Standard**
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 122 (695 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1872 posts

Re: Gold mic question

Feb 4, 2014
Well, my pdp wireless headset can be plugged into my ipod throughout an aux cord and it works, but It doesn't to surround or the bass boost? But it doesn't drain power because the headset isn't technically on. (Feature wise) think of it like a normal headphone that pulls power and sound throughout the aux cord
Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 122 (692 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Feb 4, 2014

If it is like the pulse elite, you wont need to turn it on to use it with an 3.5mm cable from an ipod, or any source for that matter. if you plan on using the microphone, you still wont need to turn it on, but if you dont turn it on, you wont get the noise canceling portion which can cause mic feedback to others.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 122 (686 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 4, 2014
O wow that sounds reassuring then! That's really good to know! Thank you
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 122 (682 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Pulse Elite vs Sony Gold - PS newest gaming headset!

Feb 4, 2014

@AirMaxPenny   You can see a sound/chat control in the third picture, first post.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 122 (1,373 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4163 posts

Feb 4, 2014

I would love that Gold headset. $99 isn't too much to ask, I just can't afford it right now. But, someday (soon, hopefully) :smileyhappy:

Already putting what little money I can, here and there, for upcoming games.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 122 (1,369 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 4, 2014

I am a owner of both the Pulse headset and Pulse Elite headset. From what I understand the Gold Edition is PS4's version of the Standard Pulse Headset leading to say is the Gold Edition will be an awsome headset but will not tie or pass the Elites. The standard Pulse headset does not have the 3.5mm aux for using with other devices, preset sound modes, intergraded mic where the Standard has a plastic mic that slides out and is asking to get snapped. Plus it lacks the massive amount of bass the Elites put out. So basically they added these missing perks everything but the bass. Headsets even look the same. I personally beleave the Elites look better. The only negative things I can say about the Pulse Elites is with time and heavy game use the plastic brackets that hold the ear cups WILL eventually crack and break leaving your ear cups dangling by there wires and possiably losing functions from the wires getting cut or pulled. There was never a recall for this matter. Its incouraged to try not to bend them as least as u can and not touch them do to oil and acids on ur fingers deteriate the plastic. Another solution is by fabricating your own metal clips to support the cups seen in the Sony forums. It would be awsome to see a Platinum headset as someone mentioned. If sony does decide to hopefully those brackets wont be prone to faliure and have a metal core. It would also be great to see more customization internally and externally to step up there game with Turtle Beach. If you need a new headset for ur PS4 I'd suggest getting the Gold but would not trade your Elites for them. I also found this article interesting you might want read this   http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1305541/sony-ps4-gold-wireless-headset-launched-amid-vr-headset...

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 122 (1,115 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9577 posts

Feb 4, 2014
@jaymes_nin

More customization isn't what they need. What they need to do is scrap VSS in favor of 7.1 Dolby Headphone or 11.1 DTS Headphone X and go with more of an open design to increase their soundstage and imaging. We don't need more features like Turtle Beach. What we need is a better sounding headset made with a similar design as Sennheiser or AKG. Hell. The Superlux HD668b's and Samson SR850's are proof enough that it doesn't cost a ton of money to do this.
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 122 (1,102 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Where can I buy Gold Wireless Headset?

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2014

Anyone know when it's going to be released? Because I'm living in Montreal and called Best, Future Shop, Eb games and some have never heard about it yet and some says they really don't know yet when it's gonna be in stores... Some one has any information about it?

__

Moderator edit: Merged into existing thread - Meowstro

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 122 (843 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29040 posts

Re: Where can I buy Gold Wireless Headset?

Feb 5, 2014

EraserMucha wrote:

Anyone know when it's going to be released? Because I'm living in Montreal and called Best, Future Shop, Eb games and some have never heard about it yet and some says they really don't know yet when it's gonna be in stores... Some one has any information about it?

It's not out yet, but it will be released within the next week or so, it'll be $99.99.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/03/ps4-system-update-1-60-official-headset-support-gold-wirel...

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 122 (472 Views)
0 Likes