and when it released, it too had an MSRP of $99.99.

Pretty sure, that if/when this product is officially annouced/released, we'll likely get the update for those with the current Sony headsets to be compatible with the PS4 finally.

Its only logical.

I have to say that, without a doubt in my mind, that these "new" headsets are Pulse Elites at a better price point, with a physical design that is meant to stress function over form.  I cannot and will not compare these directly to PLYR 1's or Astro's A40/50's - they aren't in the same class, and that's the point.  It's extremely likely that I will own a pair of the Sony Golds, as well as a pair of PLYR 1's, each for a different purpose.  

They look great, look sturdy, and are more than affordable.  The person looking for an affordable headset isn't concerned with the level of fidelity and function that I, Writer, Ghost, or MurderStyle are most of the time.  I already have my studio-quality headset - it's wired.  The Golds look to be a great addition to a collection of headsets for an audiophile such as myself.  The budget-minded gamer is going to look at these and snag them without hesitation, and without any care that they are not top-of-the-line, because they aren't meant to be.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 29 of 122 (695 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 24, 2014

Great post. I agree with you 100%. I have the Pulse elites, astro A40/A30 , and the Sony MDR-MA900. I cant wait to try the new gold wireless stereo headset from sony. Im not expecting that much from it based on its price point. Sony sold a lot of Pulse elites and wireless stereo headset because of its low price point . I just hope the battery life is addressed, at least 8-10 hrs, and  also it has bass. The bass impact was very gimmicky. 

It seems Sony will release a new firmware for PS4 and PS3.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PS4-Firmware-Update-1-6-Coming-Soon-According-to-New-Sony-Headset-Des...

Should i keep my Pulse elites or give them away?

Message 30 of 122 (672 Views)
0 Likes