Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold - PS newest gaming headset!

Jan 25, 2014
So its absically the same thing.. I dont see why people should buy this if they have pulse
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 122 (1,648 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Jan 25, 2014

Vanexel wrote:

Sony wants Turtle Beach sales numbers. They wouldn't make a large profit from selling a $300 headset. The old Sony that released a $600 PS3 in 2006 would have definetly released a top tier high quality headset for more than $250. The Sony of today released a $400 PS4 that is great console that I love but I know Sony really wanted to create a beast but they know very little would fork over $600 for the PS4.

Sony's 7.1 virtual headphone technology is a step below dolby headphone tech. It is just an algorithm that positions the sound so hopefully sony has improved it. I think what makes the Astro mixamp work so good is because it uses dolby headphone tech and Dolby pro logic ll, by mixing the two Astro provides great positional sound to stereo headsets. The DTS headphone X does it even better. The PS4 uses some new proprietary sound that was co-developed by AMD and Sony . I guess we just gotta wait. I hope sony releases the full specs this time. I wanna know driver size and type, frequency response, impendance, and ect. Sony has a press confrence next week so hopefully these are shown and talked about.

That is the problem. It seems like most people prefer cheap price over quality and more features. I don't mind paying extra for quality and more features. The saying "you get what you pay for" is true in this case. It would have been nice to get a PlayStation branded headset that was really good quality.

Message 42 of 122 (1,645 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4223 posts

Jan 25, 2014

HWGuy14 wrote:
So its absically the same thing.. I dont see why people should buy this if they have pulse

its new, thats reson enough for a lot people to buy any electronic device. i personally want to see all the offerings sony will put out this year and not just in the gaming arena. it looks like theyre poising to make this an interesting year. good or bad i can sense a lot of things line up for release this year.

All PS4 information from Sony available here:

PS4 FAQ
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Everything you need to know about the PS4
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5102/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NzA2MDMzMy9zaWQvR1hqc3RRSGw%3D
Message 43 of 122 (1,637 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 25, 2014
Well, the only thing I could see them improving is the 3 hour battery life. Other than that, the puls is amazing.

Oh and they could also improve the usb thing! not one usb tailored ONLY to one headset.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 44 of 122 (1,609 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10075 posts

Jan 26, 2014
@Vanexel

Sure Sony wants TB 's sales numbers but at the same time, Turtle Beach does have $300 headsets. While they might not be great headsets, they certainly make people believe they are since they are very good at marketing.
Message 45 of 122 (1,588 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10075 posts

Jan 26, 2014
@Icestar10

I've never understood why a lot of people settle for these cheap headsets. While I'm sure money is an issue, they could still buy something cheap and save for something better.

The reason I say I don't understand it is because when it comes to graphics and resolution, they want the best of the best. 1080p, 60fps, etc, etc, etc. But when it comes to audio, they would be happy with technology from the 1990's. Visuals are only half the experience.

This can partially be blamed on the market since headphones don't need to be expensive to actually be good if you look at headphones like the Superlux HD 668b's or Samson SR850's. So either these companies really don't know how to make proper headsets or they just don't care. Part of me wonders if Sony even makes their own Gaming headsets or if the design was outsourced and only has Sonys name on them.
Message 46 of 122 (1,583 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Muderstyle  I did a little digging and at seems that the PlayStation side is somewhat seperate from the Sony electronics side. Different division, department, engineers, and budget. 

Remember the PlayStation 3D display. It was discontinued because it was super defective. Anyway a lot of people called sony and apparently sony's response was we don't manufacture the tv. I almost laughed because Sony makes tv's from ultra high end to budget models. The same for earbuds and headphones. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgHS1JRYhAc

This is the engineer that made the Pulse Elites. I belive all of Sony's high end headphones like the MDR-MA900 were designed by Sony's Japan branch. By the look of the Gold wireless stereo headset its probably the same guy from the video that made the Pulse and the version before the Pulse. 

Message 47 of 122 (1,557 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16135 posts

Jan 26, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@Grindhead_Jim

While I agree not everybody is looking for top of the line, I just wonder why Sony isn't trying to make top of the line for people. I mean a lot of people do buy headsets like this because they believe they are getting the "Official" experience. They see it the same as they would the official controller vs a generic one. Why not offer that in different Tiers of quality?

Instead of just a budget headset, they could have those golds, maybe the elite as well as a headset designed more like the Sennheiser G4ME ONE or PC360. If Sony had a top tier headset, it would certainly sell.

I've never been one to see "Official" with "Top of the line" as synonymous.

Had Sony market a series of tiered Playstation brand headsets, it would drastically be overshadowed by the already over-saturated nature of the audio market, and without some serious marketing behind it, no one would really know they exist.

I didnt even know the WSH/Pulse existed until a friend of mine linked me to them.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 48 of 122 (1,536 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12157 posts

Jan 26, 2014
Its called gold and it aint even gold. I aint buying it. Ole false advertising **bleep** sony
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 49 of 122 (1,526 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
117 posts

Jan 26, 2014
I got my pulse set (wireless stereo model not the elite) for 50 bucks back when TLOD came out as part of a promo. I'm assuming these pulse gold's are basically the same.
Message 50 of 122 (1,597 Views)
0 Likes