Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold - PS newest gaming headset!

Jan 27, 2014
@gR3yGh051

Some people do though and I've argued with a few people in this board in the past who try and call it the "Official" experience. One even referred to a pair of Sennheisers as being generic.

And it really might not be overshadowed. Many people who own Playstations want the Sony experience. Looking on this board as well as the Playststion boards on IGN and Gamespot, everybody and their grandmother seems to own Pulse or Pulse Elites. Meanwhile on the Xbox Boards, they all own Tritton or Turtle Beach. Not just the $100 models either. Tritton Warheads, Turtle Beach XO Sevens, XP500's and XP510's which are all in the $300 range.
Message 51 of 122 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
@gR3yGh051

Some people do though and I've argued with a few people in this board in the past who try and call it the "Official" experience. One even referred to a pair of Sennheisers as being generic.

And it really might not be overshadowed. Many people who own Playstations want the Sony experience. Looking on this board as well as the Playststion boards on IGN and Gamespot, everybody and their grandmother seems to own Pulse or Pulse Elites. Meanwhile on the Xbox Boards, they all own Tritton or Turtle Beach. Not just the $100 models either. Tritton Warheads, Turtle Beach XO Sevens, XP500's and XP510's which are all in the $300 range.

I'll never buy anything made by Turtle Beach again, even if that means not buying Sony's newer gaming headsets.

I've went through 3 or 4 headsets of theirs and they are simply too fragile and they take WAY too long to honor their warranty.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 52 of 122 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Jan 27, 2014
I've had one pair from Turtle Beach which lasted me two years before one of the speakers quit working. Over all though, the headset seemed pretty durable. A bit uncomfortable and the sound was very fatiguing, but durable. Others I've tried from their kiosks seemed very cheap.

The only "console" gamer headsets I have seen so far that actually have exceptional build quality are the ones from Astro Gaming. My A40's have a skeletal design of very flexable plastic as well as steel on the sides where the Pulse headphones are known to crack. I only wish the audio quality was a little better. While they don't sound bad, there is certainly room for improvement such as less bass and more soundstage and imaging.

Now the fact that you have been through three or four pairs from Turtle Beach really says something. I know other people who have had problems with Turtle Beach, Tritton as well as Sony Pulse. By the time they go through all these pairs, all they would have had to do instead is just buy one good pair. They will be built better, they will sound better and you won't suffer as much from things like listener fatigue either.
Message 53 of 122 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Jan 27, 2014
It would seem every gaming headset is gonna go bonkers eventually.
Message 54 of 122 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Not true and the Sennheiser PC360 Gaming Headset is a prime example. Of course they cost a lot more but I dont see why you would buy something that lasts a from few months to 5 years when you can buy something that will last 20 years and is far superior in sound quality.
Message 55 of 122 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Good headphones must take
Message 56 of 122 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Do the current Pulse Elite headset's work on the PS4? Some people tell me they do, some say no.

I don't have a pair but after looking at at some of the youtube reviews they look really nice.

Now, with the upcoming gold version, I think I may just wait and pick up a pair of the newer models.

Message 57 of 122 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold

Jan 27, 2014

These are just my opinions ...

Pulse Elite > Gold

why? Pulse have more features, but the Gold appear to fold up, and look more comfortable to wear. Still, the Pulse Elites.. well have the pulse feature, can be cabled, chat / music adjustable, etc.

Price point, I believe the Pulse Elites will remain at $150 while the Gold will sell for $100 - $130

I bought the pulse elite on sale for $99 over the holidaays. I am happy with them, although feel that they could be a little more comfortable, which the Gold's looks like they accomplish.

Now, pure speculation ... I think Sony waited a month in to January to release these (along with the 1.60 update to support them) so that customers would run over their 30 day return policy on the Elite's. Just my two cents.

Message 58 of 122 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1686 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold

Jan 27, 2014

AirMaxPenny wrote:

These are just my opinions ...

Pulse Elite > Gold

why? Pulse have more features, but the Gold appear to fold up, and look more comfortable to wear. Still, the Pulse Elites.. well have the pulse feature, can be cabled, chat / music adjustable, etc.

Price point, I believe the Pulse Elites will remain at $150 while the Gold will sell for $100 - $130

I bought the pulse elite on sale for $99 over the holidaays. I am happy with them, although feel that they could be a little more comfortable, which the Gold's looks like they accomplish.

Now, pure speculation ... I think Sony waited a month in to January to release these (along with the 1.60 update to support them) so that customers would run over their 30 day return policy on the Elite's. Just my two cents.

Like Sony is going to know when their customers buy an headset for their ps4, I haven't bought my headset yet, but I am already eying a pair for a few months down the road.

Message 59 of 122 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10134 posts

Jan 27, 2014
@Tenacious_T32

You don't want those Pulse headphones. It you want a decent setup for a good price, order these Astro A30's. Its also something you can upgrade even more as time goes by. The included Mixamp alone costs more than this.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Astro-Gaming-A30-Wireless-System/productID.25378...

For chat on the PS4, you will only need the Turtle Beach chat cable.
Message 60 of 122 (442 Views)
0 Likes